You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Killjoy1941

I never thought I'd say this, but I'm done with Ranked

57 comments in this topic

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

There's nothing fun about tier 7, at least for Ranked. There isn't a single ship that handles with anything like the grace and power of even the worst tier 8.

Destroyer fights are long, slow, boring slug-fests, nothing at all like the short, sharp, and deadly fights of the last seasons. Cruisers do nothing but hide because at tier 7 they have the worst concealment in the game and can't play peekaboo in the open. Battleships are slow, boring, squishy, and spawn in the [edited] corners. Who the hell let that one happen for ships that can't even hit 27knts with a speed flag? Oh, and carriers? It's a gamble to even attempt to play with them. There's absolutely zero room for mistakes, so if you have the less skilled player, you lose. 

The last few seasons were the most fun I've ever had in this game. The matches were tense and fast-paced. Good planning, positioning, and gunnery could reward you with game-changing kills. It was an entirely unique experience in WoWs. Now, if you lose a ship, you'll probably lose, and slowly, painfully at that. It's awful, and my dislike of it all is affecting my play. I play like [edited] because I'm not having fun. Not even my Sims can put some fun into it anymore. Flint can't tempt me to try anymore. I hate it. I have to force myself to even hit the battle button. It's a dull, soul-sucking grind with no fun to be had.

I'm done, and if future seasons are also tier 7, I won't be playing so much as a single match in them.

• Cool 3

Members
1,360 posts

I would have loved it if they had kept to tiers V and VI. Not as big of a capability gap between them as VI and VII, and the maps are better

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

killjoy'd       why I stopped at 11.  I could see that 10 or lower will be grind.   with minimal award at 10, no real reason for me to get there.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

I am sorry to hear this . As you were sot of assigned as my mentor I put you on my contact list and I have been cheering for you ( in the background lol ) as you went up in Rank . And I agre with you . I got the Mahan back for tier 7 in Ranked as the only other I have is the Atlanta .  Almost seems like a waste of time and credits some days .

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

I am sorry to hear this . As you were sot of assigned as my mentor I put you on my contact list and I have been cheering for you ( in the background lol ) as you went up in Rank . And I agre with you . I got the Mahan back for tier 7 in Ranked as the only other I have is the Atlanta .  Almost seems like a waste of time and credits some days .

Helping you guys out will be a lot more fun than this has been. We can get that going this week.

Hopefully enough people agree with me and WG will change it for next season because as it is, it's awful. I'm saying all this as one of the bigger supporters of Ranked and someone who has made more than one thread asking for its return.

[NORUN]
Members
695 posts
8,870 battles

But consider if no changes to the tiers are made for the next round of ranked and we have German BBs available.  Are you ready for World of Scharnhorsts?

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Helping you guys out will be a lot more fun than this has been. We can get that going this week.

Hopefully enough people agree with me and WG will change it for next season because as it is, it's awful. I'm saying all this as one of the bigger supporters of Ranked and someone who has made more than one thread asking for its return.

Just let me know times and I will try to be online then . I am playing now .   :honoring:

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I got stuck at tier 14 and I have pretty much given up. Too many fail hards to try and carry anymore. I'm done.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I'm 3/5 of the way thru 10 and while I've had a few derp-out matches (with plenty of fault to go around), I've also had a few fortunate narrow scrapes and some genuinely good games. This is actually the furthest I've managed to get in Ranked out of all four seasons, and I'm starting to think that this time around, at least, one of the keys to success is to have your Ranked games in small batches. Have a go in your most comfortable ship, and if you win, have another go; if you lose but know it wasn't necessarily your fault or if your team just got a bad break (or whatever), have another try and see what happens. Win or lose, never take them more than three in a row.

Also, I seem to do a lot better in battleships this time 'round. And my Myoko (regular and ARP) has been of help a time or two as well...

Members
3,929 posts
20,900 battles

I played 5 games in ranked. Really thought it was boring. Bots are more fun and likable.

• Cool 2

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

T8 definitely has the more interesting ships. My one grievance is that the premium T8 cruisers are the only competitively viable ships if you're going to play that class.

