You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
atPrick__

Any Ships Earn A Permanent Spot in Your Port Through Ranked?

23 comments in this topic

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I will not be selling Colorado after Season 4, ship is great and has been pretty great in Randoms so far.

You all have any experiences like this, unexpected gems found through Ranked?

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Nope~

Beta Testers
85 posts
1,088 battles

I would say my Zuiho, Ryujo, and Hiryu - but I was going to keep them all anyway :3

Ryujo especially though, I was absolutely dominant in ranked battles with that little beastie.

Hiryu a little less so, but that's mostly because the Ranger actually has both a decent strike loadout and retains acceptable strike capability in it's default AS loadout, so I see them constantly and that really hurts my ability to kill things. I have, however, still had my so far all-time best match in WoWS in the Hiryu at 152k damage and that's really spurred me on with her.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

For this ranked? Nurnberg. Season 3? It was Mogami. She just performed well in Season 3.

As for this season? Pretty much no ship, Nurnberg and Nagato already had a perma spot in my port :D

~Hunter

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

For this ranked? Nurnberg. Season 3? It was Mogami. She just performed well in Season 3.

As for this season? Pretty much no ship, Nurnberg and Nagato already had a perma spot in my port :D

~Hunter

Mogami pre AFT nerf was something special in Season 2

4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Nope and will sell the Mahan ( I only got her for Ranked ) as the only tier 7 I really want in my port is my Atlanta .

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Mogami pre AFT nerf was something special in Season 2

I never had her with AFT, but I did have her with EM. GIVE ME MY EM BACK!! :izmena:

I'll have Kirov for the next Ranked Season.

~Hunter

Beta Testers
6,868 posts
4,189 battles

Molotov is love, Molotov is life. 

Not that I was going to sell it before ranked, but still.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

~Hunter

for me, my ARP Myoko suddenly became useful

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

for me, my ARP Myoko suddenly became useful

Myoko seems to be the most consistently effective Cruiser, if only for the low profile. The monster HE blasts don't hurt either but she seems to at least have some ability to not have to hide behind islands and be able to work...

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Myoko seems to be the most consistently effective Cruiser, if only for the low profile. The monster HE blasts don't hurt either but she seems to at least have some ability to not have to hide behind islands and be able to work...

my full CE torp build Hatsu doesn't do too bad either but a lot of games, I am having to go wide to keep getting at BB sides once the caps have been claimed

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

my full CE torp build Hatsu doesn't do too bad either but a lot of games, I am having to go wide to keep getting at BB sides once the caps have been claimed

if I had more time I would give Hatsu a try, the lack of CVs at least where I am seems conducive to her. Trying to run away and out maneuver gun boats DDs would get frustrating to me I think though.

I would like to use Fubuki in a ranked environment, her set up as a gun boat/CE would be fun I bet.

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

if I had more time I would give Hatsu a try, the lack of CVs at least where I am seems conducive to her. Trying to run away and out maneuver gun boats DDs would get frustrating to me I think though.

I would like to use Fubuki in a ranked environment, her set up as a gun boat/CE would be fun I bet.

I'm sad I missed out on using Fubuki for the last ranked season. Hoping they put tier 8 back in Season 5. Also sad I don't have Kiev for the current season (really should stop putting off that grind because of Ognevoi standing in my way.)

~Hunter

[FURIA]
WoWS Community Contributors
2,228 posts
7,192 battles

I did the russian line till Budyonny just to have a ship for ranked. Now im searching for a tier 7 just as lovely

Members
1,726 posts
15,013 battles

I'd kept the Colorado ready to go since season 1 for this very day. But had since switched to the DDs and the Blys now that Tier 7 Ranked is finally back. So I guess the CO goes after this season once I have the dubs to re-situate all my captains and port slots? I suppose I might buy a Midway and kick him up to that. Or a Montana if I decide to go with the Hak instead? So many decisions.

The Benson and that captain is permanent though, and the Blys will be too.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,036 battles

ARP myoko, not because of ranked, I literally can't sell it. :B

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

All my premiums. Outside that Nicholas, Hipper, Mogami(once I rebut her) and will rebuy Cleveland for Memory sake.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

ARP myoko, not because of ranked, I literally can't sell it. :B

every port needs a garish mind numbingly pink ship

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

so, had a rough day in the BBs and dropped some coin on re-specing a Commander for Hatsu, also purchasing:sceptic: it.

Wow...

If there is no CV in the match the ship is really, rerally good.

i should have done this two weeks ago...