Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hunter_Steel

Amagi After a Week

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Soo.. after a week of not playing her, I get into Amagi, and this is the first battle I get in her:

2JM552T.jpg

yEee8yR.jpg

P7bSjFE.jpg

rxDYFBy.jpg

She's definitely a Tier 8 Kongou with two more guns and 40mm of more armor. That troll armor though, she can really tank when it's needed. Too bad I began brawling when I shouldn't have (Close to an Island), got myself beached and got sunk by their Kutuzov who I had sunk nearly 2 minutes prior XD

~Hunter

• Cool 1

[SKD]
Members
68 posts
7,324 battles

She's a beast alright.  It's generally her speed that surprises people.  Good game.

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,711 battles

Hunter, I'm just amazed that you can do 151k damage in your Amagi and still end up in second place in XP to another BB.  Makes one wonder just how good a game that Tirpitz player had to earn more XP than you.

Beta Testers
4,007 posts
14,539 battles

If amagi had torps like Tirpitz i would play only that ship :D but then it will be op and the Russians will nerf it since it's not Russian

Amagi is great , i had my biggest dmage so far with the Amagi and some of my best games too

Troll armor + great guns + Speed

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

Hunter, I'm just amazed that you can do 151k damage in your Amagi and still end up in second place in XP to another BB.  Makes one wonder just how good a game that Tirpitz player had to earn more XP than you.

He simply did more damage, I think?

Cause my last match in this morning's Shokaku streak, I did well over 150K of damage from TB/DB hits and fire/flood DOT for 2009 XP (no modifiers) and that put me at #1 spot.

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

Was it without any equipment during that battle?

It's my first battle in her in a week. Perhaps I should've phrased it differently.

It's a Tirpitz, he also has 4 kills to my one, and also 10 planes downed.

I doubt he did more damage, because if he did, he would've had High Caliber, and he doesn't haha

~Hunter

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Amagi is a truly fun ship.

I went into ranked season 3 with Amagi and came out with Izumo lol

Nice game!

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

He simply did more damage, I think?

Cause my last match in this morning's Shokaku streak, I did well over 150K of damage from TB/DB hits and fire/flood DOT for 2009 XP (no modifiers) and that put me at #1 spot.

He got more kills.  Depending on how much damage he did to his victims before he killed them that could be the case since I believe there is a reduced XP yield for killstealing.

He could also have just capped once because 1 cap gives 500XP if solo, and if he shared it with anyone regardless of how many were in the cap he still gets 250.  Which makes Ranked play in anything but a DD super-frustrating because unless you assist you almost always don't finish top, but I digress.

Edited by TenguBlade

Beta Testers
783 posts
4,031 battles

Sigh.

I was expecting to see a summary of the Amagi's performance over the course of a week...not a brag post about how RNG loved you one game.

Why do people brag about RNG working for them once in a while? It's like bragging about winning at slots.

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,285 posts
19,668 battles

Easily my favorite BB, Izumo is a real let down.  Texas is a real good in it tier, prefer it over Kongo class, which I love too.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,172 posts
30,926 battles

Sigh.

I was expecting to see a summary of the Amagi's performance over the course of a week...not a brag post about how RNG loved you one game.

Why do people brag about RNG working for them once in a while? It's like bragging about winning at slots.

What part of the OP saying, "Soo.. after a week of not playing her, I get into Amagi, and this is the first battle I get in her" did you not understand?

I also point to you again, even within 2 weeks, and now 1 month since 5.6 hit, Amagi is still doing quite well.

JsxmXgb.jpg

She's doing more damage, sinking more ships still than the other Tier VIII BBs, despite 5.6 buffing NC.  Win % is close between her and Tirpitz overall.  Regardless of what you or I think, on average with what everyone is doing, she's doing well.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

4,630 posts
5,107 battles

My Amagi's stats as they are currently:

12Dfnmw.png

~Hunter

Sign in to follow this