You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

My Last Moments Before WOWS Died

15 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

If you came here looking for an I Quit thread then you came to the wrong place. :P

No this is not me ranting about how WOWS is dying & I'm loosing enjoyment & blah blah blah, rather this about me screwing around with trying to get advanced Anti-Aliasing running in the game from a very old forum post I found. Funny thing is it actually does work but my FPS pretty much tanked to oblivion, I did get some nice screenshots before WOWS died on me.

Died as in literally doesn't work, see I had the unfortunate event of blue screening my computer from an instance of launching the game with a custom AA profile & after restarting... well let's just say the launcher gives me something along the lines of "Critical Error, cannot start & the actual game .exe pretty much doesn't start. I did make a restore point before I started messing around but sadly that didn't fix the problem. So now I uninstalled the game & now I gotta re-install all of it again while wiping any custom profiles I made (I did save all my mods I was working on thank god). :(

Oh here's some screenshots of the last moments before WOWS Armageddon happened.

No-AA.

7oKz30E.jpg

Super AA.

po4Nvrk.jpg

In case you were wondering I wanted to make a super-anime looking Yokosuka complete with extreme lighting effects because why not.

I'll probably just make a full installation backup somewhere else in case this happens again. :sceptic:

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Yokosuka looks beautiful.

Too beautiful for the client to handle apparently.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

If you came here looking for an I Quit thread then you came to the wrong place. :P

Awwwww.... :(

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Wow, that graphic "bloom" effect. What's your video card?

GT 420 :trollface:

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

Wow, that graphic "bloom" effect. What's your video card?

GTX 850M

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

OMG. Beautiful graphics, mate! Really astounding. I do wish they made it so that the game officially supports that level of graphics settings. My gaming rig (GTX 980, 16 RAM, i7-4790k and SSD) should be able to play it fine at 50+ FPS (currently, it's full FPS on the current maxed settings).

WG, make this poor soul happier while playing his boating game...

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,845 battles

I'm too old or my screen isn't good enough to really see the difference and think to myself... it wouldn't be worth my pain to try it.

• Cool 2

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I would like to ask a question to someone that knows about bloom.

D7sCmw9.png

I don't think the sun's supposed to look like a dot.

u30Y2ZS.png

Before, like 2 or so months ago, I remembered the solar panels to be more detailed on that port.

Does this has anything to do with WG screwing up with the "bloom" settings, or something going on on my end?

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

I would like to ask a question to someone that knows about bloom.

D7sCmw9.png

I don't think the sun's supposed to look like a dot.

u30Y2ZS.png

Before, like 2 or so months ago, I remembered the solar panels to be more detailed on that port.

Does this has anything to do with WG screwing up with the "bloom" settings, or something going on on my end?

Well you came to the right place as those observations you made I saw right off the bat when 5.5 hit (that's when the change happened).

To answer your questions:

A - Unfortunately yes the sun's supposed to look like a dot, that's how Wargaming designed it. I have changed & modded it in the past but it broke after 5.5 launched (along with all the rest of my mods, thanks Wargaming). I have yet to create an updated version of my Yokosuka port mod.

Some old screenshots of 2 different variations I made:

z2kIAV6.jpgzwFk877.jpg

B - Yes the solar panel got messed around with, more precisely they changed the textures is the reason why they look like that. I've located a backup of my old files & transferred them over fixing the new solar panel issue myself. I don't know why they made it like that the old panels looked fine & if anything, better.

Here's my fix, pardon the port differences it's what I've been running with since 5.5 happened:

2OkAdHM.jpg

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Yeah man, it'd be nice if they fixed it. I mean, I'm sure it's one of the more popular Ports, because people get access to their ARP ships (and not everyone mods).

Looking at those panels don't make it immersive and lack futurism and visual appeal. And the sun without it's glow and lens flare... Like really. :angry:

0 posts

Really look forward to a Yokosuka port revamp v3 with such bloom and them sky... :D

Indeed, the Port is beautifully designed, and easily one of the brightest, and most colorful of the ports ingame, to make it look even more beautiful would be great.