Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Zhadum101

It's a Trap

9 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

I love and I hate this map...

A strategy of AB where your team takes A easily and sets up a firing line into B (Positioning themselves right OUTSIDE OF B next to A), had won EVERY time I have seen it played...  The team that has possession of and sieges B with A secured behind them is just int he best position possible...

If you go for C first and the other team uses this tactic against you.. you must dead....  The Islands around B just protect you from being flanked... By the time they can flank you...  they lost too much time to win the match.

edited to clarify

Edited by Zhadum101

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
8,968 battles

CB is actually better in my experience.  The firing angles are worse with all the islands on the A side.  If your team is patient (possible in ranked unlikely in random), you can pick off some defending cruisers/battleships and then push through B from the C side.

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,706 battles

To me, going into cap A is the "trap" of this map's name.  It's MUCH deeper into the corner than cap C is in the NE.  I can't begin to tell you the number of times I've see teams charge into A while the enemy team took B and then proceeded to keep the A cap team bottled up in the SE corner and won easily.

To me, the best strat by far is BC.  There is space to work around C and even if the enemy takes B, you're nowhere near as bottled up if you own C than you are if you're at A.  You still have room to maneuver and escape and force the battle in other directions, and still have some cover for such an escape, etc.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

CB is current meta. Don't go against the meta. You'll lose most of the time.

[STORM]
Members
631 posts
24,410 battles

BC  or CB, all the way better survivability, A is way to exposed.

Edited by pufek

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

Perhaps I should clarify the tactic...

All BB and CA go to B...  any enemy CA or BB going to A must stop and engage them...  

A lone DD or maybe two of them make A usually uncontested while the rest of the team secures B (from the A side)...  them you just sit on B..   B has cover from C on both sides.... the enemy can only come at you 2-3 at a time while you have 8+ big ships to fire back at them....

I have NEVER seen this strategy lose, when going against a CB or a BC opposition.  (I have never seen BA on BA so I don't know how that would go)

If you have seen it lose please explain how it lost, as opposed to just rambling CB being better.  I see a C all in lose every day I play.....

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
6,051 posts

post-1002276027-0-23165500-1461797924.jp

For this and other map images feel free to go to Current Maps and use the included links to add them to your posts.

A does look a trifle too accessible, doesn't it?

Edited by Quaffer

Beta Testers
471 posts
5,902 battles

G4 G5 and F4 

are where I see the winning team setup a firing line

They just sit there    (NOT IN A MIND YOU)  Shielded by the mountains on both sides defending B...  The enemy at C loses to points quickly.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,054 battles

This is one of the few maps where taking B first can win. Zhadum has firing line poisition nailed for firing into C. The islands on either side are high enough to make flanking difficult, and it will take too long if opposing team took A and B together. However, a team taking C in force and coordinating push into B can win. Especially if you left a BB and cruiser around H6 I6 to harass enemy flank. The problem is coordinating push from C to B with harassment. 

Side note:  this map seems to generate more piecemeal, solo flanking attacks than most. FAIL. Once a team establishes itself in B, it is very hard to root them out. 

Sign in to follow this