You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

Weekend VERNON Players

16 comments in this topic

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

Today has been disgusting. 9 games, 1 win, 7 times as the top score often beating the other teams scores. Had to get off and take a break.

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

It is truly sad how many people who play this game do not care about winning. They do not care about stats, winning, being one of causes for the team to lose....they just do not care period about anything related to being a better player. 

There is a XVM of sort in game now that is still kind of buggy but works. It is is amazing how many players i see with 43% and below win ratios and the rest of their stats are just as horrible. They are in every tier now. 

But, yes not much you can do about it in random. They will not stick with co-op sadly no matter how much they should. 

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

The Dunning-Kruger effect does seem to be particularly strong in games like this, on summer weekends especially. I understand the desire to have fun rather than worry about winning...if only folks would realize that they could have even more fun if they at least try to live longer. Ergo, the longer you live in-game, the more you learn, and the higher your stats get...which is also part of the fun. In short: it is fun to git gud.

However, sometimes it is in the interests of the Company to maintain a sort of Pavlovian response by "tweaking the circumstances" a bit here and there. This can have an impact on the fun.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

It is truly sad how many people who play this game do not care about winning. They do not care about stats, winning, being one of causes for the team to lose....they just do not care period about anything related to being a better player. 

There is a XVM of sort in game now that is still kind of buggy but works. It is is amazing how many players i see with 43% and below win ratios and the rest of their stats are just as horrible. They are in every tier now. 

But, yes not much you can do about it in random. They will not stick with co-op sadly no matter how much they should. 

I don't give a crap about how or why you play, quit sticking your nose into how or why I play.

Members
1,207 posts

I don't give a crap about how or why you play, quit sticking your nose into how or why I play.

He has the right to when you are part of a pvp team. If you do not want people to care about how or why you play then don't play the pvp part of the game where other players are effected by your actions. If you play co-op none will care.
Edited by SteelClaw

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

He has the right to when you are part of a pvp team. If you do not want people to care about how or why you play then don't play the pvp part of the game where other players are effected by your actions. If you play co-op none will care.

That's like, your opinion, man.

Come back when this is written down as a (completely unenforceable) rule.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Come back when this is written down as a (completely unenforceable) rule.

And to think, you used to be helpful.

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

You're not the dude, dude.

You're like Woo at best. Maybe The Jesus.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,136 posts
12,568 battles

Which is why I don't call out bad players. I just say I'm ashamed to have a potato team and move on. Baddies won't improve and aren't worth getting worked up about (yes, steamrolled teams are frustrating, but nature of competitive F2P game).

Here's a little advice: ignore them. If you're getting bent over them doing poorly, you're acting like a special snowflake. Nobody's gonna listen to a butthurt player ranting about his bad team.

Members
1,268 posts
8,382 battles

I admit I'm a very new and average player, but playing in co-op against computer AI opponents will only help a player develop their skills to a certain point. 

At some point, we new and average players have to venture into random battles to cut our teeth and get better.

There is going to be a learning curve, and it is different for each player.

Members
1,879 posts
7,191 battles

I admit I'm a very new and average player, but playing in co-op against computer AI opponents will only help a player develop their skills to a certain point. 

At some point, we new and average players have to venture into random battles to cut our teeth and get better.

There is going to be a learning curve, and it is different for each player.

I have no problem with someone just starting random and needs to learn. I can see by how many games played if they are learning or just bad. You seem to care about improving and that is good. The type of players i am talking about are ones who just do not care to improve or help the teams they are on and never will. 

• Cool 1