You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HuntleySnypes

What is the point count for a standard match?

12 comments in this topic

Members
29 posts
3,308 battles

I was playing a standard battle and lost the match.  I was checking the replay and the other team didnt cap, time was still healthy, and we still had two ships left.  I never thought about points like in a domination match.  I cant find the point max for standard battles anywhere.  I know that domination mode is 1000.  Can someone answer this for me?  

[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,765 battles

You win when your cap point reached 1000 OR enemy team's cap point reached 0

Edited by leehwongxing
  • Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yep, 1k points. Likely that the enemy's points didn't reach 0 either if they only had two ships left. Can we see this replay?

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

I was playing a standard battle and lost the match.  I was checking the replay and the other team didnt cap, time was still healthy, and we still had two ships left.  I never thought about points like in a domination match.  I cant find the point max for standard battles anywhere.  I know that domination mode is 1000.  Can someone answer this for me?  

If the other team didn't cap out, your team had only 2 ships left, and time was "healthy", then it sounds like the battle ended early because your team's point count went below zero, which can happen in a massacre.  In Standard mode, I don't think that it's really possible for the point count to reach 1000 without capping out.  The point count is mostly only there as the tie breaker in case neither team caps out and the clock runs out, because early on there were FAR too many draws in Standard mode before the addition of domination points to the mode.

[PVE]
Members
254 posts
11,493 battles

...it sounds like the battle ended early because your team's point count went below zero...

Crucis is correct.

25 points on the board when Karlshruhe torpedoes the AFK Wyoming, which flooded out.

J8WunHJ.jpg

gT6AnKT.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
29 posts
3,308 battles

Ok thanks guys for answering that.  Never had that happen before in a match and was going crazy over why the match ended with two ships left to fight on.  Guess I'm going to have to pay more attention to the score.

Edited by SgtFuzzynuts

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Yeah, it takes an especially potato team to run out of points, but that's exactly what your team did. 

[CNO]
Members
7,450 posts
23,087 battles

Another reason to play close attention to the score is when your team is on the verge of winning in domination mode and someone (or even the whole team) decides to yolo and start getting killed.  Each time a ship gets killed you lose points and the enemy gains points.  I have seen games where we were 980 something (and time on cap to win easily) and the enemy was 600 something.  My team drives toward the enemy like lemmings, and I watch as we die one by one.  Cap points tick up toward 1000...die...points drops.  Cap points tick up toward 1000 again...die...points drops.  This happens about four times; we lose points and the enemy gains points.  And that cap point that would have have easily ticked us to 1000 a few minutes ago...is now being capped by the enemy.  Instead of wining 1000 to 600 something several minutes ago, we lose 950 to 1000 due to poor points management, or lack thereof.