You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

How was your weekend spree?

30 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

Shokaku's definitely cursed. I had two losing streaks in her last night and earlier this afternoon. At least I've learned to let her drink soda until 8K+ online, because I swear the T8-10 happens a lot more than Hiryu in T7-9.

On a happier note, Lexington captains that run strike seem to share my mutual preference we focus on killing each other's non-CV teammates because more rewards that way (and my upgraded fighters w/ all ftr mods can't do a whole lot), so with a little luck I can pull some nasty damage. As it's unspoken consent (unless he tries to snipe me), it's not an issue under the CV truce rules.

First major derp in Ibuki. Estuary, I'm turning because more BBs and CAs coming cap and I want to avoid being focusfired. Iowa rams and drags me along, I'm trying to get off and beg him in chat to turn so I can get off. He fires a broadside into me, turns pink, and drops to 5K HP! I'm unable to get back to speed and the nearby CO puts a DS through me right after the poor Iowa got finished off.

Similar humor in ARP Myoko. I beach on an island next to an ARP Kongo and he reverses faster than me. I'm forced to ride his tushy until he goes full steam ahead.

One player started calling me a jerk earlier in Shokaku and other trash talk. I silenced him with "-fangirl squeal-" and repeatedly yelling "date me! date me! date me!" More fun than arguing endlessly!

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

One player started calling me a jerk earlier in Shokaku and other trash talk. I silenced him with "-fangirl squeal-" and repeatedly yelling "date me! date me! date me!" More fun than arguing endlessly!

Reminds me of a certain scene from Sin City... :amazed:

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

I'm trying to get off and beg him in chat to turn so I can get off. He fires a broadside into me, turns pink, and drops

I love when things are removed from their context.

Staying on topic, today was awful. A ton of weekend warriors that didn't play objectives and just sat back. Experienced it in all tiers. Using the Sims was fun though. Those guns are dangerous up close.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Today was good once I bought Hatsu...

Whole new outlook on Ranked.

Edited by slak__
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

RNGesus was not being very nice to me this weekend. Was trying to play my Mikasa and the shots, which for me are usually decent, kept going all over the place today. (what I did with the secondaries shortly after though, more than made up for it... :hiding:)

Also had a bit of a losing streak, so I decided to stick with co-op for the rest of play time. Did ok....I think something might be a bit "off" with me this weekend though, I'm not shooting as well I normally do. I keep flubbing shots every now and again.

Problem is though, I want to get as much play time as I can before the 8th next month....I'll be having surgery then on my left shoulder and won't be able to play for probably a few weeks while it heals... :(

But over all, I guess my week has been decent...I guess lol

I'm trying to get off and beg him in chat to turn so I can get off. He fires a broadside into me, turns pink, and drops 

out of context, this can be seen as um....heheheheheheh....:hiding:

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,740 battles

I spent most of my day in a "lets nerf the Texas" forum thread! best entertainment I've had all week to be honest!:)

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

out of context, this can be seen as um....heheheheheheh....:hiding:

Beat you to it ;)

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Beat you to it ;)

Awwww... :(

next time... :hiding:

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

I spent most of my day in a "lets nerf the Texas" forum thread! best entertainment I've had all week to be honest!:)

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

My weekend spree resulted in my first 15-point captain, so that was nice (guess which navy/ship line and you win a cookie). Also ran into a certain kitsune in the co-ops, though the Sims it was driving got pasted pretty early on... :trollface:

Other than that, just more of the daily grind. Managed to finish all four weekend ARP missions, though only one of the four ships could use the prizes, funnily enough. :P

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

My weekend spree resulted in my first 15-point captain, so that was nice (guess which navy/ship line and you win a cookie). Also ran into a certain kitsune in the co-ops, though the Sims it was driving got pasted pretty early on... :trollface:

Other than that, just more of the daily grind. Managed to finish all four weekend ARP missions, though only one of the four ships could use the prizes, funnily enough. :P

Japanese Cruiser?

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

I went into a loosing streak, thought about my life, and realized that I should start working as a novelist. :(

Okay, the thinking about my life part came while I was trying to sleep after a day of working on the family's homestead, but that was my weekend.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

I turned into a masochist with what I thought was a 15% win rate, but finally progressed in the game after months of playing with spaceships and cities so I'm happy.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Busy weekend,   but played 10  won 7 across various tiers.

Had fun as always.

M

I turned into a masochist with what I thought was a 15% win rate, but finally progressed in the game after months of playing with spaceships and cities so I'm happy.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

Right nation, wrong line... :teethhappy:

Japanese DD then. What is my cookie?

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

A chocolate-chip cookie cake.

84e80c8fb8373c70f018dab9392c9cd0.jpg

My name isn't Kaleb .____.

Members
3,530 posts
14,291 battles

Ranked spree for me.  Finally shook off the rank 9 blues that plagued me for a few days.  Not really blues so much as a pull your hair out cancer.

Changed some tactics.  Dusted off the old ranked play book, and ignored everyone saying to lemming to one cap that most seem to insist on for some reason.  It worked, going from stuck at rank 9 to 10 for three days to going rank 10-4 to 6-0 Saturday and Sunday with around a 65-75% win rate.

Late Sunday checked out the premium shop and found Sims on sale.  Bought it, and played that a few rounds.  Did as well as I was doing with Mahan right out of the box, and I'll probably get better as I memorize what she will do.  I think shes stronger against the Blyska meta than Mahan, but thats only my initial observation in the duels I had with them. 

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Trying to get my WR to look less crappy. So, I'm focusing on the ships that I tend to do well. My ARP Myoko does 55 WR, and Molotov 65%. So by focus playing them, I hope to not only get better in general, but to bring up my WR.

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

Defeat after defeat, no matter what I do I still lose. I did 90k in a tier IV match and I still lost.......I almost don't want to play anymore.

I hear ya.

Just did 135K with 3 killed in a ranked match and we still got whipped.

Guess if you got potatoes.....they are bound to get mashed......:P

Beta Testers
176 posts
1,895 battles

On a related note, if I'm getting in the middle of the team in terms of XP does that mean that I'm doing okay? Last few games I've ended up sparring with other DDs for most of the game instead of plinking away at BBs and cruisers.