Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ExplosiveDumpling

My wonderful Budyonny

17 comments in this topic

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

MGtue6k.jpg

Picture is a tad old but is still my best match since it's the ship that got my commemorative flag.

Note: It was another Budyonny that killed me.

Edited by ExplosiveDumpling

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,087 posts
30,863 battles

Best Tier VI Cruiser in the game, IMO.  Good armament, good handling, good protection.  Simply a solid all around Cruiser.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

Best Tier VI Cruiser in the game, IMO.  Good armament, good handling, good protection.  Simply a solid all around Cruiser.

It's my go to ship for ranked matches, and it has never failed me. I can duke it out against a Molotov and Cleveland no problem.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

I've mentioned this before but it's kind of sad that ships that never existed or were not finished are almost universally the best ships in their tier. I don't mind these ships and like seeing them in the game but I feel like the real ships like aoba, iowa, north carolina, mogami, desmoines, and cleveland could do with a bit less of a historical nerfing so they can compete better against them. that's just my opinion though. 

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

The Budyonny is just a comfortable ship with me. I haven't gotten to the Cleveland yet but from what I hear it has very deep plunging arcs in terms of gun battery and it's quite the firestarter.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

The Budyonny is just a comfortable ship with me. I haven't gotten to the Cleveland yet but from what I hear it has very deep plunging arcs in terms of gun battery and it's quite the firestarter.

You have to give it DE first, but yeah, she does start a lot of fires when you build it to do so.  The bigger problem is landing the hits in the first place.  The arcs are easily the worst part about the Cleveland, you have to nearly lead outside of your crosshair in order to hit targets at beyond 10km let alone your max range of 14.6.

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

You have to give it DE first, but yeah, she does start a lot of fires when you build it to do so.  The bigger problem is landing the hits in the first place.  The arcs are easily the worst part about the Cleveland, you have to nearly lead outside of your crosshair in order to hit targets at beyond 10km let alone your max range of 14.6.

Well then I think that's why the Budyonny is considered the king of Tier 6 cruisers because of its rail guns. Her citadel is easier to hit but us players who have been playing it for so long know how to counteract that. Not to mention she moves like I'm having the best sex in the world.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,087 posts
30,863 battles

To add, the flip side to Cleveland is while she's frustrating at extended ranges to hit targets, in 10km or less, she's very dangerous.  The ROF is of course fast but her AP will jack up any Cruiser.  I sear her AP hits harder than what her "155mm" says.  It also makes engaging DDs easier with HE.  The trick is getting into that optimal firing range without getting blown out of the water.  Her turret traverse is also pretty "meh" considering these are only 155mm guns.

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

To add, the flip side to Cleveland is while she's frustrating at extended ranges to hit targets, in 10km or less, she's very dangerous.  The ROF is of course fast but her AP will jack up any Cruiser.  I sear her AP hits harder than what her "155mm" says.  It also makes engaging DDs easier with HE.  The trick is getting into that optimal firing range without getting blown out of the water.  Her turret traverse is also pretty "meh" considering these are only 155mm guns.

I'm already having second thoughts of getting the Cleveland thanks to your words.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

I'm already having second thoughts of getting the Cleveland thanks to your words.

I got my first of 2 Witherers in her without DE or fire flags if that helps convince you to give her a shot...

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

I love the Budyonny

Do you have any idea how many citadels my Aoba has scored off of these things?

8in AP loves them... :D

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

I love the Budyonny

Do you have any idea how many citadels my Aoba has scored off of these things?

8in AP loves them... :D

Do you know how many Aobas I have destroyed with my Budyonny?

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

Solid cruiser. Does all roles well. Although I prefer the Molotov for DD killing and sheer gun power. The laser like 180's put a hurtin on DD's fast at 12km and under. That extra killing power lets you kill then a little quicker

Bud guns are good, good enough to pen almost all cruisers and many BB's. I think I get more citadels in the Budyonny than Molotov simply for the fact that the 180 AP Over Pens a good bit on lower tier cruisers. 

I find with both of them you catch cruisers at 15-16km with a spotter and whack em for multi citadels. I double citadel-ed  a poor Indy 2x at 16km with spotter

Xh7wGfb.jpg

Too bad your fires didn't do more damage, you could have gotten around 150-160 damage. I have been really learning to damage BB's with these VMF Shells. Light fire, let em put it out and start a new barrage of HE. Even holding fire sometimes to get out out detection range, reposition and repeat. My BB Kills have been increasing as well as damage

Members
294 posts
3,839 battles

Solid cruiser. Does all roles well. Although I prefer the Molotov for DD killing and sheer gun power. The laser like 180's put a hurtin on DD's fast at 12km and under. That extra killing power lets you kill then a little quicker

Bud guns are good, good enough to pen almost all cruisers and many BB's. I think I get more citadels in the Budyonny than Molotov simply for the fact that the 180 AP Over Pens a good bit on lower tier cruisers. 

I find with both of them you catch cruisers at 15-16km with a spotter and whack em for multi citadels. I double citadel-ed  a poor Indy 2x at 16km with spotter

Too bad your fires didn't do more damage, you could have gotten around 150-160 damage. I have been really learning to damage BB's with these VMF Shells. Light fire, let em put it out and start a new barrage of HE. Even holding fire sometimes to get out out detection range, reposition and repeat. My BB Kills have been increasing as well as damage

The Budyonny is a fast girl and can chase enemy DDs with little problem. That is why I prefer her over the Molotov. Her guns may not be 180s but they are still amazingly good.

Members
381 posts
5,656 battles

I agree, Fast ROF and laser straight. Although Molo has better top end but worse turning rate I believe and with CE her detect is 11.2 (Bud is similar I think)... That allows you to spring a lot of surprises. I alternate between them a lot and they are both fine ships. 

I Played the Kutuzov since her first release and found that I fell right into playing them both with a similar style.

Sign in to follow this