You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sepia

The more I play this game the more I lose interest...

72 comments in this topic

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

There are a lot of little things that I find frustrating about this game, for example:

1. The UI while in port is horribly slow for me. Every click costs me at least 10 seconds. I click on a ship, wait 10 seconds, click on exterior, wait 10 seconds, click to equip a flag, wait 10 seconds, click to switch game mode to ranked, wait 10 seconds. As the game begins I realize I wasnt patient enough and my click to equip the anti-detonation flag didnt go through.....

2. Smoke has to be the least interactive mechanic that I have ever seen. Click smoke and slow down. Am I still in the smoke? I dont know I cant see it unless I drive out of it. Detected in smoke by radar? I dont know. Drive out of the smoke, oh wait I was near the edge of the smoke so that probably doesnt count as being in it. Sit behind the smoke and fire since they dont have any DD left, DETECTED! WTH is detecting me, an invisible spotting plane? Yep a spotting plane appears out of nowhere within 4km then vanishes again. Still detected behind the smoke, wth is going on. Drive into the smoke and dont fire for 40 seconds, still detected. Drive out of the smoke look back and the smoke is still there, wth.  Man this game really doesnt like to give you feedback...

3. Ship balancing seems absurd to me.  Last I checked a Mahan is inferior to a Myoko in about every statistic. People [edited]about torp walls then why do cruisers fire just as many torps per cooldown as a DD. Why does a Myoko have better guns, armor, health, AA, and torpedo than a Mahan, Blys, Kiev, and Hatsu.  Does concealment really take that much sacrifice in order to balance out. I mean seriously a Myoko has the same top speed as a Mahan.  Everytime I see a Pensacola I think, is this person masochist? If you removed the torpedo from a Myoko it is still a better ship than a Pensacola. Now you add in worse firing arcs and wow, wthdoes the pensacola even exist in this game? Does the Pepsi need 16km detectability? Does the 4 more AA a Pepsi has counter the 41 points of torp a Myoko has?

When I first pondered this game and balance I thought realism has to go out the window or the game wouldnt be fun.  So I figured each ship would have its thing, its niche. Boy was I wrong.  I honestly believe a child could balance this game better. When creating a cruiser I wouldnt think oh, lets make the pensacola the slowest t7 cruiser with the worst detectability and giant easy to hit citadels because that cant go wrong. Seriously think about that. Slowest t7 cruiser with the worst t7 surface detection by like 2 km with one of the worst armor layouts and a giant citadel. hmmm. To compensate for this massive disadvantage we will reward the Pepsi with zero torpedo, 1 more point of artillery and 4 points of AA than a myoko. Brilliant. Oh and by the way the Pepsi HE and AP shells do less damage, reload slower, have a 3% less chance to cause fires, have less dps, have less burst per salvo, but we gave the pepsi a 63 artillery rating and the myoko a 62 artillery rating because... numbers

Edited by Sepia
  • Cool 3

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles
tumblr_o14s0jy_N3w1v5w8sco1_500.png
  • Cool 3

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

1. That may be a hardware issue check in on that

2. Get Situational Awareness for for captain you will then be able to tell if you are being spotted 

3. Its called classes, you need to learn Cruisers have stronger guns but they are larger and easier to hit than a DD thats why its in the same tier its Apples to Oranges

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,205 posts
15,770 battles

It is arcade and each ship does have something it does better than others. When/if WT brings out Naval Forces the Realistic & Simulator modes will try to be extremely detailed to the point of being unplayable/unenjoyable for all but the most hard core and the arcade mode will make this game look like a sim in comparison the same as with WoT & WoWP when compared to WT. Yet their fanboys will trumpet from the ramparts how good their game is, go figure.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

2. Get Situational Awareness for for captain you will then be able to tell if you are being spotted 

3. Its called classes, you need to learn Cruisers have stronger guns but they are larger and easier to hit than a DD thats why its in the same tier its Apples to Oranges

1. Everyone has that annoying port stutter/lag.

2. *Nods head*

3. *Nods head* Besides, you picked to go down the most un-fun Cruiser line xD

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

1. If you have to wait 10 seconds just to do anything in the main menu, you might want to consider getting a better PC - sounds like processing issues to me. 

2. You can get the smoke circles mod by the WG devs or from Aslain's modpack. It'll show you whether you're in the smoke or not.

3. Mahan is inferior to Myoko, but the Myoko has to expose it's broadside just to fire its torpedoes unlike the DDs. The Mahan is a knife fighter, and cruisers, while they are good DD hunters, are still very fragile to torps. Pensacola isn't bad if you know how to use it - much better AP than the Myoko, better gun arcs to fire all 10 vs the 45 degrees the Myoko has, and better AA.

