You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RockaholicRaven

WG you have made your UI consecutively worse for the last 3 patches

29 comments in this topic

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Please for the love of christ fix the port freezes. The awesome new i dont get a aiming reticle this game and instead i get the game timer frozen in huge font in the middle of my screen, with the only known way to fix it is to turn the game completely off and back on again. FPS bug has been around since cbt still not fixed. New rubber banding issues that i know for a fact, not just i have been experiencing. 2 thumbs up for the infestation of new bugs that come with every one of your patches with no fixes to them in sight. 

Update ive had to restart my game 6 times in the last 8 games due to. Every single clickable icon such as return to port/ready/?icon to check previous games/ship select icons becoming 100% frozen/unresponsive. as well as chat box becoming completely unresponsive. 

Second update its official my port and all clickable icons now freeze after every single game

Edited by RockaholicRaven
  • Cool 4

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I am curious, and have to ask....
If it was a bug on WG side and it was that serious, would not everyone have these issues???
I only ask that because I have not had a single issue since I started playing this game since it opened, and I play on a lap top, half baked potato......
so......just wondering... everyone always screams at WG for something that I would assume is a something everyone would have a issue with if it is a server issue and not a user issue...

:hmm:

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 4

Members
645 posts
2,685 battles

Misleading title fyi. Freezes are not problems with the UI. When you say they made the UI worse, that would mean you think they've made the UI more confusing, cumbersome, ugly, or awkward to use when IS working.

• Cool 2

[HOTH]
Beta Testers
337 posts
6,812 battles

If it was a bug on WG side and it was that serious, would not everyone have these issues???

I only ask that because I have not had a single issue since I started playing this game since it opened, and I play on a lap top, half baked potato......

so......just wondering... everyone always screams at WG for something that I would assume is a something everyone would have a issue with if it is a server issue and not a user issue...

Agreed, I have no issues at all, and if it was a major bug in the game I would say the forums would be flooded with complaints.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

Agreed, I have no issues at all, and if it was a major bug in the game I would say the forums would be flooded with complaints.

well, to be honest, the forums are COMPLETELY flooded with complaints.... just not 100% legit ones...

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,189 battles

I haven't personally experienced an issue with the UI glitch. I do acknowledge that there is one, but it's not the port freezing that you've described. My friend has experienced it once in 50+ games so it is definitely not as widespread as you're making it sound. As for them making the actual UI worse, no, they have made it immensely better overall.

• Cool 2

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

Please for the love of christ fix the port freezes. The awesome new i dont get a aiming reticle this game and instead i get the game timer frozen in huge font in the middle of my screen, with the only known way to fix it is to turn the game completely off and back on again. FPS bug has been around since cbt still not fixed. New rubber banding issues that i know for a fact, not just i have been experiencing. 2 thumbs up for the infestation of new bugs that come with every one of your patches with no fixes to them in sight. 

Update ive had to restart my game 6 times in the last 8 games due to. Every single clickable icon such as return to port/ready/?icon to check previous games/ship select icons becoming 100% frozen/unresponsive. as well as chat box becoming completely unresponsive. 

Second update its official my port and all clickable icons now freeze after every single game

Are you using the latest Aslain mod? If so I had the exact same problems and went back to remove many items in his mod until the game once again ran properly.
  • Cool 2

[COMRD]
Members
354 posts
5,691 battles

My complaint is with updates in general. Can we settle on one and let it ride for a few months instead of constantly reloading new ones.

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

No problems with updates 10 mins and start playing. It seems the mod players have all the problems. And WG said they will continually change the program to block mods!!!:look:

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

No problems with updates 10 mins and start playing. It seems the mod players have all the problems. And WG said they will continually change the program to block mods!!!:look:

Well they are on the outs with Aslain it seems which is really too bad as I just love his mods. I hope they sort it out.

