Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

7 comments in this topic

[SIMNZ]
Members
767 posts
7,551 battles

Good evening, fellow captains! So as of now, I'm about 6k XP away from unlocking the New York-class Battleship. Any suggestions about what upgrades, captain skills, camo, etc. I should use, and what tactics to use while playing it? I don't have it now, but want to be better prepared when I do have it, so any advice would be helpful. Thanks, and fair seas!

Beta Testers
365 posts
12,391 battles

If you've got a good feel for the Wyoming, the New York should not present much in the way of surprises.  I wouldn't say there's any real revolutions in USN battleships until you reach the North Carolina at tier 8 - until then, it's more in the way of incremental improvements.

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,396 posts
29,476 battles

This is a true brawling ship.

My best game was pushing in and fighting under 10km.

Almost won a 6 v1...came up 30 seconds short...burned out. Got 5 kills 99k damage.

She isn't fast so you need to pick a spot to go to and stay with it, you cannot flex.

She has somewhat squishy sides so,angle.

I'd pick detection skl and vigilance as 2 mandi tory skills.

Main battery mod 1. To boos survival and secondaries.

The game has changed a bit since I played her. Sold her to buy New Mex...

Sad, NY was a favorite,  until I bought Texas.

[2GOOD]
Members
942 posts
23,079 battles

When facing enemy battleships you should pretty much forget about the centre turret as turning the ship far enough to get it on target leaves you far too exposed to enemy fire.

[SIMNZ]
Members
767 posts
7,551 battles

So I finally acquired my NY, and played it in Co-op battles (which is how I break in any new ship that I get) and landed 17 shots on target, scoring a citadel and killing an enemy Pensacola, while having another kill on an enemy NY kill-stolen. I got Main Battery modifications 1 and 2, as well as Steering Modification 1, and for my first captain skill I got situational awareness. Is this a good start or no? Thanks!

Members
249 posts

So I finally acquired my NY, and played it in Co-op battles (which is how I break in any new ship that I get) and landed 17 shots on target, scoring a citadel and killing an enemy Pensacola, while having another kill on an enemy NY kill-stolen. I got Main Battery modifications 1 and 2, as well as Steering Modification 1, and for my first captain skill I got situational awareness. Is this a good start or no? Thanks!

I think it is a good start.  I got the AA upgrade instead of MB Mod 2 but I think that is more of a personal preference.  The camo is a big plus too, but it is 1000 Dubs, so that is gonna cost ya approx 6 bucks to have but it has it bennies.  I purchased it and then the next day I won the Skull camo which does the same thing. LOL.   I like the New York and as CollisionSpace said, forget about that center turret.  Under most situations you do not want to show your broadside, especially against higher tiered BB's.  I found that out the hard way against a Kongo. She is not higher tiered officially, but she sure plays like one IMHO. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

center turret need some timing to use safely, but it can be done.  i use it all the time.   keep angled, and between enemy shots, you can wiggle the center turret in and fire  then angle back.   Kongo really depends on driver.   they are fast, but has soft side.     their speed tend to get them into bad positioning, and you have to take advantage of it.    get to about 10km and you can kill em easy enough. learn to use cover to getclose.     

Sign in to follow this