Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Destroyer_HatsuzukiKai

Blyskawica Upgrade

17 comments in this topic

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

Aiming Systems Mod 1 Or Main Battery Mod 2?

The slow turrent rotation kinda sucks.

And I dont will choose Expert marksman instead of last stand

my point is, is Main Battery Mod 2 worth it?

Edited by Destroyer_Hatsuyuki

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

doesn't the rotation speed increase also increase reload time? Sort of negates any gain. The Bly's guns don't turn great, however they are able to keep up with your ships evasion in a gunfight and that is really all you need. Dispersion one will definitely help when using the blys great invisifire ranges. I'm hoping dispersion is the other option, can't quite remember. 

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

however they are able to keep up with your ships evasion in a gunfight and that is really all you need. 

That's my point. She cant sometimes.

My blyska capitan have 16 skills

Situation A.

BFT

Last Stand

Super I.

AFT

CE

I would need to gring a ton to get 2 more points and get Expert Marksman to solve this problem.

Edited by Destroyer_Hatsuyuki

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I have no turret rotation increases anywhere on my Blys and have never had my turret fall behind while in full turns. If they are not already aimed at your target, or you have your turrets move to shoot torps for example, then yes they will struggle to get back into place sometimes.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

It costs money, but the ship can evolve with the captain.

Initial pick of skills: SA, BFT, LS

Initial ship mod: MBM2

10pt skills: SA, LS, VG/SI, AFT (ditch brawling until you get another skill point or two for either EM or BFT)

10pt ship mod: ASM1

13pt skills: SA, BFT, EM, LS, VG/SI, AFT

13pt mod: ASM1

15pt skills: SA, LS, VG/SI, AFT, CE

15pt mod: MBM2/ASM1

18pt skills: SA, BFT, EM, LS, VG/SI, AFT, CE

18pt mod: ASM1

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

@MrDeaf That's exacly what I did, and reseted the captain when it reached the 15pt.

That's my question, at this point is it worth to put MBM2 over ASM1?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
45,042 battles

No.  Blyskawica's rate of fire is good but not great - not as fast as Kiev let alone USN DDs. A 15% decrease in rate of fire would be BAD. She's a great DD killer, and that should be your first priority.  You just need to plan ahead a bit and learn how to twitch the tiller for a moment to get the turrets on target. Makes it harder for enemy to hit you anyway.  Sometimes I simply switch to a target my turrets are closer to point at for a moment. 

If I had 16 points, this is what I would configure:

1 - Situational Awareness

2 - Last Stand

3 - Vigilance (I always run premium consumables on her)

4 - AFT/Demo Expert/Survival Expert

5 - Concealment Expert

1 - Basic Firing Training 

The 4 point skill is the conundrum for me. Last night I took 2 caps solo toward the end of a match with 88 Hit Points left for my Minekaze. Without Survival Expert, the Mahan I sank with gunfire ( yes, he was low on HP) would've sunk me instead for sure. OTOH it is so much fun to torment ships that can't even see you.  Or you can give in to your inner pyromaniac. At one point I was running AFT and Demo Expert on my Gnevny. That could be even more fun in the Blyskawica with those 4 barrels out back, letting you kite with invisi-fire. 

My Gnevny has Expert Marksman because those turrets are really slow.  But Last Stand is vital for any DD. 

A note on Vigilance: it isn't just for you. If you are ahead of a BB or CA (where you belong), your Vigilance may see torps intended for your bigger, slower teammates. This is especially important in those Tier 7-8-9 matches with massive torpedo shoals coming out of nowhere. 

Edited by Landing_Skipper

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

doesn't the rotation speed increase also increase reload time? Sort of negates any gain. The Bly's guns don't turn great, however they are able to keep up with your ships evasion in a gunfight and that is really all you need. Dispersion one will definitely help when using the blys great invisifire ranges. I'm hoping dispersion is the other option, can't quite remember. 

Actually it does but it recently got reduced to +5% which BFT easily overcomes. I have it on mine and it's not that bad.  Plus the guns on the Blys are already accurate enough, the aiming system mod really isn't much help IMHO.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

The Main Battery modification 2 have been buffed in this last patch and it only increases the reload by 5% instead of 15%.

15% would be really bad but with this buff I thought that it may be good.

Exactly, and since most put AFT on their ship anyways, it's really not a big hit. The help however is just enough to be highly useful.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

To be honest, I'd drop CE. CE is very useful, but you can already invisifire with AFT, and EM is a much better choice. What does CE give you in the Blys, 1km extra? 

16 points I'd do BFT, SA, LS, EM, SI, AFT, & DE/SE. That's how my Khab captain is set up and it does very well. 

ETA: And to answer your question... Aiming system mod. 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Aiming Systems Mod 1 Or Main Battery Mod 2?

The slow turrent rotation kinda sucks.

And I dont will choose Expert marksman instead of last stand

my point is, is Main Battery Mod 2 worth it?

Aiming Systems Mod 1. The Blyskawica is a gunboat. It is imperative that she get shots on target. She also needs her reload to be fast. Also, get Expert Marksman as well as Last Stand.

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

CE doesn't feel like a good choice to me with Blys.  She's not agile enough to afford getting in that close.  Her RoF compared to other ships that she needs to concealment for, ie Mahan, is pretty lackluster.  Getting spotted at 7.5km by a Mahan and you still have a chance to evade incoming fire, where at 6.8km you're more likely to take some hits.  

My plan for when I have the captain skills is:

SA/BFT

EM/LS

Vig

AFT/DE

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

@MrDeaf That's exacly what I did, and reseted the captain when it reached the 15pt.

That's my question, at this point is it worth to put MBM2 over ASM1?

If you feel it's not enough, you can pick up BFT with 16pt, then mount MBM2 for almost no penalty.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I actually put that in my anshan .  I was getting tired of waiting for my turret when I am close and personal.  losing 5% was worth gain in 15% turret. 

i went with

BFT/SA

EM/LS

Vig

AFT

next 2 point will be TAE for 15 point.  I am close to it. 

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Honestly, the Blys is not an up close knife fighter like a USN DD is. It's a long range piss off your opponent who can't see you but are constantly being set on fire style DD. She out-russians the russian DDs in this regard.

I'd go for the aiming mod over the turret traverse one as you'll rarely be in the kind of situation where your turrets need to traverse asap. But reducing dispersion when you're firing from 14km away is a pretty good idea. Plus the new version also helps with torpedo traverse, which is cool.

Edited by KaptainKaybe

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

CE doesn't feel like a good choice to me with Blys.  She's not agile enough to afford getting in that close.  Her RoF compared to other ships that she needs to concealment for, ie Mahan, is pretty lackluster.  Getting spotted at 7.5km by a Mahan and you still have a chance to evade incoming fire, where at 6.8km you're more likely to take some hits.  

My plan for when I have the captain skills is:

SA/BFT

EM/LS

Vig

AFT/DE

That's how mine is set up, less EM at the moment.

Sign in to follow this