Members
6,889 posts
14,881 battles

Misleading title fyi. Freezes are not problems with the UI. When you say they made the UI worse, that would mean you think they've made the UI more confusing, cumbersome, ugly, or awkward to use when IS working.

The above..... 10000000% true.

Beta Testers
2,589 posts
8,799 battles

So it's not just me. Hm... 

The port stutter needs to be fixed badly. I'm not running on a potato, and it's really rather annoying. Click something.. Wait.. Wait.. Wait... Wait.. Smash mouse button OH HEY IT WORKED NOW! 

Edited by Show_Me_Your_Cits

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

This a problem with Aslain's modpack. Crosshair disappears, detailed report is bugged, UI not updating, can't click on any ships in port after a game, etc. I had none of these issues with the vanilla client.

Members
1,515 posts
8,453 battles

I have been getting the port freezing, especially a lot yesterday.  Also team mates and enemy ships rubber banding/stuttering abruptly.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Not having most of these issues either, but during the 5.5? release debacle, I didn't have any issues either, but lots of players did. Seems it's possible for WG to only mess up certain computers....:)

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

This a problem with Aslain's modpack. Crosshair disappears, detailed report is bugged, UI not updating, can't click on any ships in port after a game, etc. I had none of these issues with the vanilla client.

Same here .

Beta Testers
282 posts
4,998 battles

I've had the problems with the garage freezing up for as long as I can remember. If you wait 20-30 seconds it will eventually start refreshing again. I don't run mods. 

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Yeah, but the problem is very weird. I disabled everything except smoke circles and trap sense mods just to test it, funny part is that the issue persists with either one of those enabled. I.e. just smoke / no trap sense causes it to happen as well as just trap sense / no smoke. It's also kind of intermittent - sometimes happens on the first match, sometimes on the 3rd, etc.

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Not having an aiming recticle is definitely part of the UI

[WAP]
Beta Testers
797 posts
10,513 battles

Are you using the latest Aslain mod? If so I had the exact same problems and went back to remove many items in his mod until the game once again ran properly.

Running vanilla

Beta Testers
91 posts
1,337 battles

I've been running Aslain's mods for a while with no issues. I've also had almost no issues with the game since CBT - 1-2 crashes, 1-2 disconnects. Nothing recently. As always:

- Wait a couple days before installing Aslains and/or update the mod pack, and read the preview page where the mod list is displayed - some mods may/do conflict

- Have a look through the forums on Aslain's site - people often report mods that don't work/conflict/do bad things

- Update graphics card drivers

- Reinstall game if nothing else works (some people do report issues after a patch which require a reinstall)

From what I've read, this patch seems to have caused more issues with mods than normal, and with Aslain banned for a week, it isn't like he can test them ... :|

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

I am running Win 10 16mg ram, a Nvidia 970. Verizon Fios 150 mps. The game runs perfect the UI perfect, and in over 1500 games got disconnected maybe 5 times. So how can it be the game. There has to be a setting,or a anti-virus, or a connection issue causing your problem. I have been in IT for 40 years and have found many times programs caused buy the operating system configuration. It sucks but you have to check step by step of want is causing this. Also it is very important drivers are up to date including Bio's and motherboard updates. Windows is touchy that way. It could even be another game with shared files causing some conflict...

Beta Testers
282 posts
4,998 battles

I am running Win 10 16mg ram, a Nvidia 970. Verizon Fios 150 mps. The game runs perfect the UI perfect, and in over 1500 games got disconnected maybe 5 times. So how can it be the game. There has to be a setting,or a anti-virus, or a connection issue causing your problem. I have been in IT for 40 years and have found many times programs caused buy the operating system configuration. It sucks but you have to check step by step of want is causing this. Also it is very important drivers are up to date including Bio's and motherboard updates. Windows is touchy that way. It could even be another game with shared files causing some conflict...

^Here comes the IT guy thats been in the business since 1917 with 16 milligrams of ram telling you its your puter's fault. Always one in every one of these threads. 
  • Cool 1