You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
legoboy0401

Vittorio Veneto

Should Vittorio Veneto Be Implemented As A Regular Ship or As A Premium?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Should Vittorio Veneto Be Implemented As A Regular Ship or As A Premium?

• She should be in the tech tree as a researchable ship.
    • She should be a Premium Ship, avaliable in the Premium Shop.
    • Neither.(explain)
    • Bacon.
    • She should not be in this game(explain)
    • Undecided.

11 comments in this topic

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

Hello fellow captains, here is my presentation of a ship we probably will have in game eventually, but we haven't gotten her yet:

The Vittorio Veneto, the lead ship of a class of Italian Battleships of the same name.

For those who have never heard of her, it's all right.

She was involved in the Battle of Cape Matapan, where she took a hit from a British Fairey Swordfish Torpedo Bomber's torpedo, but managed to return to her port although shipping some 4,000 tons of water.

There is quite a bit more to tell, but I think I'll leave it up to you guys to discuss this historically significant ship, because this Forum bans the use of Wikipedia.

This is a very cool class of ship, and would probably have decent guns, secondaries and AA, as well as thick armor, but having around average HP due to her not-overly-large size. She would be a solid fit for Tier VIII, but would be a little too OP for Tier VII.

How the Developers will implement what could potentially be one of the best TDS tier for tier in the game remains to be seen.

Feel free to discuss this ship and vote for your favored manner of implementation in the poll.

Have fun!:)

Edited by legoboy0401

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

She will be a solid tier 7 or 8 battleship, depending on how Wargaming decides to balance her ingame, 

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/84757-a-detailed-look-at-littorio-reissue/page__p__2069667#entry2069667

I highly recommend looking at this thread for some insight on how what is likely to happen to the class when they are eventually added in. 

You obviously are a fan of the class, judging by your name.:D

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

The Littorio-class will probably be the tech tree ship. I'd love to see the Vittorio Veneto as a premium.

0 posts

Indeed I am~! I've always like the look of Italian Warships, and the Littorio class is among one of my most favorite Battleships in terms of aesthetics. 
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

not a good idea to mock the Empress of the forums, her minions will torture you without end!:sceptic:

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

Indeed I am~! I've always like the look of Italian Warships, and the Littorio class is among one of my most favorite Battleships in terms of aesthetics. 

not to mention they are just sexy looking ships to look at! its such a pity they didn't get to shine during WW2, the Riga Marine commanders were far to cautious with their ships in my opinion!:hmm:

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

not to mention they are just sexy looking ships to look at! its such a pity they didn't get to shine during WW2, the Riga Marine commanders were far to cautious with their ships in my opinion!:hmm:

Yes and yes. They are truly gorgeous ships, with thick armor and ridiculous speed.(basically, I can see them being called the Italian Iowas, because it sure doesn't help that they are both fast battleships for their Tiers and they have the same number of guns.) They should be both a pleasure to sail and a pleasure to fight.(man, those aesthetics are incredible, with in my opinion, only HMS Nelson even getting close.)

Members
3,064 posts
1,925 battles

The Littorio-class will probably be the tech tree ship. I'd love to see the Vittorio Veneto as a premium.

Not so fast, it was not necessarily the Littorio-class. It was more of the Littorio/Vittorio Veneto class.

So technically, this one goes to WG to decide.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Not so fast, it was not necessarily the Littorio-class. It was more of the Littorio/Vittorio Veneto class.

So technically, this one goes to WG to decide.

I've never seen the Vittorio Veneto named as the lead ship of the class officially by any source i've read. It's always referred to as the second ship of the Littorio-class. I don't personally care which is tech tree as tech tree ships aren't actually individual ships.