You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RumblingMouse

Can You Guys Explain This to Me?

10 comments in this topic

[IPWA]
Beta Testers
452 posts
7,032 battles

So I feel like I do pretty well in my Indianapolis since my games are turning out a lot better than what I usually get in Japanese cruisers (Indianapolis has same gun performance as Myoko). So, I checked my stats, and...

Bd8HyLp.png

How is it possible that I have below average experience when I have above average stats in everything else? Thanks in advance for the explanation.

i guess im just too much of a noob

Edited by RumblingMouse

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

To my knowledge, premium account bonuses also end up factoring into the average XP calculation.

Quote me not on that.

Edited by Rion12

[IPWA]
Beta Testers
452 posts
7,032 battles

To my knowledge, premium account bonuses also end up factoring into the average XP calculation.

Quote me not on that.

If you are correct than this shows that premium ship players often have premium account? lol

Actually now I'm thinking of it, most of my damage comes from shooting battleships and cruisers (about 60% BBs and 40% CA/CLs). Possibly that is the reason?

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

If you are correct than this shows that premium ship players often have premium account? lol

Actually now I'm thinking of it, most of my damage comes from shooting battleships and cruisers (about 60% BBs and 40% CA/CLs). Possibly that is the reason?

It's a very understandable correlation. I for one figure that if im gonna shell out hundreds of dollars for WGs ships and tanks, I might as well have a premium account as well.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I don't know how premium works into it, ut as far as in-game, it could depend on what you do.

Experience has very little to do with raw damage, but rather percentage of damage.

If you shoot a little off a LOT of ships, you'll get XP for that, but now much. However, dealign a lot of damage to Few ships, and working them down for a large chunk of their hit points, then you get more XP.

In this way, one could shoot up a Yamato and do 20,000 damage, but would still earn less XP than someone who took 10,000 off a Shimakaze.

20k is only about 20% of a Yamato's health, while 10k is well over 50% over a Shimakaze's hitpoints, and thus is worth way more XP. Heck, Shima doesn't even have 20k health.

Also, capping gets lots of XP, and I don't know how much you cap, considering you're in an Indy, which, while having radar, isn't the stealthiest or tangiest ship afloat.

Your win rate could just show you apply damage very effectively, so what damage you do, and how you play your ship, even if it isn't in the best way to earn XP, does get you wins and high damage. Personally, I used to do much more damage, and that's all I went for.

Since I started playing my ships more towards the role of what I feel they should do in battle(for example, my American DDs is use to take out the enemy DDs as fast as possible, often counter-capping, or sometimes just sitting in cap with a smokescreen burring down enemy ships).

it could just be your playstyle.

That's all I can think of, considering in game. As i mentioned before, I don't now how the premium stuff could affect your XP gains.

• Cool 1

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

WG did have this period some time ago where they were messing with what went into average experience calculations, first it was only base xp with no bonuses, then every bonus possible (win bonus, camoflage, etc) and then they ended up with premium bonuses only.

[R_N]
Beta Testers
894 posts
1,631 battles

I usually say in a cruiser that if i can do 1.5x my ship's HP in damage that I am doing average-good. Double my ship's HP is a little better, of course this is for cruisers, DD's and BB's will be a little different given the large difference in the HP of each class of ships.

[EATME]
[EATME]
Members
110 posts
10,824 battles

+1 Phoenix_jz.  I have often received much more or much less xp than I thought I deserved without understanding why. Your post explains a lot. Thank you.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

@Glutius_Maximus

No problem, I'm glad to've helped.

Sorry about all the awful grammar, I'm awful when it comes to typing XD

So much for my generation being the one born into the age of computers XD

[EATME]
[EATME]
Members
110 posts
10,824 battles

@Glutius_Maximus

No problem, I'm glad to've helped.

Sorry about all the awful grammar, I'm awful when it comes to typing XD

So much for my generation being the one born into the age of computers XD

I am certainly not a member of the grammar police corps. The only time I am tempted to point out errors is when one of the grammar cops makes an error when correcting someone else. I make plenty of mistakes myself and mind the glass house.