Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BrainzO_O

[Ranked] How many ranked do you play each day?

39 comments in this topic

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

Around 10 battles for me. Too intense, not much fun, and the waiting time...

1 sec late clicking "start battle", and I got this:

61sD3al.png?1

Can we get rank 1 players back in the pool?

I mean, for example, let them participate R2-5 battles, they won't lose a star on defeat, but will get some rewards for a victory, like flags/consumables. 

[SKD]
Members
68 posts
7,324 battles

5-10 a day.  Play in the AM EST and so far (rank 12 - 7) wait times have been light.

I like your idea in any case.

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

I've given up on ranked battles.  They've become rather unfun to me.

As for wanting rank 1 players allowed in the rank 2-5 pool, I'd say no.  It sounds to me like you want them to carry you to rank 1. 

• Cool 1

[SKD]
Members
68 posts
7,324 battles

I've given up on ranked battles.  They've become rather unfun to me.

As for wanting rank 1 players allowed in the rank 2-5 pool, I'd say no.  It sounds to me like you want them to carry you to rank 1. 

More like more people playing in the pool will reduce wait time.  14 mins for a game isn't exactly fun now is it?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

only on weekend.  :)    I just had a match where  NM driver was whining about bad DD .  lol.   he died quick and  I basically sank both kievs on enemy team.  (thanks to hatsu on my team though and bit of luck.  sorry porkening )         DDs carried his sorry [edited]and was 1,2  for xp .   

Edited by centarina
  • Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Either none or a couple, can't deal with the potato teams I've been getting.

I just want to get to rank 9 at this point.

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

5-10 a day.  Play in the AM EST and so far (rank 12 - 7) wait times have been light.

I like your idea in any case.

stars for early bird :D

Hmmm didn't see that coming... Well, they may carry you, but they can also be on the enemy team... and they can also compete for the "best loser" which makes it even harder to save your star on a loss... So... I don't quite see a free ride...

More like more people playing in the pool will reduce wait time.  14 mins for a game isn't exactly fun now is it?

Yeah that's what I was thinking about.

only on weekend.  :)    I just had a match where  NM driver was whining about bad DD .  lol.   he died quick and  I basically sank both kievs on enemy team.  (thanks to hatsu on my team though and bit of luck.  sorry porkening )         DDs carried his sorry [edited]and was 1,2  for xp .   

You'll see 5 DDs or even more on each team soon...

I play about 10 in a session, but I wait as much as 20 minutes between games.

You need to sync with other players XD  If you click start battle right after finishing one, you may have a chance to get into another very soon.

[B_O_W]
Members
432 posts
6,818 battles

between 2 and 20 a day thus far.  It depends on how much time I have and as soon as I find it causing me too much stress then I usually quit for the day.

... I have been stuck between rank 9 and 7 for the last ~40 games.... W/L/WW/LLL/WW/L/W/L/WWW/LL/W/LL......

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

Yes - wait time in R5-2 is killing ... it should be R -1/+1 at least so R6 can play with R5.

And we are fighting ex-teammates again again and again in those battles...

Either none or a couple, can't deal with the potato teams I've been getting.

I just want to get to rank 9 at this point.

between 2 and 20 a day thus far.  It depends on how much time I have and as soon as I find it causing me too much stress then I usually quit for the day.

... I have been stuck between rank 9 and 7 for the last ~40 games.... W/L/WW/LLL/WW/L/W/L/WWW/LL/W/LL......

Maybe try BBs? I remember seeing lots players showing full broadsides to BBs at those ranks... yummy yummy...

Members
198 posts
3,613 battles

today I played three and lost all of them so I took a short break then came back and won four in a row got to rank 14 , that will do for today

[BONKS]
Members
1,738 posts
19,994 battles

Around 10 battles for me. Too intense, not much fun, and the waiting time...

1 sec late clicking "start battle", and I got this:

61sD3al.png?1

Can we get rank 1 players back in the pool?

I mean, for example, let them participate R2-5 battles, they won't lose a star on defeat, but will get some rewards for a victory, like flags/consumables. 

Sorry, but I do not think other rank 1s are interested in playing in the 5-2 pool... I would much rather get battles started in the rank 1 pool 

Alpha Tester
1,178 posts
4,895 battles

I stopped playing ranked at 15 when i got to where I needed for the Midway Flag. There is just too much trouble and frustration to keep going.

Members
71 posts
10,768 battles

Has any rank 1 even tried playing a round of super league? Season will probably end before enough people rank out and even if they do getting such a small amount of players to field a 7v7 seems rather difficult.

Edited by SavingJ

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

Zero.  

