Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aduial

Captain skill advice needed (Ibuki/Zao)

15 comments in this topic

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I recently got my Ibuki, and i'm starting to train my captain that i'm going to use on my Zao. Here's what i was thinking.

1. Situational Awareness

2. Here's the first question. I usually use incoming fire alert with my cruisers, in order to avoid getting nuked by BBs sniping at me. But recently, i've started doubting the usefulness of this skill. Because IJN cruisers have mediocre gun turning, i thought it might be better if i got Expert Marksman instead.

3.Second question: Vigilance or Superintendent? I used Vigilance with Mogami, and it made dodging torps ridiculously easy. But since at tiers 9-10 cruisers get Repair party, i thought i might be useful to have Superintendent. 

4. Demolition expert, or Manual AA, or AFT? I like demolition expert because it gets me more fires, but IJN cruisers have no trouble setting things on fire even without it. So i was thinking maybe i would buff my AA instead, because Zao's AA is somewhat mediocre.

5. Concealment Expert

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

Expert marksman is a must for IJN cruisers due to poor gun turn rate, the numbers may seem trivial but it adds up.

Go with Vigilance for Tier 3 skills, even if you do have repair party don't rely on it, dodging pedos is far better than taking a hit or two. Be one with the torpedobeat.

Cruisers at tier 9 and 10 may have a bit more armor but they are not absolute. Next: Demolition Expert and AFT are both good choices but take note that AFT is meant for those who want a more AA build, so if you go Zao then Demolition Expert is the way to go if you are more artillery oriented.

Concealment Expert is a no brainer. Ninja vanish is always a good thing. Hope this helps my man.

Edited by ExplosiveDumpling

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Thanks. Do you think i should get Incoming fire alert after i reach 17 points? 

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

Thanks. Do you think i should get Incoming fire alert after i reach 17 points? 

Uh... I don't even bother with that since (personally) I know when someone is firing at me. Watch atsf's (Eurobeat) videos, I don't see him using that skill at all and he is where I get a lot of my builds.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Incoming fire alert  is one of those skills you shouldn't need at T10, I never liked it because it warns you about EVERYTHING I've found myself dodging DD shots in my kongou once, it also only works if the shot is  6 seconds out if I remember correctly.

Edit: sorry just woke up

Edited by Sinboto

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Incoming fire alert  is one of those skills you shouldn't need at T10, I never liked it because it warns you about EVERYTHING I've found myself dodging DD shots in my kongou once, it also only works if the shot is  6 seconds out if I remember correctly.

Edit: sorry just woke up

Actually you got it mixed up. It only goes off when a ship outside of 6 seconds fires at you. Also the about what you said above, that's the reason i only use it on cruisers. Battleships can't really react/ don't have to react to shells, and DDs can actually dodge shells after they are seen visually, so they don't use it. But cruisers can only dodge shells if they start turning before/just after the shells are fired. But yeah, it's probably not the most important skill. 

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Actually you got it mixed up. It only goes off when a ship outside of 6 seconds fires at you. Also the about what you said above, that's the reason i only use it on cruisers. Battleships can't really react/ don't have to react to shells, and DDs can actually dodge shells after they are seen visually, so they don't use it. But cruisers can only dodge shells if they start turning before/just after the shells are fired. But yeah, it's probably not the most important skill. 

That's what I just said...wasn't it? :amazed:

it's up to you in the end, with extra points people usually go for skills they didn't take the first run through an extra fourth skill like demo expert for example. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

That's what I just said...wasn't it? :amazed:

it's up to you in the end, with extra points people usually go for skills they didn't take the first run through an extra fourth skill like demo expert for example. 

Lol, that's if i ever get a 19 point captain. Apparently it takes like 2 million XP  to get a captain like that. I'm probably gonna get an AA skill after i get CE. 

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

CE makes more of a difference in my Ibuki when there's more than 3 DDs, in my experience, if you're trying to sneak around. The 11km (22k camo and concealment module) detection range already makes it a lot easier to engage on my terms.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

CE makes more of a difference in my Ibuki when there's more than 3 DDs, in my experience, if you're trying to sneak around. The 11km (22k camo and concealment module) detection range already makes it a lot easier to engage on my terms.

CE is basically the only useful choice though, right? I mean it's not like you're gonna be getting manual secondaries for a cruiser, or air superiority. 

[ECOM]
Beta Testers
838 posts
11,053 battles

CE is basically the only useful choice though, right? I mean it's not like you're gonna be getting manual secondaries for a cruiser, or air superiority. 

CE is the only choice really.  Especially because you can invisifire pretty well with it and the concealment module and being able to sneak around is just to valuable.  I didn't go with Demo expert, because like you said, IJN cruisers already have a pretty high fire chance.  Incoming fire is pointless, it may help newer players but an experienced player should know when to be maneuvering.  
Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I recently got my Ibuki, and i'm starting to train my captain that i'm going to use on my Zao. Here's what i was thinking.

1. Situational Awareness

2. Here's the first question. I usually use incoming fire alert with my cruisers, in order to avoid getting nuked by BBs sniping at me. But recently, i've started doubting the usefulness of this skill. Because IJN cruisers have mediocre gun turning, i thought it might be better if i got Expert Marksman instead.

3.Second question: Vigilance or Superintendent? I used Vigilance with Mogami, and it made dodging torps ridiculously easy. But since at tiers 9-10 cruisers get Repair party, i thought i might be useful to have Superintendent. 

4. Demolition expert, or Manual AA, or AFT? I like demolition expert because it gets me more fires, but IJN cruisers have no trouble setting things on fire even without it. So i was thinking maybe i would buff my AA instead, because Zao's AA is somewhat mediocre.

5. Concealment Expert

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!!

2: I'd go with Expert Marksman. The faster you can get your turrets moving, the better.

3: Superintendent. Extra HP packs will save your life.

4: AFT. Gives you better AA, better secondaries, and it promotes using AP. Manual AA doesn't really work when you have multiple squadrons incoming and DE promotes being a dirty HE spammer.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Well I mean you could go for manual secondaries but I'm not sure how effective it would be haha. Her secondary guns aren't half bad. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

AFT because I don't want to see another fire-specced IJN CA...:hiding:

Just for you i'm gonna get DE and run the fire boosting flags. :P

Sign in to follow this