Edited by Personator

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

1. Shouldnt be a hardware issue. I sit between 60 and 80 fps at 1440p. I would think my hardware is fine.

2. I have situational awareness. This is how I know that I was detected and not being blind fired upon. My point was that if you are inside smoke you should be able to see it and not have to guess.

3. Thats why I compared the Myoko with the Pepsi. Even within a ship type balance is completely out of whack. A pepsi basically does nothing better than a Myoko.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

3. Thats why I compared the Myoko with the Pepsi. Even within a ship type balance is completely out of whack. A pepsi basically does nothing better than a Myoko.

Each class of ship have their strengths and weakness. USN Cruisers have great AA, great AP, good reload, and good gun angles. The IJN have torpedoes, speed, and HE shells. The Kriegsmarine have good arcs, AP, and reload time. The VMF have everything else that the other cruisers want except armor.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

1. Shouldnt be a hardware issue. I sit between 60 and 80 fps at 1440p. I would think my hardware is fine.

2. I have situational awareness. This is how I know that I was detected and not being blind fired upon. My point was that if you are inside smoke you should be able to see it and not have to guess.

3.  Welcome to the USN cruiser line .  I gave up on it about 3 months ago .
  • Cool 1

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

1. If you have to wait 10 seconds just to do anything in the main menu, you might want to consider getting a better PC - sounds like processing issues to me. 

2. You can get the smoke circles mod by the WG devs or from Aslain's modpack. It'll show you whether you're in the smoke or not.

3. Mahan is inferior to Myoko, but the Myoko has to expose it's broadside just to fire its torpedoes unlike the DDs. The Mahan is a knife fighter, and cruisers, while they are good DD hunters, are still very fragile to torps. Pensacola isn't bad if you know how to use it - much better AP than the Myoko, better gun arcs to fire all 10 vs the 45 degrees the Myoko has, and better AA.

1. My pc is fine.

2. I dont use mods ever. WG should simply add this to the game.

3. You can pen an angled pepsi pretty easily. Hell a lot of ships can citadel a well angled pepsi. Ships that cant pen you frontally will just HE bomb you. So better angles really doesnt matter for the most part. I think player stats pretty much sum it up when a myoko averages better at everything other than aircraft destroyed. Kills to deaths  alone are 1.42 vs .98 which is a pretty huge difference. 

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

Here you go, it does wonders

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82122-smoke-boundary-mod0570created-by-wg/

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

3. I think player stats pretty much sum it up when a myoko averages better at everything other than aircraft destroyed. Kills to deaths  alone are 1.42 vs .98 which is a pretty huge difference. 

While that's true, I still like the Pensacola over the Myoko right now. I just laugh whenever a Myoko tries to torp or run away and I throw AP into their citadels for 10-20k as another cruiser. Pensacola has a smaller citadel, so it's better. And I found the Pensacola to actually have decent armor, so yes, angles do matter.
  • Cool 1

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

Each class of ship have their strengths and weakness. USN Cruisers have great AA, great AP, good reload, and good gun angles. The IJN have torpedoes, speed, and HE shells. The Kriegsmarine have good arcs, AP, and reload time. The VMF have everything else that the other cruisers want except armor.

Seriously man. 

AA  Torp    AP Damage   Reload

Myoko     42    41        4700              14s

Pepsi       46     0         4600              15s

So Myoko does 100 more damage a shot with AP and reloads faster but you are saying that USN cruisers have great AP and good reload, hmmm.  So that great AA being 4 points higher, hmmmm. Im lost...

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

wait... you have 1440 ping????

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

2. I dont use mods ever. WG should simply add this to the game.

They have plans to add it. Possible in 0.5.8

Link here

Translated

And if I play without mods (minimum mods) then I do not deserve to have this advantage?

Worthy. By this, we will soon introduce the mod into the game.

• Cool 1

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

They have plans to add it. Possible in 0.5.8

Link here

Translated

That would be a great addition to the game.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Seriously man. 

AA  Torp    AP Damage   Reload

Myoko     42    41        4700              14s

Pepsi       46     0         4600              15s

So Myoko does 100 more damage a shot with AP and reloads faster but you are saying that USN cruisers have great AP and good reload, hmmm.  So that great AA being 4 points higher, hmmmm. Im lost...

After the Pensacola, the USN beat the IJN in reload. And have you tried the Pensacola's AP? It's better than what the Myoko can do. Don't look at the damage, look at the penetration values. Myoko has trouble penetrating IJN BBs, whereas the Pensacola just shreds through it like butter on good dispersion.

