You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MoondoggE9

Probably A Dumb Question

10 comments in this topic

[AK-47]
Members
142 posts
18,700 battles

Did a search, and have looked through several topics to no avail....

Could someone please explain "Premium Consumables" for me?

I drive an Iowa "C" hull.  I bought a year of premium time, and I (gulp) bought 9K doubloons mostly for the 30 million credits (so I don't go broke on repairs).  And miracle or miracles, SWMBO didn't even skin me alive for spending real money on a game!!!

But I just don't "get" the Premium Consumables thing.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance!

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

When you are in port click on the "Modules" tab at the top and then on the "Ammunition and Consumables" in the middle left screen.  Select "Consumables".  Depending on what ship you have you have a few free ones that each ship automatically has. If you click on one of these you get the opportunity to buy upgraded ones for Doubloons (usually 15 per battle).

And good work getting the purchase approved by the Minister of Homeland Security and Finance.

Edited by JCC45

[GOAT]
Beta Testers
1,523 posts
7,150 battles

When you are in port click on the "Modules" tab at the top and then on the "Ammunition and Consumables" in the middle left screen.  Select "Consumables".  Depending on what ship you have you have a few free ones that each ship automatically has. If you click on one of these you get the opportunity to buy upgraded ones for Doubloons (usually 15 per battle).

Also worth noting that you can choose to pay 22.5k credits instead.
  • Cool 2

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

You can also buy them for credits, 22,500 per consumable. Damage control is pretty much required for higher tiers, and repair party premium is incredibly helpful for BBs and T9+ cruisers. 

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

Alternatively you could buy them for 22,500 credits. 

Premium consumables reduce the cooldown by 20-30% off the top of my head. They also give an extra charge of the consumable. 

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

Also worth noting that you can choose to pay 22.5k credits instead.

Good catch.  I had forgotten there is a drop down arrow that allows you to pay with either Doubloons or Credits.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Did a search, and have looked through several topics to no avail....

Could someone please explain "Premium Consumables" for me?

I drive an Iowa "C" hull.  I bought a year of premium time, and I (gulp) bought 9K doubloons mostly for the 30 million credits (so I don't go broke on repairs).  And miracle or miracles, SWMBO didn't even skin me alive for spending real money on a game!!!

But I just don't "get" the Premium Consumables thing.

Thanks in advance for your patience and assistance!

​Premium consumables cause you to lose silver instead of gain silver in a tight economy.  It swings you over the balance.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

And here I thought I was the only one that named wives ; 'She Who Must Be Obeyed '  from the old novel .   :teethhappy:

[YORHA]
Members
5,460 posts
12,103 battles

And here I thought I was the only one that named wives ; 'She Who Must Be Obeyed '  from the old novel .   :teethhappy:

9Ajl112.jpg

[AK-47]
Members
142 posts
18,700 battles

Thanks for the responses!  Added the extra HP heal....which I need a lot since my Iowa is so pretty everybody wants to shoot stuff at me.

SWMBO asked about the charge but didn't go off the deep end over it.  I'm "retired", but still work 28 hrs/wk and have 2 pensions with no debt so it's not like I'm spending us into poverty.  Love this game...just wish I was better at it.

Thanks again!