Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
ah_MarkNutt

indianappolis.

17 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
1,449 battles

Does anyone know when the indianappolis will be sold again? I'm thinking about getting the Atlanta ,but I want a cruiser similar to the American cruiser playstyle.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

Sorry you missed out on it, I'm sure they'll bring her up for sale again at least two or three times in bundles before making her purchasable by doubloons next year. One thing is certain, you don't have to worry about it not being sold as it's far from being an OP ship.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

Also the Atlanta is a tough ship to master . It is more of a helper then fighter . It has great AAA capacity ( what I use her for ) and can devastate DD's but is squishy with low armor . I have played her since CBT and do all right in her because of playing her so much .

To repeat ; the Atlanta does not play like any of the other USN cruisers .

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
4,470 battles

Sorry you missed out on it, I'm sure they'll bring her up for sale again at least two or three times in bundles before making her purchasable by doubloons next year. One thing is certain, you don't have to worry about it not being sold as it's far from being an OP ship.

If people think Indianapolis isn't good, then maybe that's why other cruisers turn broadside to me, only to get hit in the citadel 4 times and die horribly. Huh, that might explain my success in the Pensacola too.:amazed:

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Also the Atlanta is a tough ship to master . It is more of a helper then fighter . It has great AAA capacity ( what I use her for ) and can devastate DD's but is squishy with low armor . I have played her since CBT and do all right in her because of playing her so much .

To repeat ; the Atlanta does not play like any of the other USN cruisers .

Does anyone know when the indianappolis will be sold again? I'm thinking about getting the Atlanta ,but I want a cruiser similar to the American cruiser playstyle.

What the Atlanta is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3x0aeoPhc

What the Indianapolis is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZgFDI2A_0

• Cool 1

322 posts
4,470 battles

What the Atlanta is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF3x0aeoPhc

What the Indianapolis is like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIZgFDI2A_0

You sir, take my upvote. Those videos are great.:teethhappy:

Members
383 posts

Wait for the Indianapolis to come back.  The Atlanta is not a fun ship for average players which means it becomes a waste of money as a trainer. The Indy is a fun ship.  

[WOLFG]
Members
4,300 posts

If people think Indianapolis isn't good, then maybe that's why other cruisers turn broadside to me, only to get hit in the citadel 4 times and die horribly. Huh, that might explain my success in the Pensacola too.:amazed:

Same. People tend to underestimate both the Indianapolis and the Pensacola a lot, not realizing their AP is brutal for their tier.

Members
383 posts

Make sure you research players who have advice to see how they played in it and how their game experience is. Some people buy things and find out they are over their head in that tier at the moment. 

[OGZR]
Members
125 posts

I really like it and can do decently in it. It does take some devastating shots though. Feels far easier to kill than Pensacola and New Orleans.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Same. People tend to underestimate both the Indianapolis and the Pensacola a lot, not realizing their AP is brutal for their tier.

I love my Pepsi. Unfortunately I've spurned her for Ranked thus far in favour of my Warspite, my Colorado, and my Blyskawica.
Edited by 1Sherman

[OGZR]
Members
125 posts

I love my Pepsi. Unfortunately I've spurned her for Ranked thus far in favour of my Warspite, my Colorado, and my Blyskawica.

Have the DM now, but before that, I liked the Pensacola better than the New Orleans or Baltimore.

[BBC]
Members
355 posts
3,005 battles

Lol my exact thoughts. I have never seen a ship get so many Cit`s at 16 km range. I mean anything short of a BB can be Citidel`d from 16km at anytime, its crazy.

I never have used T7 or 8 norm US line so Im not sure if they are all liek this, but that 17 k mRange+ Its accuracy is simply amazing. Also, its armor is very good vs 203mm or below, its super nimble and its how I picture the US BB`s would play TBH. SUper accurate at long ranges, great angles of fire and great agility and AA.

I really do want to buy another prem and want the Atlanta as I am now a true blue in my skill and fell I can pull it off however, Im scared im just gonna be fighting with it the entire career as I love range with soft ships.

Im leaning towards MK for the many reasons.

[BBC]
Members
355 posts
3,005 battles

Wait for the Indianapolis to come back.  The Atlanta is not a fun ship for average players which means it becomes a waste of money as a trainer. The Indy is a fun ship.  

To me the Indy is super fun because guns are godly. But as far as pure fun it seems like the Atlanta would be fun in spades. Hidding behind islands dropping bombs at a true 200k DPM, all while it having Torps to defend itself.

Im so sad I wont get the flint, those 9km torps+Smoke will be amazing. I do think the Atlanta needs a Range module to get it around 14km because Arsonist seems like its a must and AFT is a must for range.

322 posts
4,470 battles

its how I picture the US BB`s would play TBH. SUper accurate at long ranges, great angles of fire and great agility and AA.

If only the USN BBs were as nice as you describe past tier 7... Iowa's fun, but North Carolina and Montana just can't compete with their Japanese counterparts, especially not when it comes to accuracy or firepower.

Sign in to follow this