You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bjoring

Favorite Ship BY TIER. Go!

143 comments in this topic

Members
248 posts
9,559 battles

1. Erie. Gunboat sized boat with light cruiser sized guns. Adorable. Not smart, but adorable.

2. Umikaze. The seal-clubber's weapon of choice for a good reason. Who cares if you only have 4 torpedo tubes when you can launch from stealth every 24 seconds?

3. Bogatyr. St. Louis is a close second. They both have tons of guns, but Bogy looks nicer.

4. Clemson. Because who needs stealth when you're a low-tier destroyer with 8 4'' guns and 12 torpedo tubes?

5. Kongo. Fast, good-looking, and anthromorphized (fappable) in two anime series!

6. Warspite. Looks like a castle at sea, and is even more durable. Slow turret rotation, but an all around amazing battleship.

7. Nagato. Has the playstyle of the Warspite and is fappable like the Kongo. Amazing.

8. Tirpitz. Fast, tough, responsive, has torpedoes. Not very accurate at long-range, but you're supposed to be close enough to make rude gestures at the enemy anyways.

9. Iowa. 33 kt top speed with great guns, good armor, fantastic AA, etc. The well-earned reward for dealing with 21 kt standard-types.

10. Yamato. Has the biggest guns. Has the toughest armor. Has great everything else. But above all, has a place in my heart.

Apparently I really like battleships. Your turn!

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Here's my list.

1. Orlan. Seems to get citadels every salvo.

2. Umikaze: no explanation needed.

3. Tenryu: It's got torps, and it's maneuverable. It'd be a lot better if it wasn't such a citadel magnet

4. Clemson: It reks any same tier DD. Only thing i don't like about it is the detection range. 7km (?) is too much for tier 4.

5. I don't really have a favorite, but Zuiho seems pretty nice. Kirov looks really nice as well, i just haven't played it. 

6. Aoba, because those guns are just great. You can go bow-on and still keep 2/3 of your guns firing, and it's got decent AA for an IJn cruiser, and almost as much DPM as the Myoko. Plus the accuracy is just crazy good. I can get 6/6 shells hit from max range with no problem.

7. Myoko, because it's an upgraded version of Aoba.

8. Mogami (ok, i have a bias for IJN cruisers...), because of the amazing torps and amazing detection range. With the stealth module, you can get it down to 10.6km(?) and with CE you have enough stealth to stealth torp. 

9. I haven't played any (i bought Ibuki but i don't feel like playing it until i get the B hull), but i would say Fletcher. 

10. ZAO!!!!! No explanation need at all.

Members
1,614 posts
10,688 battles

1. Erie- Tier 5+ DD guns at t1 with BFT and turret travers? Yes please!

2. Novik- fast guns, decent speed decent agility. Yup I have a captain for this guy in reserve for when I need a T2

3. Tenryu. Hard choice between Tenryu and Bogytr. 7km torpedoes....7km torpedoes! six of them....in tier 3.

4. Kuma

5 Furutaka I guess

6 Farragut

7 Shchors

8 Benson

9 n/a

10 n/a

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

4. Clemson

5. Nicholas

6. Farragut

7. Mahan

8. Benson

9. Fletcher

Um....all US DDs? 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

1. Erie. Cute boom boom boat. =3

2. Mikasa, for obvious reasons. =D

3. St Louis....obviously XD

4. Hmm....Ark B I think...

5. Texas and by default, New York lol

6. Arizona. Yes I know she's not released yet, but bugger that, shes my gal ^-^

7. Colorado is really my only choice atm...none of my other tier 7s are very...erm... "OP" per say XD

8. Derpitz. Because Derpitz gonna derp torps into your butt =3

9. None, dun have a tier 9 yet... :(

10. Also no 10... :(

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

1. Erie. Cute boom boom boat. =3

2. Mikasa, for obvious reasons. =D

3. St Louis....obviously XD

4. Hmm....Ark B I think...

5. Texas and by default, New York lol

6. Arizona. Yes I know she's not released yet, but bugger that, shes my gal ^-^

7. Colorado is really my only choice atm...none of my other tier 7s are very...erm... "OP" per say XD

8. Derpitz. Because Derpitz gonna derp torps into your butt =3

9. None, dun have a tier 9 yet... :(

10. Also no 10... :(

Too many premiums on your list in my opinion. 

