You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Real Warship Genius - Mr. Carrier Pursuit Destroyer Captain (How not to Play DDs)

22 comments in this topic

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,147 battles

Love these videos.  Always good for a chuckle.  Sadly, mostly true too.

Still remember the original Bud Lite radio commercials that this theme originated from.  They were pretty funny too.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

Great video.

Sadly, I've even seen BBs round the cape and head off to enemy CV land while the rest of us are trying to hold off a push on our base and being outgunned. I've also seen that BB driver call us a fail team when we lost. Good times.

Members
292 posts
4,845 battles

I love  hunting for CV's. its about all I do now. Dont really give a damn about rest of the match, long as I kill CV's.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I love  hunting for CV's. its about all I do now. Dont really give a damn about rest of the match, long as I kill CV's.

well then, this one's for you.
  • Cool 1

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

Love these videos.  Always good for a chuckle.  Sadly, mostly true too.

Still remember the original Bud Lite radio commercials that this theme originated from.  They were pretty funny too

I will never forget those commercials.  So classic.  I really wish they would bring them back.

Members
713 posts

Ehhh, while it makes for a funny vid, it's not THAT accurate.

DD taking out the CV even if it is "fighter loadout" is legit. Damned spotters camped overhead of the DD are a legit threat. Additionally, that CV is 100 points off the enemy when it sinks, and, once the CV is down the DD is fast enough to swing around and turn the enemy away from his team or eat his torps from 180 degrees to the rest of his team (provided his team is actually capable of shooting something other than each other).

CV's: comes to shipgame, plays airplanes

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,672 posts
10,983 battles

Not even that funny a vid, actually.  And, as has been said - try scouting or capping with fighters lighting you up constantly.

Members
441 posts
8,477 battles

Great video.

Sadly, I've even seen BBs round the cape and head off to enemy CV land while the rest of us are trying to hold off a push on our base and being outgunned. I've also seen that BB driver call us a fail team when we lost. Good times.

I was on this team yesterday, except it was 2 ARP BBs that went CV hunting. The rest of us got our clocks cleaned and our base got capped but they got the CV. :great:

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

DD taking out the CV even if it is "fighter loadout" is legit. Damned spotters camped overhead of the DD are a legit threat. Additionally, that CV is 100 points off the enemy when it sinks, and, once the CV is down the DD is fast enough to swing around and turn the enemy away from his team or eat his torps from 180 degrees to the rest of his team (provided his team is actually capable of shooting something other than each other).

​In ranked gameplay, there just is not enough time.  If a DD is off chasing a CV, it might as well be sunk or out of the game because by the time it gets there, your team is likely behind.  In standard battles, no, this won't hurt the team as much.  In ranked gameplay though, it can be a death sentence for hopes of victory.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

But... butt.... butt... I agree - and for whatever the reason, red teams always freak out when their carrier is attacked. "We lost our carrier!" Waaa!

Point is valid tho... and if this is ranked and his team stunk, maybe he was going for high xp so as to not fall back a slot in his rank.

Members
808 posts
9,436 battles

That is awesome.  I still laugh at those commercials that I used to here.  Great all the way around....and so true

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

That is awesome.  I still laugh at those commercials that I used to here.  Great all the way around....and so tr

​Back when beer commercials were actually funny.  I miss those days.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,667 battles

As a DD driver I agree. Going after CVs should only be a secondary objective, something done after you have secured the caps and even then probably should only be done at lower and mid tiers.

Beta Testers
2,440 posts
8,653 battles

Sinking the CV can be a great boon in ranked, but it greatly depends on how the team is doing without the DD and how far away the CV is.

Once you get past tier 5 all CVs have good straight line speed. It would take forever for a DD to catch it in a tail chase and just getting a torp hit in that situation would be a miracle. While the DD is doing that, the CV could just kite it and continue to support its fleet so as to not completely put itself out of the fight like the DD.

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

Sinking the CV can be a great boon in ranked, but it greatly depends on how the team is doing without the DD and how far away the CV is.

Once you get past tier 5 all CVs have good straight line speed. It would take forever for a DD to catch it in a tail chase and just getting a torp hit in that situation would be a miracle. While the DD is doing that, the CV could just kite it and continue to support its fleet so as to not completely put itself out of the fight like the DD.

Its situational I suppose.  I've seen some very aggressive CVs in ranked, staying pretty close to the action, which is nice.​

Beta Testers
2,317 posts
5,865 battles

If I stumble across a supportless CV I am getting him. That being said, the ones that skirt the edge of the map being useless the entire match and stay out of harms way to get a late game CV kill is a waste of a ship.

Members
1,695 posts
8,924 battles

If I stumble across a supportless CV I am getting him. That being said, the ones that skirt the edge of the map being useless the entire match and stay out of harms way to get a late game CV kill is a waste of a ship.

Exactly.  It's not every instance.

Members
292 posts
4,845 battles

There is alot of rubbish in this forum with elitism an demands for people to play a set way. I think many of you forget you are not in control others gaming. Everyone plays this game a different way an rightly so. You just need to understand it an accept it. Period its black an white to be honest. I know I am not only person who likes hunting CV's in my DD. I play for my enjoyment as do others. if I pass up a Cruiser or a BB thats shooting at you its because I dont want to be seen so I can get past them, thats just tough an you'll have to handle it yourself.