You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
After__Effect

Extreme bug in this patch

29 comments in this topic

[DCMA]
Members
262 posts
8,028 battles

sry. I had to grab some attention in the general section.

basically, after 3 matches, your port's bottom section where you can choose your ship is FROZEN.

yes. FROZEN. and some other buttons are frozen too.

I really do not like to antagonize WG too much but this is where I say... "Unplayable"

I have to restart game every 3 matches.

how nice.

plz fix.

oh wait. now I have to reinstall my mods?

damn it.

Thx WG

Edited by Solid_S6

Beta Testers
282 posts
4,998 battles

This is not unique to this patch, its been going on since beta when I first tried the game. 

[DCMA]
Members
262 posts
8,028 battles

This is not unique to this patch, its been going on since beta when I first tried the game. 

bump.

until some WG guy sees this, I will bump the thread.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

just had my game lock up when i switched ports...

had to completely turn my comp off

highly annoying

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Yea, this one is not Unique to this patch, it's been around a while.  Not to the severity you are having though,  mine only happens once in a blue moon.

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,632 battles

Try going to your tech tree, switching nations a couple times, than go back and see if you can switch ships. I have had it happen a few times and this will usually work. Still not sure exactly what causes it.

Edited by Tank3rDude

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,929 posts
23,637 battles

One thing I've noticed is this seems to happen the most, if not all the time, when I have the Modules tab selected and am going through my ships.  Switching back to Port has so far cleared it up every time it's happened, even if it means I have to scroll all the way back to the ship I was trying to look at. :sceptic:  Yes, I know I can use the filter, but I'm too used to just scrolling to what ship I wish to look at/use. :P

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

This is not a new issue, it's been around since OBT. The workaround is to click 5-10 times on things that are still clickable, e.g. commander or missions or game mode selector. This tends to unfreeze the ship carousel. I haven't had to restart the game due to this issue except once.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,205 posts
15,770 battles

Try playing with no mods for awhile to see if it still happens. Then if it doesn't start reinstalling the mods one at a time.

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

I had all of the above and then stripped down the latest Aslain mod until it was almost vanilla and... problem solved.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I had all of the above and then stripped down the latest Aslain mod until it was almost vanilla and... problem solved.

I'm not using mods so I'm assuming the root cause isn't mod-related.

[DCMA]
Members
262 posts
8,028 battles

This is not a new issue, it's been around since OBT. The workaround is to click 5-10 times on things that are still clickable, e.g. commander or missions or game mode selector. This tends to unfreeze the ship carousel. I haven't had to restart the game due to this issue except once.

I've had that too. but that was when I can just click on ships like 5 times and it unfreezes.

but this time its not to do that. its worse

and another bump

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I have not been experiencing this, so it's clearly not a universal bug.

I even run mods without trouble, including a port/interface mod called Kancolle Enchant Rebirth. You'd think an interface mod would be more likely to break than the vanilla interface.

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,104 battles

Not running any mods, never had this problem.

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles

bump.

until some WG guy sees this, I will bump the thread.

If it has been around as long as has been said - a WG 'guy' has already seen it.  Not sure how you will know when a WG guy will see it. 

Parusing the thread and this one ( http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/84962-wg-you-have-made-your-ui-consecutively-worse-for-the-last-3-patches/) - it is fairly rare.  Certainly not 'extreme'...

Edited by CylonRed

Members
1,268 posts
8,387 battles

sry. I had to grab some attention in the general section.

basically, after 3 matches, your port's bottom section where you can choose your ship is FROZEN.

yes. FROZEN. and some other buttons are frozen too.

I really do not like to antagonize WG too much but this is where I say... "Unplayable"

I have to restart game every 3 matches.

how nice.

plz fix.

oh wait. now I have to reinstall my mods?

damn it.

Thx WG

Have you sent in a support ticket asking for help?

And it is not WG's responsibility to make sure mods work with WoWs. That is the responsibility of the authors and users of said mods.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,667 battles

Yup, just start scrolling and clicking around on things. You will eventually get it unstuck.

[FAILD]
Members
91 posts
7,536 battles

Yup, just start scrolling and clicking around on things. You will eventually get it unstuck.

it just started sat never happen before even in the pt server

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Try going to your tech tree, switching nations a couple times, than go back and see if you can switch ships. I have had it happen a few times and this will usually work. Still not sure exactly what causes it.

this is what I do when that happens.

alternatively, you can just click on the ship you want to play from the tech tree. (Assuming it's not an unlisted premium, in which case you are out of luck)

Edited by MrDeaf

[FAILD]
Members
91 posts
7,536 battles

guys I put ina ticket andi got this

We would like you to remove your game preferences file and reset your World Of Warships settings back to default.

To perform this, please perform the following:

1. Navigate to C:\Games\World_of_Warships
  2. Delete the file named 'Preferences'

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

guys I put ina ticket andi got this

We would like you to remove your game preferences file and reset your World Of Warships settings back to default.

To perform this, please perform the following:

1. Navigate to C:\Games\World_of_Warships
  2. Delete the file named 'Preferences'

Most likely it's the WoWs equivalent of "turn it off and on again" :)