Members
726 posts
1,805 battles

1. Hermelin: Dat AP!

2. Emden/Umikaze: Lot's of pew-pew's, or lots of torps. Can't decide wich, so tied.

3. Bogatyr: 1 of only 2 ships that's netted me a Kraken (6 kills, but still lost. Go figure).

4. Clemson: See above.

5. Furutaka: Citadels for miles!

6. Molotov: Because getting 80,000+ dmg and coming tops in a match where you played like a potatoe is totally balanced XP.

7. Blisca...Blyska...that Polish one: Because ~1km invisifire STOCK is totally NOT OP.

8. Atago: Because TAKAO!

9. -

10. -

Members
11,964 posts
6,273 battles

2.Emden

3.Bogatyr

4.Nikolai

5. Too many to have a favorite 

6. All 3 BBs

7.too many to have a clear favorite

8.Tirpitz

9.Fletcher

Members
1,360 posts

Me go go go!

1. Orlan. Because why not

2. Umikaze. Because this is a tier X down at tier II

3. Tenryu. A little tier III monster child with combined fun, effectiveness, and free soda

4. Kuma. Why would you not choose this. Kuma is the best thing to exist ever

5. Minekaze. There is literally nothing to not love about this little beast

6. Not applicable

7. Myoko/Nagato. Impossible to choose between them. Myoko's the last of the Japanese cruisers to either be effective by balance at it's tier, while Nagato is a large salt magnet

8. Fubuki. Remember the Minekaze? Strap more torpedoes onto it and it's basically the same

9. Kagero. Kagero is a point in the Japanese destroyers that has such a hidden lesson in it that it's so easy to mark off, but is actually one of the most effective ships that can show up in a match tier for tier

10. Not applicable. Tier X gameplay hardly qualifies as gameplay

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Well the ones I've played since the game went to release

1. Erie - I really disliked most of the Tier 1 ships, I think I hated the Erie the least. :p

2. Sampson - Tough choice between her and the Umikaze. Sampson can better defender herself against other DDs though, which is my preferred style of play along with having decent torpedoes.

3. South Carolina - Might be one of the most underrated ships in the game. I also really don't like the older style cruisers without the "real" turrets we see on the ships that served in WW2.

4. Clemson - Might be one of the most ships in the early tiers.

5. Texas - Wonderful ship. As a BB she's a bit inferior to the Kongo, but no CV will ever touch you.

6. Warspite - I may not play her a lot since release, but I do actually really like her. I just have a problem with my brain screaming "progression!" :p I really don't like the New Mexico, and the Cleveland's arcs are much too floaty for my tastes.

7. Indianapolis - I really wanted to put the Pensacola here, because she is AMAZING. However, her concealment and lack of radar makes the Indy the clear winner. I think the Pensacola is the ship I most enjoyed playing.

8. Tirpitz - Kind of the same situation as the Warspite for me. I love her, but I don't play her a lot. The New Orleans is the only ship I've played at this Tier since OBT ended outside of the Tirpitz. I honestly did enjoy my time as the New Orleans, but after Tier 7, the American cruisers feel very at the mercy of their team to win games. 

9. Baltimore - The only Tier 9 I currently have since CBT. You CAN do well in the Baltimore, but there is nothing really special about her in ship to ship combat. Plus you now see Tier 10 that much more, meaning you'll be facing Zao's, and Tier X battleships as well as having to deal with stupid torpedo walls from DDs of all nations who are many, many grid squares away.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

1. Hermelin: Dat AP!

2. Emden/Umikaze: Lot's of pew-pew's, or lots of torps. Can't decide wich, so tied.

3. Bogatyr: 1 of only 2 ships that's netted me a Kraken (6 kills, but still lost. Go figure).

4. Clemson: See above.

5. Furutaka: Citadels for miles!

6. Molotov: Because getting 80,000+ dmg and coming tops in a match where you played like a potatoe is totally balanced XP.

7. Blisca...Blyska...that Polish one: Because ~1km invisifire STOCK is totally NOT OP.

8. Atago: Because TAKAO!

9. -

10. -

I personally hated the Emden and sold it because of the weird gun arc. Seriously, it first fires straight up into space, and does a reentry into the atmosphere. Never seen anything like it except with one of the Bogatyr's guns.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

Too many premiums on your list in my opinion. 

