You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tank3rDude

Myoko 4th upgrade slot

10 comments in this topic

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

I finally got the wonderful ship that is the Myoko and am working on getting her the hull modules, but in the mean time am buying all the upgrades available. I know what I want for all the slots except the 4th one. With the recent changes to the upgrades in 5.7 I can't decide what would help more, the -20% to rudder shift time, or the -50% time to reach full power. I am thinking that the reaching full power twice as fast would really help keep your speed up when performing turns. I have noticed that when you make a turn the speed drops off significantly and is kind of sluggish to get back up to speed. So I am not sure adding even more rudder shift would be ideal, and that more "acceleration" as we will call it would be very helpful.

So I am going to call on all you experienced Myoko captains, which do you use and why?

Edited by Tank3rDude

Members
172 posts
2,415 battles

I use the 50% time to reaching full power because it also works for decelerating the ship which is very useful against torps and dodging BB shots

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Steering Gears Mod 1 is by far the best.  It takes her shift time down to 5.7 seconds which is quite ridiculous for such a large ship, and absolutely essential for dodging shells because of how large her turning circle and hull are.

Propulsion Mod 1 is only viable if you prefer to dodge via EXTREME ULTRA SUPER-LATE BRAKING instead of rudder inputs.  I don't know how that strategy fares now that it's been buffed, but in my experience using that method of evasion against gunfire is riskier than turning because you can turn 2 different ways to dodge shells while all you can do is slow down if you use throttle.  It's also less rewarding than using your rudder when under fire from multiple ships because you're delaying how long it takes to get away.   Myoko is quite responsive to throttle inputs as it is: even just combining the rudder and engine when dodging, without upgrades, can result in shots missing you by such large margins that you wonder if the enemy was even aiming at you.

Damage Control System Mod 2 is usually not worth it on anything except a BB that you can reliably close into brawling range with, because nobody's going to use HE on a ship they can just lolpen for a citadel or 10k+ damage.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Steering Gears. Always. IJN CA have the best rudder shift times of any CA in the game with those modules haha

~Hunter

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Steering gears on every ship I have so far. I haven't found a need for propulsion mod yet

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Well ok see I didn't realize that the Steering mod had such a good effect on the ship. THANK YOU ALL for your input. Now I just hope I can do the ship justice when playing her!

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

I'm the odd one out and took the DCSM 2. Though that's mostly because the captain doesn't have BoS.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

The steering gears mod hands down much better response time!

-Members-
1,117 posts
3,733 battles

Steering Gears Mod 1 is by far the best.  It takes her shift time down to 5.7 seconds which is quite ridiculous for such a large ship, and absolutely essential for dodging shells because of how large her turning circle and hull are.

Oh wow, thanks for the advice! 

Myoukouis already agile for her size. When I put this mod on she somehow feels like the lower tier light cruisers who can turn on a dime.

Edited by Mezurashi