You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
battletested_2015

Stupid Question

12 comments in this topic

Members
5,450 posts
21,049 battles

As I have never played any CV, I can only comment on the Hatsuharu. She is a good ship and an improvement over the Mutsuky. Once I got the hang of her play style I did ok in her. But the Hatsu is only another stepping stone in the IJN destroyer path. You need to get the Fubuki as fast as you can because that is a destroyer to be proud of. 

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Just ask yourself which you like more. But I guarantee that CVs will be pretty painful until the Taiho & Hakuryu.

Beta Testers
11 posts
878 battles

Just ask yourself which you like more. But I guarantee that CVs will be pretty painful until the Taiho & Hakuryu.

That's just the problem, I like both branches pretty much the same.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

I'm a much better DD driver than a CV driver, but I have to admit that I am liking the Hiryu a lot more than I did the Hatsuharu.   Of course you have to get through the Hatsu to get to the good IJN DD's.  Basically, they are both IIV's and IIV seems to be a tier of "meh" for the most part.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
11 posts
878 battles

I'm a much better DD driver than a CV driver, but I have to admit that I am liking the Hiryu a lot more than I did the Hatsuharu.   Of course you have to get through the Hatsu to get to the good IJN DD's.  Basically, they are both IIV's and IIV seems to be a tier of "meh" for the most part.

Good to know, thanks for the feedback :)
  • Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

you'd be better off getting the DD, CVs aren't so hot right not due to all the nerfs they've recieved!:amazed:

Beta Testers
11 posts
878 battles

you'd be better off getting the DD, CVs aren't so hot right not due to all the nerfs they've recieved!:amazed:

True but I think WG will buff them... eventually :sceptic:

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,947 battles

My suggestion is to get Fubuki, because the IJN destroyer line basically ends there now.

Wait on going further up the CV line until WG stops freaking nerfing them every patch so that only super good players can even use them.

So that's a vote for Hatsuharu, who is basically a slightly beefier Mutsuki.

Fubuki is like a slower, heavier-hitting Minekaze with three triple launchers, and torpedoes that do 20k+ per hit.

Edited by Destroyer_Kiyoshimo