Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Matthewl419

Diana, or Cambeltown?

11 comments in this topic

[DNGR]
Members
491 posts
20,065 battles

As the topic says, "Diana or Cambeltown," I can't decide which to get... I only have the dough for one, but I'm not sure which one...

Any suggestions/ help would be very appreciated.

(I am looking for a less-than-$10 low tier captain trainer).

Edited by Matthewl419

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Cambeltown.

Personally, I'd save up for a Tier 6 or 8 ship.

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,189 battles

Literally neither. I would spend the money on Premium Time and work on a tree that is already released. If you are absolutely set on getting one, I would go Diana.

Edited by GG_Bootcamp

Beta Testers
586 posts
1,001 battles

Diana is pretty amazing in her own Tier, my first battle I had 63,000 damage ... haven't done it since but it has been a solid ship.  Cambeltown is a ship I haven't played much nor do I play DD's much in general but I thought I'd pick her up while I could as I suppose sooner or later DD's will appeal to me more.  For me cruisers are a ideal ship to learn the game with which I am still doing after a prolonged absence after Beta testing, having a lot of fun with the game again now.  Good luck!

Members
1,343 posts
3,378 battles

If you absolutely have to have one, get Cambeltown. 

Really though, just get premium or save up for a better ship, neither of those are very good.

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,455 battles

I would say neither. If you need a trainer, Campbeltown (a meh ship) only trains Brits, and they are kind of devalued lately. I'd go for Murmansk.

That said, I have  Diana and like it but it is only a T2. I like these old antiques (Aurora, Bogatyr, St. Louis) so I collect them. Diana is not bad for the tier. I also have Emden, Dresden and Albany, of course. Collecting old crap.

Edited by alexf24

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,205 posts
15,770 battles

Until there is an actual British line for an inexpensive trainer the Diana is the better choice.

[-K-]
Beta Testers
5,660 posts
18,915 battles

Low-tier XP is such that you're going to get terrible XP per hour training commanders in a Diana, Campbeltown, or anything else that low. Premium account time or doubloons for retraining will serve you better in the long run. In the short term the better solution is to re-train in the ship you're training into, and either accept you won't pick up as much commander XP per tier or stick around in each tier a little longer to make up for it.

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,765 battles

neither, save your money and get something at tier 5,7 or 8 for training captains!:bajan:

[FLEE]
Members
2,194 posts
4,953 battles

Diana, without hesitation.

I have both and use both and Diana is far more enjoyable to use, irrespective of Campbeltown's torpedoes.

Sign in to follow this