Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Battleship_Dunkerque

I'm glad I don't run into dirtbags very often...

27 comments in this topic

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles

This evening I entered a Tier VI game.  There was a division with a Tier IV and a Tier III St. Louis on my team.  Immediately another 'teammate' starts ripping into the St. Louis captain.  He was so wound up in giving this poor guy the business that he ended up getting killed early, finished dead last on the team.  We lost, of course, as most of the team got dragged into the fight.  I did manage to have the best damage total I've put up in my Aoba yet, almost got into 6 figures in damage, but I couldn't carry hard enough.

Anyway, what is it that drives nimrods like that?  I just don't get it.  I know many of us on here say this behavior is common, but frankly I just don't see it very often, for which I'm very grateful.

Edited by kerensky_914

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Just wait until you start seeing the tier X games where "those guys" drag in an Umikaze. Though I do miss the good ol' days when I could use an LTraktor as a lower plate shield in my E-100 in WoT. :)

Edited by goldeagle1123

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

It's summer and there are no age restrictions so....that's pretty much your answer

Yeah blame stupid things people do on young people. Ignorantly generalizing an entire generation is totally a valid answer!

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,415 battles

we had a st louis in a tier 7 game recently and we won losing one ship in a landslide victory and yet our team joked about it and made it our mascot, i guess it's 50/50 on the games like that

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Is WG ever going to implemented the new Div rules from WoT?

Also...

How are they working out?

Edited by slak__

Beta Testers
137 posts
8,064 battles

Had one last night where I dropped in my Shima. T10 destroyer and it obviously was a T10 match and on my side were two players divisioned up....one in the Atago and the other in a St. Louis...I resisted the urge to lash out in chat and tried hard just to play my game and hope it would not be too bad.  I was next to last ship left on team vs 60% of their team and lost miserably.  Not sure how much of the "fail division" sealed into the psyche of my team, but WG should at least not allow division mates to be outside of the +/- 2 tiers you would see in battle.  Just my 2¢'s worth. End rant.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Is WG ever going to implemented the new Div rules from WoT?

Also...

How are they working out?

I love the platoon parameters. Almost totally eliminated fail platoons.

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles

Had one last night where I dropped in my Shima. T10 destroyer and it obviously was a T10 match and on my side were two players divisioned up....one in the Atago and the other in a St. Louis...I resisted the urge to lash out in chat and tried hard just to play my game and hope it would not be too bad.  I was next to last ship left on team vs 60% of their team and lost miserably.  Not sure how much of the "fail division" sealed into the psyche of my team, but WG should at least not allow division mates to be outside of the +/- 2 tiers you would see in battle.  Just my 2¢'s worth. End rant.

Bad thing is, my example wasn't even really a fail division.  A T3 and a T4 are fine together, but the T4 got dragged into a T6 game and pulled the St. Louis with him.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I love the platoon parameters. Almost totally eliminated fail platoons.

hmm we need a poll lol

DEVS!!!!!!

Beta Testers
137 posts
8,064 battles

I know.  That does suck.  I have to just remember not to do anything other than always try to do well regardless.  

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,209 posts
15,770 battles

One tier difference isn't much of a problem unless the low tier is very inexperienced. Matches were four tier affairs in Alpha and I actually carried a higher W/R.

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Just wait until you start seeing the tier X games where "those guys" drag in an Umikaze. Though I do miss the good ol' days when I could use an LTraktor as a lower plate shield in my E-100 in WoT. :)

Umis aren't bad at T10. If they get lucky with MM matchups, i.e., minimal radar, no CVs.

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,629 battles

Bad thing is, my example wasn't even really a fail division.  A T3 and a T4 are fine together, but the T4 got dragged into a T6 game and pulled the St. Louis with him.

Actually no. Divisions should be the same tier always!!!!!!! (or if you allow +/- 1 then change how they are matched)

It's ridiculous that solo you can't bring a tier 3 into a tier 6 game, but suddenly because you division the MM rules are broken.