And the problem with that? I fail to see whats wrong with wanting to collect and play premiums and finding them more enjoyable to play more than tech tree ships?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

And the problem with that? I fail to see whats wrong with wanting to collect and play premiums and finding them more enjoyable to play more than tech tree ships?

This is exactly my point. I'm assuming you like those ships because they are good ships. Well judging by the fact that you have so many premiums on your list, it makes it seem like premiums are more powerful than regular ships. This would make it a pay-to play game, wouldn't it? 

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,596 battles

1-2: none

3. St. Louis

4. Phoenix

5. Murmansk, but Texas has been great to me so far

6. Fuso

7. Nagato

8. Tashkent

9. Iowa

10. Hindenburg....followed closely by Yamato....I only have 2 :teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

This is exactly my point. I'm assuming you like those ships because they are good ships. Well judging by the fact that you have so many premiums on your list, it makes it seem like premiums are more powerful than regular ships. This would make it a pay-to play game, wouldn't it? 

Lol, do not take ME liking a premium as it meaning the ship is OP. I suck at this game XD I just like how certain ships play is all. 

I mean, have you EVER heard of the Mikasa being OP? =P Or the ArkB? And I haven't even BOUGHT the damned Arizona yet XD

Seriously, just because someone likes a ship more than another, does NOT mean its any good, premium or not. Maybe its play style just clicks with them better? Doesn't make it OP. =)

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Lol, do not take ME liking a premium as it meaning the ship is OP. I suck at this game XD I just like how certain ships play is all. 

I mean, have you EVER heard of the Mikasa being OP? =P Or the ArkB? And I haven't even BOUGHT the damned Arizona yet XD

Seriously, just because someone likes a ship more than another, does NOT mean its any good, premium or not. Maybe its play style just clicks with them better? Doesn't make it OP. =)

OK, that makes sense. I just thought people liked OP ships. 
  • Cool 1

Members
248 posts
9,559 battles

OK, that makes sense. I just thought people liked OP ships. 

​Two people on a forum just resolved a misunderstanding in a civil manner. Surreal.
  • Cool 4

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

​Two people on a forum just resolved a misunderstanding in a civil manner. Surreal.

:)
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
471 posts
12,596 battles

Darn it. Was hoping for some popcorn. :(

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

=O Holy crap! You're right!

Shoot, I need to fix this! :amazed:

Uh uh! Aduial! Um...uh.. **** you, you uh... no...avatar...er....scrub...brush..thing...

Was that better? That felt...dirty... :unsure:

this is just a joke btw, plez no burning... :hiding:

You're cool Aduial, just poking a bit of fun lol ^-^

Edited by Kitsunelegend

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,087 posts
30,863 battles

Tier III:  Derzki!

Tier IV: N/A

Tier V:  Gnevny

Tier VI:  Fuso

Tier VII:  Atlanta (Love & Hate affair)

Tier VIII:  Undecided... Too many good ships at VIII.

Tier IX:  Iowa

Tier X:  Is there any doubt???

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
21 posts
5,666 battles

II. Umikaze - It's not seal clubbing, it's a public service:  Teaching new players about torps.

IV.  Isokaze - just a really good ship, even in a tier 4-6 battle.

V. Minekaze - more IJN DD fun, this ship slightly gets the edge from me over the close second Kongo.

VII. Mahan - US dd's come into their own at tier 7, really able to hold her own against what ever she comes across.

VIII. Benson - Just a beastly destroyer.  Slight edge over the Fubuki for me, but 2nd place to Fubuki.

IX. Fletcher - like a Benson on steroids.  I don't fear any other tier 9 ship in the Fletcher.

X. Shimakaze - a full spread of torps never ceases to put a smile on my face!  Plus, it's fast and stealthy.  Just a great dd.

As you can tell I like destroyers :D 

Members
997 posts
2,054 battles

I) Orlan

II) Dresden - A tier II Atlanta

III) Tenryuu

IV) Clemson - Svetlana is a close second

V) Furutaka

VI) Farragut

VII) Atlanta - Pretty much everything else in this tier is a close seconds for me. Except Hatsuharu, I hate that thing

VIII) Tirpitz

IX) N/A

X) N/A