Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Atomic_Manatee

Super Close Last-Fraction-of-a-Second Victory

6 comments in this topic

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,680 posts
7,380 battles

Typical Ranked battle where nearly everyone on my team, including myself dies. Sole survivor in a Colorado goes a-hunting instead of guarding one of our caps, thus making us lose our point advantage. Time is running out, the enemy team is at 999 points. And then...

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10323-Cruiser_SanJuan-Shatter

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Got one yesterday in my Amagi, seconds left on the clock, enemy CV gets spotted and has full health, manage to 100 to 0 the Lexington with one salvo right as time expires, with them being up by about 100 points. Wish I could have seen my teams reaction, they were going crazy as soon as I spotted her lol.

Edited by goldeagle1123
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

The first part of this video made by me was probably the best saving moment I have ever had.  Within the last 2 seconds of the match I killed a Konigsberg with a devastating strike.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

Wasn't quite fractions of a second, but the last game I did last night in Ranked was pretty close. At the end, there were two enemies left and three on my team: Their CV (Ranger I think? T7 USN) and their New Mexico against me (Myoukou), a Yorck, and our Hiryuu. We had one cap, they had the other, but the NM was in our cap. I can't remember who had the points lead by that point, but it was close.

So the Yorck on my team is hanging back behind islands (they'd been doing that...I think most of the game). I was super-low on health (about 1.5k) and the Ranger really wanted me dead, I had already used up my Defensive Fire and Catapult Fighter, and I'm pretty sure the Hiryuu was out of fighters, but the NM was also very low. So I come around an island into their cap, which their CV is right next to, so I dump torps at him while I just barely manage to finish the NM before it murders me. Two torp hits on the CV, but it's not dead, and as I'm turning my guns to get them to bear on it since it's on the exact opposite side of me from the NM, it finally lands the last hit it needs with its DBs to kill me.

After I killed the NM, my team had some 950 points, but the enemy had both caps. Then I died, and so the enemy had ~950 points along with both caps and we were just under 900. Ranger was very low on HP, so I was just thinking to myself, "So help me, if you people manage to lose this because you were too busy hiding while I fought both of them..." but they managed to kill the Ranger when the enemy was at something like 986 points. Very close, but we won.

• Cool 1

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

This happened to me once, but it was more like it would have been a legitimate draw in 2 cap Domination on Islands of Ice.  Both teams went and derped around, sinking each other, and we're both down to about 4 ships per side and it just so happens, we're tied.  Exactly.  So I in my Izumo, who had just sunk a DD trying for our cap, steam out to their cap with the intention of at least stopping their timer just long enough to eke a win.  But then, a Colorado that has been hiding all game decides to pop out from an iceburg and challenge me.  The only problem; he steamed out right in front of me, instead of to my side.  Gave a panicked broadside that did nothing.  I retaliated with a citpen, but he remains alive.

So I decide to go full speed ahead, and ram him, with 2 seconds to spare.  He sinks, I don't.  Victory from the jaws of a Draw (which most people seem to hate more than a Loss) was wonderful.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this