Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mouseman

Permanent Premium Paint

13 comments in this topic

[PDBS]
Beta Testers
7 posts
12,493 battles

So I just got into my Hipper, and its giving me the option of putting on some really nice permanent paint for 3000 gold.   This paint increases xp earned by 50% among other things, which makes me wonder, does this effectively turn the hipper into a premium ship that I can move other German captains into and out of without having to retrain them?  If it does, and I can move captains in and out of the hipper at will, then the paint is well worth the 3000 gold....if not, then the paint is a huge waste of money.

Does anyone know whether or not it allows you to move crews at will once you put on the paint?

Edited by Mouseman

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

No.

Bonuses are what you see, it's just a regular elite ship that you can earn more xp on, so you can pay to convert it eventually....:)

Edited by awiggin

[PDBS]
Beta Testers
7 posts
12,493 battles

Thank you for the swift response, Gentlemen.    That answers my question.....and makes my decision for me....NOT to buy the paint.

[-VT-]
Members
1,044 posts
43,429 battles

I have bought premium camo on numerous ships: Minekaze, Cleveland, Nurnberg, Fletcher, Fubuki, Hipper, Mogami, etc.

I have yet to regret doing so for any of them.

Why?  Because I like playing those ships and I kept them in my port.  They continue to be fun and productive.  The premium camo, over the long haul, is quite worthwhile.

Don't be too swift to discount the value of such.

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,184 battles

I have bought premium camo on numerous ships: Minekaze, Cleveland, Nurnberg, Fletcher, Fubuki, Hipper, Mogami, etc.

I have yet to regret doing so for any of them.

Why?  Because I like playing those ships and I kept them in my port.  They continue to be fun and productive.  The premium camo, over the long haul, is quite worthwhile.

Don't be too swift to discount the value of such.

You and I have very different opinion of these camo's. I thought the Christmas camo would be unique in nature (I was naive to WG ways), so now I have ugly candy cane ships and they have released a set of Type 6 with better stats. Though not permanent, the amount of them you can get for the doubloon cost of the permanent is significant.

The cost of the high tiers are only good imo for the T9 grind on ships like Izumo and Baltimore, ships you most likely will not keep after you move on. They take a lot of games to grind through, therefore either doing general free xp or Type 6 is a better buy to me. The price of the camo combined with paying more to get the free XP off is better used on buying different premium ships imo.

After buying the Izumo and Christmas specials, I know I won't be getting any again soon.

Members
848 posts
6,915 battles

Permanent camo only increases xp earned and other listed bonuses. Don't buy it unless the ship you have is one you will keep for a very long time, or a personal favourite. Remember, 3000 gold is 75000 free experience, which can comfortably get you to a tier 6 ship.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

WG really needs to change the camo prices to around 500 doubloon instead of 1-5k. the current prices are just stupid!:sceptic:

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles

I agree, the prices are crazy, but thats WG for you. I regret buying a few camos, the xmas one in particular on my Cleveland. I bought the Izumo camo purely because that ship is horrible to play and I want through it as fast as possible.

Beta Testers
11,668 posts

I bought all the historic camo, just to look good.  Nothing like the flag or the christmas or the candy ones however.  I like a more natural blending historic camo like the way they came with.

[-BF]
Members
144 posts
3,202 battles

Prices way too high for no being able to swap captains with no penalty.  I suggest maybe the special cammo would allow two ship specializations that way it could be sort of like a premium but not quite as good.  But still give you another ship to swap back and forth with.  Either that or like BladedPheonix said, they need to be like 500 dublooms if they leave them as is.

[MAR_U]
Members
667 posts
8,114 battles

The only ship I regret buying the premium cammo on is the Yorck. What a terrible decision on my part. :(

I have it on the Hipper, Cleveland, New Orleans, and Roon. All ships I enjoy playing.

Edited by jabberwalkie09

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,455 battles

Buying an expensive permanent camo is a big decision. In order to amortize the purchase you need to keep the ship and play it for a long time. Only do it for keepers. That said, the price should come down. It is a tad expensive.

I have two or three perm camos, all in keepers. The only one I regret is Minekaze. Not because it is not a keeper; it is, but because it is the fugly candy-cane camo, which (being my first) I naïvely thought would be only for the December holidays (when it was available), and would then revert to a regular war-looking camo. I now know better. Therefore I did not buy it for Cleveland (also candy-cane offered at the time) and now I seldom play Minekaze as I cannot stand the look. I play Fujin instead which is also weird looking (Halloween camo), but better than candy-cane.

Edited by alexf24

Sign in to follow this