You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrushWolf

Pink is the New Submarine?

26 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

Posts from people coming here complaining about turning pink because they heavily damaged or even sunk a friendly almost always from torps have actually started to exceed the 'Can We Has Subs" threads. I am actually missing the sub threads because there would often be good discussion mixed into them.

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Subs?

d_NVvnt_X_gif_noredirect.gif

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
[NGA-A]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,796 posts
1,917 battles
:sceptic:

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

I had an interesting situation in the last battle.  In the Haruna, maneuvering, I was travelling AWAY from the tracks of 4 torpedoes.

Now, that is something we all know how to make sure of.  We zoom out and line up and see that they all will go far off to the right (Starboard)..

Well...  That ONE had a slight coarse correction and I steered hard left to avoid it.  It still followed me like it is was a homing torpedo from Silent Hunter 4.

Struck me with full force and did..  let me look... Isokaze 1 torpedo 16480 damage.  Killed me instantly from 1/3 health.

So one RNG torp  mag'd me in the rudder.

That's OK..  It's a game.  Maybe the Isokaze driver needed improved self-esteem or something.  Who knows.

Another silly matter: a few days ago I TK'd a Marblehead with HE from my Haruna.  It appears he was ramming after I fired a volley.  My volley killed both enemy and Major_Leaf in his brand new Marblehead (4 Co-Op games on it).  In addition to paying my dues and apologizing for being pink for the next 6 of my 5 punishment battles, I bought the victim a Campbelltown.  I also messaged him and apologized.

I got no response, so I looked the operator up.  The Major hasn't checked in to claim his destroyer, nor partaken any battles since the TK incident.

I seriously hope I didn't give this soul a heart attack and really kill someone.

Could someone please check on my victim to see if they are alright?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

Pinkwolf?

Nope, while I have had some close calls since the new system was put in place I have so far avoided the dreaded pinkness.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Eventually, we will all be Pink....Pink is the new Black perhaps?

• Cool 1

0 posts

Posts from people coming here complaining about turning pink because they heavily damaged or even sunk a friendly almost always from torps have actually started to exceed the 'Can We Has Subs" threads. I am actually missing the sub threads because there would often be good discussion mixed into them.

You obviously haven't seen the majority of Sub threads, since most of them involve the community screaming No at the creator of the thread, or even worse, the OP fights back. 

Members
198 posts
3,613 battles

maybe start a new clan called 'The Pink Panthers'

probably wouldn't work out that good as they would all be torping and shooting each other

Edited by max_nz
  • Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I had an interesting situation in the last battle.  In the Haruna, maneuvering, I was travelling AWAY from the tracks of 4 torpedoes.

Now, that is something we all know how to make sure of.  We zoom out and line up and see that they all will go far off to the right (Starboard)..

Well...  That ONE had a slight coarse correction and I steered hard left to avoid it.  It still followed me like it is was a homing torpedo from Silent Hunter 4.

Struck me with full force and did..  let me look... Isokaze 1 torpedo 16480 damage.  Killed me instantly from 1/3 health.

That's OK..  It's a game.  Maybe the Isokaze driver needed improved self-esteem or something.  Who knows.

Another silly matter: a few days ago I TK'd a Marblehead with HE from my Haruna.  It appears he was ramming after I fired a volley.  My volley killed both enemy and Major_Leaf in his brand new Marblehead (4 Co-Op games on it).  In addition to paying my dues and apologizing for being pink for the next 6 of my 5 punishment battles, I bought the victim a Campbelltown.  I also messaged him and apologized.

I got no response, so I looked the operator up.  The Major hasn't checked in to claim his destroyer, nor partaken any battles since the TK incident.

I seriously hope I didn't give this soul a heart attack and really kill someone.

If I had a Campbelltown for every time I got tked...I'd have at least 10.

And i'd sell them all because that ship is awful :)

• Cool 1

[SOTA]
Members
852 posts
14,400 battles

Subs?  I'll take ham, cheese, bacon, with black olives, jalapeno's and ranch please.  As to pinkies, head is always on a swivel when in tier IV or below matches, sometimes I trust the enemy more than my team...(umikazes/wakatakis/tenryus especially).

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

You obviously haven't seen the majority of Sub threads, since most of them involve the community screaming No at the creator of the thread, or even worse, the OP fights back. 

There is usually some real good discussion mixed in. With pink the only good responses are it was your fault not theirs.

[WFR]
Beta Testers
252 posts
4,353 battles

Operation Petticoat?

I was pink earlier this month was from torpedoing account DD, flooding him to the bottom.  I felt like crap and then had to play 24 hours with that pink stigma.

But today, two different battles, I ended up maneuvering about in front of our force, only to have friendly torpedoes hit me.  I didn't say anything either time.  Luckily both times only took about half my HP's and I had my Repair available...

[WFR]
Beta Testers
252 posts
4,353 battles

Operation Petticoat?

I was pink earlier this month was from torpedoing account DD, flooding him to the bottom.  I felt like crap and then had to play 24 hours with that pink stigma.

But today, two different battles, I ended up maneuvering about in front of our force, only to have friendly torpedoes hit me.  I didn't say anything either time.  Luckily both times only took about half my HP's and I had my Repair available...

lol, looking at the latter threads, I turned pink while in a Campbelltown.

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

Haven't gone pink yet (kind of funny since shortly before the increased strictness I did have an accidental TK from not being careful enough with my torps), but have winged a teammate a couple times. Secondaries got me a couple warnings when Mikuma and I were engaging an enemy BB at point-blank in our Ishizuchi, and I had another when I caught an ally's superstructure with AP from my Molotov when they were close in front of me.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

I wrecked a Myoko in Ranked, sorry Tip. Didn't kill him but he ate about four Mahan torps. Still wasn't pink, though I didn't kill him...

Members
198 posts
3,613 battles

awhile back I came across this pink player , look out for him he will sink you

l9U3eKA.jpg

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,917 posts
8,973 battles

Err... um... I was the victim... and um... I'd like a Tirpitz.... :sceptic:

But seriously, I've been accidentally tk's, deliberately tk'd, and I've accidentally tk'd others, but apart from an apology it's never gone further than that. 

Kudos. You can TK me anytime. 

Members
130 posts
1,378 battles

I got pink a few weeks ago from hitting a green BB I was using as a shield. Caught fire, and made 10k DMG. Instant pink.

In my case, it was my secondary that fired at an allied that drove between me and an enemy. He caught fire and burned to death...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

Haven't gone pink yet (kind of funny since shortly before the increased strictness I did have an accidental TK from not being careful enough with my torps), but have winged a teammate a couple times. Secondaries got me a couple warnings when Mikuma and I were engaging an enemy BB at point-blank in our Ishizuchi, and I had another when I caught an ally's superstructure with AP from my Molotov when they were close in front of me.

Yeah, a few weeks, maybe a month before the change I collected a TK two matches in a row. Both were torpedoes that were far down range and near the end of their runs but I still felt bad.