Fix fail divsions!!! please

Edited by khan1670

Members
858 posts
1,811 battles

Actually no. Divisions should be the same tier always!!!!!!! (or if you allow +/- 1 then change how they are matched)

It's ridiculous that solo you can't bring a tier 3 into a tier 6 game, but suddenly because you division the MM rules are broken.

Fix fail divsions!!! please

My point is, the presence of a T3 in a T6 match is no reason to throw a tantrum and berate another player, to the point that you end up throwing the match because you're too bloody pissed off to pay attention.
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,629 battles

My point is, the presence of a T3 in a T6 match is no reason to throw a tantrum and berate another player, to the point that you end up throwing the match because you're too bloody pissed off to pay attention.

Of course!  However, it's fail divisions that get people on edge in the first place and there's a simple solution to fix the problem. Don't allow them in the first place or change how they are matched.
Edited by khan1670

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,190 battles

The only ones that legitimately upset me are the Tier 2 ships with any Tier 8 that has 4 total games played overall. I get that you want to experience all that the game has to offer, but use some common sense. Other than that I don't generally mind fail platoons. I have even seem the game make it relatively more even in total tiers with a few higher ships on our side. Typically you should just point out that it's not a good idea to continue down that path and just try to win the game at hand.

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

No, that IS a fail division.  Any division which would bring a ship drag a ship into a battle tier that it wouldn't otherwise see if playing solo is a fail division.

Members
292 posts
4,845 battles

people really need to worry bout their own game, an stop trying to force their craponto others. I couldn't care if guys on a freakin blow up doll if hes having fun in match, good luck to him.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

people really need to worry bout their own game, an stop trying to force their craponto others. I couldn't care if guys on a freakin blow up doll if hes having fun in match, good luck to him.

Sorry, but if some guy on my team brings in a fail division then it *IS* affecting MY game and MY chances of winning.  If you want to play with fail divisions, go play co-op where the mirrored MM will guarantee that if you bring a division of a tier 8 and a tier 2, the bot team will have that same tier 8 and tier 2 ship too.

Members
665 posts
5,459 battles

Sorry, but if some guy on my team brings in a fail division then it *IS* affecting MY game and MY chances of winning.  If you want to play with fail divisions, go play co-op where the mirrored MM will guarantee that if you bring a division of a tier 8 and a tier 2, the bot team will have that same tier 8 and tier 2 ship too.

So your saying I shouldn't div up with a Tirpitz again in my Dresden.....even though the Shimas were running from me like little girls?

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

So your saying I shouldn't div up with a Tirpitz again in my Dresden.....even though the Shimas were running from me like little girls?

You want to division a Tirpitz with a Dresden, knock yourself out ... and do it in co-op.

Edited by Crucis

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Yeah blame stupid things people do on young people. Ignorantly generalizing an entire generation is totally a valid answer!

First, INEXPERIENCED people have a tendency to do stupid things, like bring a tier 3 in a division of tier 6s. We learn by doing, right? They learned NOT to do that, right? If they didn't, then they are probably young and inexperienced.

Second, this 'entire generation' has been taught to be satisfied with merely playing, and so they are rewarded. They were taught not to care about winning.

Third, there is a lot of passive-aggressive behavior among young people. They don't even have to say anything, just do one stupid thing and get attention. This is very satisfying to these people. I believe, to many, this is why they play. To annoy their team mates. To team kill. To back up to the edge of the map as far away as possible from the enemy, and do nothing. To go pink. Now they stand out in the crowd by doing something stupid, because they are incapable of doing something spectacular.

All of this....happens in the summer when school lets out to the degree that you see it every other fight. This isn't our imagination. It's a fact.

Edited by Wepps

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I've noticed that it doesn't really matter. If enough people do good enough, then they can carry the whole team, regardless of numerical difference. Just focus on your own thing, stay on task, and sink the red ships, and you should be golden.

Sign in to follow this