Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna

USS Texas BB-35 in ranked T-5/6 play

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
633 posts
4,854 battles

so I've finally taken the plunge into the salt filled waters of Ranked play and have had some decent success with the new mexico, this is great and all but i dont really care to play the new mex every single match. its between her or the fuso or the arp haruna....  now, ive had the Texas since the day she came out, and love the ship. and love the dispersion (lack of) on her guns compared to the shotgun spray of the new mex.

my question is, 

Is the USS Texas a viable boat for internet pixel boats in ranked with the current lack of CV's?

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I would be very angry if you brought that piece of crap into a ranked Battle.  Go with NM or Kongo for a ranked battle.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

so I've finally taken the plunge into the salt filled waters of Ranked play and have had some decent success with the new mexico, this is great and all but i dont really care to play the new mex every single match. its between her or the fuso or the arp haruna....  now, ive had the Texas since the day she came out, and love the ship. and love the dispersion (lack of) on her guns compared to the shotgun spray of the new mex.

my question is, 

Is the USS Texas a viable boat for internet pixel boats in ranked with the current lack of CV's?

IF you feel you can do well in the ship, then go for it. Don't let other people tell you how to play the game. They want to get bent because of your choice of ship then let them get bent. 

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

I would be very angry if you brought that piece of crap into a ranked Battle.  Go with NM or Kongo for a ranked battle.

You have a right to your opinion and I respect that, but he is allowed to take whatever ship he wants. 

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,706 battles

You have a right to your opinion and I respect that, but he is allowed to take whatever ship he wants. 

Then he'd better put on his asbestos undies to deal with the constant flames he'll get for bringing the Texas to Ranked.

The rules may say that he can bring a knife to a gunfight, but that doesn't mean that he's free from the consequences of doing so.  And that involves occasionally taking (excrement) from team mates.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Then he'd better put on his asbestos undies to deal with the constant flames he'll get for bringing the Texas to Ranked.

The rules may say that he can bring a knife to a gunfight, but that doesn't mean that he's free from the consequences of doing so.  And that involves occasionally taking (excrement) from team mates.

Heck, now I want to bring a Texas to ranked....just to see the reaction....:teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
633 posts
4,854 battles

my damage output in my Texas is higher on average by 16k than my new mex, and i love the way her guns handle in comparison to the new mex. 

that said, i am looking to see what the general rule of thumb on her is because i have yet to see her in a match with me.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

That goes for any ship. :D

[JTFS]
Beta Testers
444 posts
3,105 battles

Any other game mode i would say leave the poor gent alone. But were talking about "ranked" you know the mode where boys become men by rising up the digital epeen train until the number next to their name says as close to 1 or 1 as possible. In this mode if you're not bringing the meta you're doing it wrong and hurting your teams chances to win. if the meta says Kongos and New Mexicos well then tbh if you're bringing anything subpar you're entitled to the vocal whooping you're bringing upon yourself.

Beta Testers
63 posts
5,393 battles

I've brought mine a couple times and did good but had a Nuremberg with me. Had another like crrucis said you will burn like a mo fo!!! Just like Warspite.  But I've you do well bring it. I like the NM alot but I play the Warspite best, for me and I've got 2 krakens in ranked. But usually I am Burt like an MF at the end or full of torpedo holes.

Side note, just my opinion but I am a way better player overall than last 2 seasons. But the matching is F'n horrible 8/10 times this season. I did a test. For 5 days. I went 75 games started a rnk 16 and just now got to 2 stars at rank 14. I went 21 wins 54 losses and in those 62 games I was top 3 and 24 was #1. In 3 of those days I went 0-12, 1-15, 10-32. It wasn't even like that when I was rank 8 and 10 and using a York against Tirp, sims,tashk and NC's. That is [edited]. I know it is my opinion. But ranked is not as fun or enjoyble win or lose like it used to be. Alot of games now are complete wipes of one side where before. You would get alot of 3 v2 2v1 at the ends and good play all around.

Edited by Charge4_HEquick

Sign in to follow this