Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Enchalata

Is it me, or did tier 8 - 10 repair costs go back up?!

6 comments in this topic

[HURTU]
Members
54 posts
19,220 battles

Seems awfully quiet, and i know it was a test run, but I haven't seen any word on it......

Edit:

I'll just add that my Montana costs seem higher, but it could be me not paying attention earlier!

Edited by Enchalata

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,087 posts
30,863 battles

Well, it was just that.  Temporary. First time they were collecting data on that, then they did it again briefly.  And that's about it.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

I've got 50 million and no ship purchases in the immediate future. I'll do fine with repair costs.

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

Found and translated by Carnotzet

JamesWhite (Wargaming Community Manager RU) also said in a radio programme on Wargaming FM that they will increase the reduction on repair costs until the end of July on the Russian cluster. Tier 7-9 ships repair costs will be reduced by 25% and for tier 10 ships, it will be 40%. They are doing this so that even players with standard accounts can play at those tiers and earn some credits even if they aren't the most skilled players.

So far, the experiment (reduced repair costs) has been positive and they saw a 11-12% increase in players playing at high tier. All in all, the experiment was successful and that is why they are expanding it to other tiers and increasing the reduction.

From the RU info thread.Looks like it is still being looked at on the Russian server.Haven't seen anything about it being tested/implemented on the other servers yet.

They still seem to be trying to add/tweak maps and mucking around with other stuff to try and get people to play more high tier.This was also in the RU thread:

• Chance of getting Standard mode was lowered at tier 9-10 because they considered matches lasted too long. According to their research, the ideal time for a battle is 14-15 min. At the same time, 28% of standard battles ended because of the time limit (20min). Players played much too defensively in their opinion, which impacted negatively on the game dynamic and most players' fun.

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

Last thing I saw from NikoPower, was that it was staying for now, until they say otherwise.   Haven't seen them say otherwise yet, but that doesn't mean it didn't change with the last patch.  Will have to break out one of my X's later and check.

[HURTU]
Members
54 posts
19,220 battles

From the RU info thread.Looks like it is still being looked at on the Russian server.Haven't seen anything about it being tested/implemented on the other servers yet.

They still seem to be trying to add/tweak maps and mucking around with other stuff to try and get people to play more high tier.This was also in the RU thread:

Thanks for digging that up BanditSE1977  !!

And thanks to everyone else for the responses =)

Sign in to follow this