Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VTAdmiral

Kiyoshimo's Final Remodel

33 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

dc9tF9o.png

How am I looking? Am I cool? Strong?

So this is my first Tier 10.

Rolled it out a couple times today to feel the waters. Tier 10 has a lot more childish bickering and a lot less teamwork and coordination than I expected from my grinding-up experiences.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo

0 posts

Very nice job on getting your very first tier 10, the Yamato is a extremely powerful Warship in the right hands, I hope you learn her well, and enjoy using her in battle~! :honoring:

[SYN]
Supertester
301 posts
26,965 battles

Perfect form XD

Tier 10 gameplay is rather very different compared to even T8. I get nervous every time I sail in my Yamato.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Congratz!

1st was Yamato, 2nd was Zao and I am working on Moskva(3rd) and Khabarovsk(4th) next.

[BANG_]
Beta Testers
493 posts
6,854 battles

Congrats there Kiyoshimo , we know you really want Mushashi but her older sister is a decent substitute :) 

[CRAYN]
Beta Testers
2,085 posts
4,674 battles

I'll never get to T10 at the rate I unlock stuff lol.

Don't really feel like getting Yamato first anyways. I'm thinking of either Gearing or Montana. Or Des Moines for the dakka.

Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I figure Musashi would make an excellent Tier 9 premium if she's done up in the sisters' initial launch configuration. Also, the Warspite has the same turret rotation speed, so I look at her as good training for a future Yamato of my own. ;)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I'll never get to T10 at the rate I unlock stuff lol.

Don't really feel like getting Yamato first anyways. I'm thinking of either Gearing or Montana. Or Des Moines for the dakka.

play what you like, it'll come eventually 

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Kiyoshimo is just dreaming.  Kiyoshima is still a DD.

:(

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

dc9tF9o.png

How am I looking? Am I cool? Strong?

So this is my first Tier 10.

Rolled it out a couple times today to feel the waters. Tier 10 has a lot more childish bickering and a lot less teamwork and coordination than I expected from my grinding-up experiences.

Nice getting your Yamato. I shall be joining you up there eventually. Considering on kitting out mine for Brawling, gonna do all the practice in Izumo anyways XD

~Hunter

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I figure Musashi would make an excellent Tier 9 premium if she's done up in the sisters' initial launch configuration. Also, the Warspite has the same turret rotation speed, so I look at her as good training for a future Yamato of my own. ;)

The "initial launch" configuration just a Yamato with less AA lol. No way on earth 18.1" guns are going anywhere lower than tier 10.
Edited by goldeagle1123

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

The "initial launch" configuration just a Yamato with less AA lol. No way on earth 18.1" gun are going anywhere lower than tier 10.

Initial launch configuration also had more 15.5cm triple secondaries. Our in-game Yamato is final refit config which removed those for more 12.7cm DP guns. Musashi still had those extra 15.5s. If you thought Yamato's secondaries were nasty...

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

XD Musashi at tier IX?

LOLOLOL

no to the lolpen

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Initial launch configuration also had more 15.5cm triple secondaries. Our in-game Yamato is final refit config which removed those for more 12.7cm DP guns. Musashi still had those extra 15.5s. If you thought Yamato's secondaries were nasty...

I think Musashi would make an excellent first tier X reward ship though, only attainable through owning a T10 and completing some really hard ops, naturally.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I think Musashi would make an excellent first tier X reward ship though, only attainable through owning a T10 and completing some really hard ops, naturally.

She'll probably cap the second IJN battleship line.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

She'll probably cap the second IJN battleship line.

That wouldn't be a very exciting line, it'd just be all sister ships, though I would be very interested in seeing a T9 that isn't the Izumo, really not looking forward to that ship...

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

That wouldn't be a very exciting line, it'd just be all sister ships, though I would be very interested in seeing a T9 that isn't the Izumo, really not looking forward to that ship...

It'll be more standards like Tosa and Ise. there's just nothing better than a differently configured Yamato for the tier 10, which would be significantly different from the existing one. Same guns, vastly different secondary arrangement, poorer anti-air.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

It'll be more standards like Tosa and Ise. there's just nothing better than a differently configured Yamato for the tier 10, which would be significantly different from the existing one. Same guns, vastly different secondary arrangement, poorer anti-air.

Because having worse AA is something every IJN captain wants, lol.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

Because having worse AA is something every IJN captain wants, lol.

Well they have to be bad at something.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Well they have to be bad at something.

I know, i'm just saying their AA is already pretty pitiful, and a line with worse AA? Doesn't sound super enjoyable.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I know, i'm just saying their AA is already pretty pitiful, and a line with worse AA? Doesn't sound super enjoyable.

If you compare their AA ratings to other ships, they're actually pretty average, despite everyone saying they're bad at it. It's weird.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

If you compare their AA ratings to other ships, they're actually pretty average, despite everyone saying they're bad at it. It's weird.

I look at it differently, most other nations just also have bad AA. USN is the only nation that consistently has good AA, KM has a few ships that can hold their own against planes, Nurnberg with C hull and the Hindenberg. But all the other nations, if a same tier CV dumps its entire strike force on you, you're lucky to shoot down 4-5 planes, unless you're a cruiser with DF. With USN, you're talking four to five times that.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

I look at it differently, most other nations just also have bad AA. USN is the only nation that consistently has good AA, KM has a few ships that can hold their own against planes, Nurnberg with C hull and the Hindenberg. But all the other nations, if a same tier CV dumps its entire strike force on you, you're lucky to shoot down 4-5 planes, unless you're a cruiser with DF. With USN, you're talking four to five times that.

USN cruisers in particular are rated the same as their contemporaries, actually. It's kinda sad until Des Moines has an actual advantage on them in the AA department.

In some cases like New Orleans and Baltimore, the RU cruisers even surpass them in AA.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this