You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ValkyrWarframe

Independence Day Events

Independence Day Sale  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Does it sound good?

• Yes
    • No
    • Have every nation!

71 comments in this topic

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Can we get a sale for Independence only? :trollface:

Just kidding, but in celebration of American patriotism, we should have a discount on all American ships on the weekend of July 1-4, including premium ships.  Does that sound nice?

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

I am down with that!! heck if they put the Indianapolis and Atlanta up for a 30-50% off sale I would probably buy both, already have the Texas.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

My wallet will be ready on the 1st thru 4th...mebbe that'll be when they put the 'Zona up for sale? :trollface:

​That is what I am thinking. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Crap, the thumbnail's got profanity in it so I have to hide it.  Well, consider yourself warned if you click the spoiler...?:hiding:

Why bother having a sale on the American ships when almost all of them save the DD line, PensacolaNew Orleans, and mid-tier BBs suck?  I say they should roll out an update to buff them instead!:izmena:

Edited by TenguBlade

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

ATLANTA SALE DESU? I WANT :izmena:

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

I completely forgot about the Arizona. Man I am going to be overloaded with American premium BB's. Not that it would be a bad thing. :trollface:

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

I completely forgot about the Arizona. Man I am going to be overloaded with American premium BB's. Not that it would be a bad thing. :trollface:

All I want is Atlanta :(

[WOLF9]
Members
4,680 posts

It'd be cool if AZ was available for that.  Otherwise, I have all the US ships I can get for now.   CO and Pensa are a LONG way from levelling up, and I already bought Nicholas last time, lol.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

It'd be cool if AZ was available for that.  Otherwise, I have all the US ships I can get for now.   CO and Pensa are a LONG way from levelling up, and I already bought Nicholas last time, lol.

That's funny. Those are the exact 3 ships I am grinding in the US tree too. 

Members
4,272 posts
5,302 battles

I need a USN ship...No really, looking at my port, its all IJN, the Warspite, and Kirov...If this gets out I might get deported, LOL...

• Cool 1

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Patriotism is stupid and irrational, and patriots should be mocked as such.

While "Patrotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel," one should also "Love your country always, and your government when it deserves it."

Both quotes are from one of the U.S.'s most (rightly) celebrated authors.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

While "Patrotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel," one should also "Love your country always, and your government when it deserves it."

Both quotes are from one of the U.S.'s most (rightly) celebrated authors.

A country is just a politically defined patch of dirt. There is no difference between a country and it's government.

If a government decides to change your countries borders, boom, different country.

Cultural boundaries are irrelevant, as cultures can, and do cross the political borders that form countries.

I don't care who spat out those quotes, fame does not make you intelligent or wise.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Also what is even the point of this poll? Posting it here is as biased as posting a "Do you think glorious Soviet navy is stronk enough?" poll on the RU forums.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Here we go again with issm's cynicism

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Call him cynical, but he has a point.

There's a time and place for everything, and here is the worst place possible for it. You don't just wander into your work office and spit out stuff like this, nor at parties. Independence Day is something for the people, just like how heroes exist for the people. It's a light a of hope for them to continue living on in life.
Edited by Personator

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

Independence day is celebrated as the day the colonies formed into the United States won their independence from the British mainland. It is celebrated as the day the United States became a country of it's own and to honor the people who fought and died to make it so. Kind of ironic that today the same 2 countires who fought so savagely(for the day) are 2 of the most powerful countries and are the head of Allied powers in the United Nations.

Edited by Tank3rDude