You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Madwolf05

I finally found out why there's a mod to remove Chat

9 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

I was trying to explain to 3 players why it was a bad idea to bring a Myogi (Tier 4) and a St. Louis (Tier 3) into a Tier 7 battle with their friend the Myoko. That MM didn't work like that, and that's why they got stuck in our battle. They weren't upset about it, pretty nice conversation actually.

Then some guy butts in and yelled at me, and told me to let them play the game how they want...

I mean... I was helping... and getting sunk in a St. Louis by a North Carolina wasn't apparently very fun for the St. Louis.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alpha Tester
17,510 posts

you were cursed at by someone on your team

but not in the questionable division

wonder if he had his medications changed recently

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles
zuSq7f8.jpg

[B_O_W]
Members
432 posts
6,818 battles

I find that it is when you get 2/3/4/5 of those same people arguing and filling the chat with vile that the mod can be nice, though often the disable messages can be enough for that.

I mostly only disable chat entirely whenever I have my family around when I am gaming.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,578 battles

Honestly, there are times when I disable chat when absolutely nothing offensive is being said.  Say what, you ask?  I've had battles where players on the two teams seem to think that ALL chat is General chat in the port and talk non-stop about whatever non-sensical thing that comes to mind, completely drowning out any attempts to communicate about the actual friggin' battle.  And they just will not stop!!!  At that point, the only thing left to do is to turn off chat entirely, because frankly, it gets annoying having the chat  window never going away on the left side of the screen and being filled with utter nonsense.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I was trying to explain to 3 players why it was a bad idea to bring a Myogi (Tier 4) and a St. Louis (Tier 3) into a Tier 7 battle with their friend the Myoko. That MM didn't work like that, and that's why they got stuck in our battle. They weren't upset about it, pretty nice conversation actually.

Then some guy butts in and yelled at me, and told me to let them play the game how they want...

I mean... I was helping... and getting sunk in a St. Louis by a North Carolina wasn't apparently very fun for the St. Louis.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yeah this happens every time i tell a fail-division to stop fail-divisioning. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,901 posts
8,973 battles

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BLASPHEMY!

You can never NOT have fun in a St Louis. 

Members
397 posts

Honestly, there are times when I disable chat when absolutely nothing offensive is being said.  Say what, you ask?  I've had battles where players on the two teams seem to think that ALL chat is General chat in the port and talk non-stop about whatever non-sensical thing that comes to mind, completely drowning out any attempts to communicate about the actual friggin' battle.  And they just will not stop!!!  At that point, the only thing left to do is to turn off chat entirely, because frankly, it gets annoying having the chat  window never going away on the left side of the screen and being filled with utter nonsense.

I totally agree.