You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThunderGodGarfield

Any way to get additional port slots?

13 comments in this topic

Members
64 posts
1,591 battles

Hi, saw there was a port slot sale in late may, before I started playing.  Was wondering if there is a way to acquire more slots without needing purchases?

Ive been entering contests, but have not had much luck.  So, wondering if there is a way to earn slots?  Would love if they implemented some kind of login bonus of like 10 doubloons, because then I could save up.  I like the game, but just have to operate on a budget :/

Thanks

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Very, very rarely WG will offer free port/garage slots via an op. But those are few and far between. So the answer is essentially no.

[SIMNZ]
Members
767 posts
7,551 battles

I think there was, but I'm not entirely sure. There might be some event or contest where you can win doubloons happening around the 4th, but I can't guarantee anything. 

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

They have a budget as well, they already give many away for free if you focus on one tree or two you could continue to play for free. But, 500 doubloons would get you a port slot plus a few to spare and cost less than $3 if you can't afford that you probably shouldn't have bought a PC.

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

It's too bad you missed out on the sale. They most likely won't do one until sometime in the fall, or maybe even winter.

Members
49 posts
4,229 battles

The best thing to do if you don't want to invest money is when they post their next competition is to try to place in it, you usually get doubloons premium time and a port slot and you can use doubloons to get more port slots so to speak they usually do these on lower tiers too.

Members
3,014 posts

Hi, saw there was a port slot sale in late may, before I started playing.  Was wondering if there is a way to acquire more slots without needing purchases?

Ive been entering contests, but have not had much luck.  So, wondering if there is a way to earn slots?  Would love if they implemented some kind of login bonus of like 10 doubloons, because then I could save up.  I like the game, but just have to operate on a budget :/

Thanks

You have to choose which boat are really worth keeping.  How many boats can you enjoy?

In the long run, probably 6-7

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,944 battles

Geez, for less than the cost of a movie and a bag of popcorn you can buy enough dubloons to get a bunch of port slots.

I remember when a good MMO game cost $2.00 an hour... an hour.. to play. Just because you can play for free, doesn't mean you have to play for free.

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

I bought 20 of them last sale (3000 doubloons' worth).

It's going to last me a really long time.

That's the way to go with the "World of _____" titles, there are no freebees.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Thanks

If you happen to get a free low tier premium from WG you can sell it off, other than that, NOPE. just wait for the next sale.

Members
64 posts
1,591 battles

Geez, for less than the cost of a movie and a bag of popcorn you can buy enough dubloons to get a bunch of port slots.

I remember when a good MMO game cost $2.00 an hour... an hour.. to play. Just because you can play for free, doesn't mean you have to play for free.

Yes, it must be really nice to be able to buy popcorn and see a movie in theatres - let alone the luxury of being able to afford a $2 an hour game.  Some of us, however, actually have to live on a budget.  In the future, yes I will probably be able to afford these things, but for the time being I am simply looking for a way to enjoy as many aspects of this game as I can.  Thanks for your thoughtful and helpful post.
  • Cool 1