World of Benson could be more interesting because the DDs wouldn't need to spend so much time babysitting their BBs. The T7 BBs are extremely squishy compared to the T8s, thus they need constant smoke screens to stay alive.

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

I don't really mind the tier of ship.

I just can't stand winning two and losing three, then winning 1 and losing two... [edited].

I can't get out of rank 5 to save my life.

I'll try for another few days, then I'm done.

It's just not fun.  It would be fun if teammates knew what they were doing, but I end up on teams with some really mentally challenged individuals.

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

I gave up at rank 9.

I decided this after I played 30 battles in day, and I ended up...

Rank 9.3 to 10.3, then to 8.0, and finished at 9.1. It's just a waste of time!

Edited by Wulfgarn

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I really don't think that it would make a difference, t8 is likely to play the same as t7.  The meta has shifted to more of a campy style.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I played 5 games in ranked. Really thought it was boring. Bots are more fun and likable.

If we can only figure out a way to force all the other players who cannot carry their weight to stick to co-op like you do, ranked would be much more enjoyable. 
  • Cool 2

[O7]
Beta Testers
1,804 posts
12,327 battles

Population at Ranks 5-1 are my issue.  Don't have a different MM pool up there if Rank 5 isn't irrevokable.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

That sucks Kill, you championed Rank on here pretty hard....

I'm close, its getting boring and repetitive. On top of my own potato'ism I keep seeing the same players that move up into 5 come back down and get stuck or worse, pretty disheartening. If playing "Great" by Warships.Today standards and I feel like I am playing well yet this has been my results

pSmpqSJ.png

Apparently I am not cut out for ranked this season....

• Cool 1

Members
4,535 posts
16,605 battles

I got stuck at tier 14 and I have pretty much given up. Too many fail hards to try and carry anymore. I'm done.

^^This

[NO2BB]
Beta Testers
31 posts
12,176 battles

The season needs to be longer to accommodate the massive amounts of additional games required to rank out. Rank 5-1 queues have been terrible and it won't get any better as more people give up.

Overall its been the least fun season by far.

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

I started on the 13th, so maybe two weeks ago.

Outside of that ~20 game win streak that got me to rank 10 I have only played for 3 stars a day. At 6 now. It only takes at max 5 games for 3 stars......is this not normal or something?

If it isn't I apologize for humblebrag. Please no flame.

To be fair I haven't hit 5 yet. Should in a day or two.

Edited by Naughtius_Maximus

Members
385 posts
16,316 battles

Got within 1 star of 9 then went on a nasty losing streak all the way back to 12 in two days. Was going to quit, but pulled out the Atlanta for one last go at it. Managed to climb back to 10, but it was exhausting. Just sucked the life outta me. This was my last game tonight, we should of lost, but i'll take it...

last%20gamejpg.jpg

Members
802 posts
2,757 battles

Outside of that ~20 game win streak that got me to rank 10 I have only played for 3 stars a day. At 6 now. It only takes at max 5 games for 3 stars......is this not normal or something?

This behavior is not the norm.  I find it much harder to get in the top spot when above rank 5, whereas I had it fairly often getting up to 5.

Above 5 seems to be one cap each, then lobbing shells for the entire match.  Often times it's the yahoos that yolo that lose the match.  (Myself included, sometimes)

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

you are keeping 64% WR  with sims  in 70 match or so  .  which is pretty good.   .  it also kinda goes with my own result with farragut to R11.          I've been doing pretty well with it and have similar stat to your sims.     I do know that it gets tougher at R10, but mostly I think this just tells me that well played knife fighting DD probably has best results at least to 5.     I am just not driven to move up though.   

There are less than 200 player between R2 and 5.  that doesn't make it very easy when you get ot 5, and they tend to be better players.    population between 6 and 10 is about 600 I believe, which makes it lot easier to have  more of regularmatch.

Edited by centarina

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

Got as far as 5.......then WG decided to "Gandalf" me.

Dropped all the way back down to the bottom of 7 and doubt I will get back to where I was. Just to many dropkicks in the 10-6 bracket now that are only there due to the sheer amount of battles they have played.