Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tedbearsurvivalist

Russian or Japanes destroyers

9 comments in this topic

Members
58 posts
2,047 battles

Hello

I have a friend who is new to the game

He is wondering if he should go Russian or Japanese destroyers. I know there have been recent updates and nerfs/buffs. Which are better for what?

Thanks

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Japanese DDs - Stealthy and use torps a lot, guns are good but not the best.

Russian DDs - Bad detection but great guns, torps get better at Tier 8(Full upgrade) to Tier 10.

Vat do you dink? Vill you pe stealthy and uze torpetoes or vill you ko in guns blasing? It's all about blaystyle. (lol germanize)

Members
528 posts
5,835 battles

I would say to go with the IJN because their concept is easier, he just need to know 2 things:

1 - The detection range on the ship that he's playing

2 - The range of his torpedoes

The soviets are a little more complex because you have to know when / where to shoot and dodge shells at the same time.

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

My suggestion is start with the IJN then move to the RU once you get the concepts down. Also, be sure to have your friend look at some of the great guides and videos availabe. 

[KITSU]
Beta Testers
741 posts
3,879 battles

Russian DDs - Bad detection but great guns, torps get better at Tier 8(Full upgrade) to Tier 10.

Vat do you dink? Vill you pe stealthy and uze torpetoes or vill you ko in guns blasing? It's all about blaystyle. (lol germanize)

Practicing for the German DD line? :D

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

bout right except the Germiniztion is off... by quite a bit.

Now that they have the detection range circle, IJN is likely the better/easier since you can better stealth torp. but thats just my opinion.

Beta Testers
318 posts
11,933 battles

If they choose to go IJN DD make sure that they don't fall into the habit of never using their guns. I've lost games because of IJN dd's that refused to shoot something to reset a cap or kill a low HP ship. Knowing when and where to use their guns is what makes a great IJN dd IMO.

Sign in to follow this