Beta Testers
158 posts
11,848 battles

yeah basically the games a total POS compared to its former glory in CBT/OBT once again enough ppl cry ncry n this is what you end up with

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

After the Pensacola, the USN beat the IJN in reload. And have you tried the Pensacola's AP? It's better than what the Myoko can do. Don't look at the damage, look at the penetration values. Myoko has trouble penetrating IJN BBs, whereas the Pensacola just shreds through it like butter on good dispersion.

Yea 10km torps have trouble penetrating BB.  I would give you that having better penetration values is an advantage but that advantage is completely negated and then some by having great range decently fast torps. The myoko has greater range and faster torps than a mahan and blys which seems absurd to me. A mahan's only stat that exceeds a Myoko is concealment. WTH does a cruiser torp better than a DD. What is the Myoko sacrificing for those torps... nothing

When I think of balance I think...

Torp boats   =  good torp weak guns

Gun boats  =  good guns weak torps

JoAT           =  mediocre guns and mediocre torps

Now of course within a class you will have differences.  Torp boat A has better guns but worse torps than torp boat B.  What I dont want to see is Gun boat A has better torps and guns than Torp boat A. The myoko is one of the ships that has an overabundance of great options.  Now just look at cruisers. The Myoko at t7 has the best torpedo of all cruisers at this tier. So why does the myoko also have some of the best of every other stat?  If a ship has the best of one stat should it have the best or similar of other stats of its peers?   I would argue that the Pepsi should have superior guns. Not arguably superior. Not situationally superior. Superior guns. The Myoko doesnt have arguably superior torps...

Edited by Sepia

[ERN]
10,906 posts
4,896 battles

yeah basically the games a total POS compared to its former glory in CBT/OBT once again enough ppl cry ncry n this is what you end up with

Nah I disagree. It much better then CBT. Most noticeably is the game loading times(loading into battle and Port) and install speed

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

It is arcade and each ship does have something it does better than others. When/if WT brings out Naval Forces the Realistic & Simulator modes will try to be extremely detailed to the point of being unplayable/unenjoyable for all but the most hard core and the arcade mode will make this game look like a sim in comparison the same as with WoT & WoWP when compared to WT. Yet their fanboys will trumpet from the ramparts how good their game is, go figure.

To be fair, I think that the realistic battles for airforces is okay. I think it has the perfect balance of arcade(can fly in third person, HUD elements, target markers if in range, mouse aim, etc.) and simulator(no lead indicators, proper feeling flight models and physics(can't say for sure, I've never flown a plane or played a flight simulator hardcore), must land to re-arm, etc.).

I am curious as to what they're going to do with the naval portion of their game(though, based on the GF RB, I'll probably end up sticking to NF arcade mode). Though I'm starting to think that they won't be able to top what WG has in World of Warships. WoWs has a really good model going for them right now. Good balance of arcade mechanics while mixing in bits a pieces of realism to make it feel more authentic for the way it's set up to play.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

What is the Myoko sacrificing for those torps... nothing

I've seen enough Myoko players sacrifice themselves just to try and torp me in my BB, and to what end? All their torps miss, and I just sail on my way to continue destroying his team. Have fun trying to torp in the Myoko against smarter players who will wait for you to make that one wrong move and delete you doing so.

• Cool 1

Members
77 posts
5,419 battles

I've seen enough Myoko players sacrifice themselves just to try and torp me in my BB, and to what end? All their torps miss, and I just sail on my way to continue destroying his team. Have fun trying to torp in the Myoko against smarter players who will wait for you to make that one wrong move and delete you doing so.

What a bad argument man. You dont argue that the option is bad because of player skill. What kind of argument is that. Its like saying well that NFL team has a bad QB so they run 90% of the time so ALL teams should run 90% of the time. Torps are an option. Just like throwing the ball is an option. A player weighs his options and uses the one he/she feels appropriate for the situation.  You act as if having more options is a bad thing. If so no one should ever use torps.

Where a pepsi finds himself in close proximity to a bb, the pepsi has no real options for offense other than guns. A myoko has options.  Just launching torps can affect the outcome. All the torps might miss yet the act of launching those torps could have a positive impact on the fight. Simply turning to dodge torps could lead to a broadside hit. Simply turning to dodge torps can take guns off a target for several seconds. 

Edited by Sepia
  • Cool 1

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

What a bad argument man. You dont argue that the option is bad because of player skill. What kind of argument is that. Its like saying well that NFL team has a bad QB so they run 90% of the time so ALL teams should run 90% of the time. Torps are an option. Just like throwing the ball is an option. A player weighs his options and uses the one he/she feels appropriate for the situation.  You act as if having more options is a bad thing. If so no one should ever use torps.

Where a pepsi finds himself in close proximity to a bb, the pepsi has no real options for offense other than guns. A myoko has options.  

I could throw around your "option" argument against yours as well. A Myoko simply has more options than the Pensa, and that's that. If you like it, go take it.