Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

When you get stuck on a rank

22 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

'rubs hands together ' Good , good I still have a chance to catch up to you .   :D

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Why I don't play past rank 15. 4 stars per rank is a lot, and i'm happy with my little commemorative flag and all the signals I got. Not to mention the people only get saltier the lower you go in the ranks.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Why I don't play past rank 15. 4 stars per rank is a lot, and i'm happy with my little commemorative flag and all the signals I got. Not to mention the people only get saltier the lower you go in the ranks.

I was born salty.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I've been wrecking Randoms in Colorado, not feeling Ranked today...

Members
22 posts
5,207 battles

yep past rank 10 people just stop being kind to each other and it feels like team work goes out the window

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,706 battles

yep past rank 10 people just stop being kind to each other and it feels like team work goes out the window

I can understand people getting very edgy as they go up in rank, but you'd think that team work would generally improve.

Oh well.

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,706 battles

I guess that the problem is that the devs probably feel that for the reward at the end to be worth it, the players have to put in a LOT of effort to earn it.  But to me, it's not worth it.  It's too boring to play the same small set of ships for many dozens of battles.  It might be nice if there were fewer overall stars required to advance all the way to rank one, even if the reward at the end wasn't as good.  It might make it less of a grind and more fun.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I am 2 star from 10 and don't really feel like getting there :D    people are already getting cranky 

8,843 posts
7,637 battles

Sometimes its hard to carry those who don't want to be carried. Other times you find a player you know, or one that works well with you and you destroy everything in queue. Luck of the draw, sometimes the most you can hope for is to not lose a star.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

Sometimes its hard to carry those who don't want to be carried. Other times you find a player you know, or one that works well with you and you destroy everything in queue. Luck of the draw, sometimes the most you can hope for is to not lose a star.

this...

[ASHIP]
Members
5,454 posts
12,925 battles

I can understand people getting very edgy as they go up in rank, but you'd think that team work would generally improve.

Oh well.

Lol, it does. Performance requirement is higher, and then you get the occaisional tomato that doesn't understand how to actually play in a team, dies and then comes here claiming there is no teamwork.

also, you should expect games to end up 7 dead to 2 dead even with equal skilled teams, unless the leading team makes a big mistake in return.

Beta Testers
137 posts
8,064 battles

Made it into Rank 8, went on losing streak of 4 in a row before a win streak of 3....sometimes I think that there is a secondary deciding code when breaking up the teams in ranked that looks at recent winning % and tries to place winners (by way of win rate) from say a sample of last 3-5 games on a side and losers likewise....adding a hidden tag to user ID that after 3-5 games to invert this procedure.  Rinse and repeat.  Of course ones own skill, or lack thereof can overcome simple %'s but sometimes when you are on a streak like this you really can't help but to want to put the tin foil conspiracy theory hat on.  LOL.

Beta Testers
137 posts
8,064 battles

Oh hi there Crucis didn't even see you name until after I already posted.  From one Great White Fleet member to another....Hail Brother!!!

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,706 battles

Oh hi there Crucis didn't even see you name until after I already posted.  From one Great White Fleet member to another....Hail Brother!!!

Hiya dude.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

As long as people keep griefing by suiciding before 5 min, I will continue getting chat banned.

8,843 posts
7,637 battles

As long as people keep griefing by suiciding before 5 min, I will continue getting chat banned.

im surprised I haven't just for letting them know they are doing it wrong... o7 btw XD nice battles earlier

Members
1,022 posts
13,341 battles

got to  rank 12 fast.  stuck there for a couple of days then  jumped to rank 10, then steady to rank 5.     up to 5,4 down to 5,2.  just gotta ride out the rough patches

Members
330 posts
4,066 battles

Only have the Pensacola and NM to use for ranked. Don't really want to waste the credits to buy another tier 7 ship just for ranked. Even though I made it to 10 in 42 battles using those ships, I know the NM is not useful past rank 10 and I don't have the urge to suffer in the Pensacola trying to grind through the higher ranks with it.

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

I'm almost done hopefully

This was what I thought when I started playing today. 1 win and 7 losses later...

Sign in to follow this