Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AkiraKurai

Question about ranked

6 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
715 posts
22,181 battles

Why is it that the destroyers always seem to be on the top of the leaderboards for every defeat i have come across. it's almost impossible for any other ship to get "1st place" unless they seem to have captured a point themselves 

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Because ranked is made so whoever gets the most caps and kills the fastest is the most important, which is why not too many people do well in cruisers as well. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Its an objective based game. You get more when you actually play the objective.

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,973 posts
13,731 battles

I haven't seen a particular bias towards DD's in the leader boards,  if you have a team full of potatoes the DD might have been the first one in the cap, but where you end up is usually a result of how well you did your job.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,451 battles

Capping and resetting caps pays well in XP (PvP and Ranked - does not pay in Coop). That said, DDs who go to cap early die early too. It is a trade-off.

Usually they are not well supported. Sometimes they are, and if you are lucky, and have a competent CV driver in your team, he will scout the base ahead for you.

DDs who survive mid-battle, and are loose at the end can become very dangerous to BBs and CAs.

Edited by alexf24

Members
159 posts
8,829 battles

There was a similar topic earlier this morning.  Bottom line is the IJN DDs have a design advantage: stealth = more caps, and each torp hit is good for 11K damage. 

This doesn't imply the IJN DDs have an advantage in winning (my record speaks for that, or maybe my lack of skill), but they do have an advantage in finishing first on the losing side.

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/84983-ranked-battles-and-experience/

Sign in to follow this