And so it shall remain.

sad

today I played three and lost all of them so I took a short break then came back and won four in a row got to rank 14 , that will do for today

that happened a lot... trying to get back the stars earned yesterday XD

Sorry, but I do not think other rank 1s are interested in playing in the 5-2 pool... I would much rather get battles started in the rank 1 pool 

I wonder how many people would like to play rank 1 after reaching there...

I stopped playing ranked at 15 when i got to where I needed for the Midway Flag. There is just too much trouble and frustration to keep going.

yeah it feels less rewarding

whatever needed to go from 10 to 11, back to 10.

XD

sometimes it's hard to get back the lost stars...

Has any rank 1 even tried playing a round of super league? Season will probably end before enough people rank out and even if they do getting such a small amount of players to field a 7v7 seems rather difficult.

Is there any reason to play ranked after reaching rank 1? Seems no extra rewards...

[AN2AC]
Beta Testers
8,181 posts
5,593 battles

So far, I've been doing spurts of 4-5 games. After the 5th game I find that I start to get overly annoyed and then start tilting. In smaller bursts my winrate is significantly higher. 

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

If things are going well I keep playing until they stop going well:) 10-20.

If things aren't going well maybe 3-5.

It's pretty much the exact same way I play blackjack....

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

So far, I've been doing spurts of 4-5 games. After the 5th game I find that I start to get overly annoyed and then start tilting. In smaller bursts my winrate is significantly higher. 

That's a good idea, I just can't stop when winning or losing stars in a row...

If things are going well I keep playing until they stop going well:) 10-20.

If things aren't going well maybe 3-5.

It's pretty much the exact same way I play blackjack....

I made a big mistake yesterday and lost all stars I earned in last 2 days =_= I should learn when to quit like you...

[SYN]
Members
5,953 posts
13,855 battles

My rules when playing Ranked Battles:

1.  Keep playing Ranked Battles until my team loses or until I reach the next rank up.  Once either of these happen, stop playing Ranked Battles for the day.

2.  If I'm the team's top XP earner on a losing Ranked match, continue as though it wasn't a loss.

3.  If the first Ranked match played results in a loss and I am not the top XP earner on the team, stop playing Ranked for the day.

4.  At all costs, avoid playing Ranked Battles during the weekends.  Especially on Sundays.

Currently at Rank 10 / No Stars.  Highest attained was three stars at Rank 10, and have been busted back down to Rank 11 on two occasions.

Members
3,010 posts
10,193 battles

I had to stop due to the FPS stuttering/rubber banding since the patch. Tried a fresh client install, ensured my drivers are up to date (even for my mobo), rebooted my router/modem *just in case*, still didn't help. Played one game last night though in hopes of performing "somewhat up to par", nope. Was one of those matches where the ships were really bad with regards to "starting and stopping" (even though everything states it's normal IE FPS and ms 71-76 FPS and 31-36ms).

So ya, still no word from WG even though there are quite a few people reporting a problem on the forums with this. Guess I'll have to wait and see, but any hopes of ranking out for my first time are gone. lol Not going to push myself and hatch the PC over days lost ya know. It is what it is, there's always next season.

Members
708 posts
8,324 battles

My rules when playing Ranked Battles:

1.  Keep playing Ranked Battles until my team loses or until I reach the next rank up.  Once either of these happen, stop playing Ranked Battles for the day.

2.  If I'm the team's top XP earner on a losing Ranked match, continue as though it wasn't a loss.

3.  If the first Ranked match played results in a loss and I am not the top XP earner on the team, stop playing Ranked for the day.

4.  At all costs, avoid playing Ranked Battles during the weekends.  Especially on Sundays.

Currently at Rank 10 / No Stars.  Highest attained was three stars at Rank 10, and have been busted back down to Rank 11 on two occasions.

Yeah #4 don't play ranked during weekends... Last weekend people started killing teammates intentionally in ranked... in R5-2 battles =_=

I had to stop due to the FPS stuttering/rubber banding since the patch. Tried a fresh client install, ensured my drivers are up to date (even for my mobo), rebooted my router/modem *just in case*, still didn't help. Played one game last night though in hopes of performing "somewhat up to par", nope. Was one of those matches where the ships were really bad with regards to "starting and stopping" (even though everything states it's normal IE FPS and ms 71-76 FPS and 31-36ms).

So ya, still no word from WG even though there are quite a few people reporting a problem on the forums with this. Guess I'll have to wait and see, but any hopes of ranking out for my first time are gone. lol Not going to push myself and hatch the PC over days lost ya know. It is what it is, there's always next season.

It's quite funny that they fix problems for some people while creating for others... For me, more time is needed to load a match after they "improved load time"...

Sign in to follow this