You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Aivris

One Giant Zucchini!

42 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

This is probably the most off-topic thread I have ever made, but last night, I came across the biggest zucchini I have ever seen. I took a photo of it beside a can of creamed corn for size comparison. The zucchini was about 40cm long. Just look at how big it is!

7xUvOpw.jpg

I did some research, and apparently they can grow to 2-3 feet in length! Absolutely stunning!

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

Was expecting Ishizuchi, was disappointed 

• Cool 2

0 posts

:hiding:Where did you find it exactly? where you in a store or market when you noticed it? 

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Zucchini OP. Please nerf

• Cool 5

Members
713 posts

I picked an 8 inch long cucumber from garden day before yesterday, it's like 0.5 inches smaller than a zucchini it grew next to. Pic is on my phone if any interested (zucchini, cuke, and ruler) I can post it.

The cuke is from seeds my grandparents left in their freezer in the early 1980's and have since thawed at least once when I was working out of town a couple months and came back to find my new freezer had lost it's electronic control to a power surge. Took 3 months+ to get the rotted meat/fish/chicken/pork smell out.

Picked 8 more cukes today all about 6 inches long. Got a fridge full of pickles, sweet, sour, hot, sliced into discs, logs, sticks....did ya know even hogs will NOT eat cucumbers?

[NDA]
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

Here I thought I was going to be reading a thread about the Ishizuchi. I was disappointed.:(

Well, I did post this in the off-topic section. :P

:hiding:Where did you find it exactly? where you in a store or market when you noticed it? 

I stopped by at a friend's place to drop something off, and saw it there. She told me that her parents had bought a box of zucchinis at a farmers market earlier in the day.

I picked an 8 inch long cucumber from garden day before yesterday, it's like 0.5 inches smaller than a zucchini it grew next to. Pic is on my phone if any interested (zucchini, cuke, and ruler) I can post it.

The cuke is from seeds my grandparents left in their freezer in the early 1980's and have since thawed at least once when I was working out of town a couple months and came back to find my new freezer had lost it's electronic control to a power surge. Took 3 months+ to get the rotted meat/fish/chicken/pork smell out.

Picked 8 more cukes today all about 6 inches long. Got a fridge full of pickles, sweet, sour, hot, sliced into discs, logs, sticks....did ya know even hogs will NOT eat cucumbers?

Yes please, I'd like to see!

Members
6,589 posts
8,581 battles

Did you place it behind your cat?(if you own one)

Edit: Shorter compilation from Imgur:

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

[ARMDA]
Members
9,004 posts
6,506 battles

Here I thought I was going to be reading a thread about the Ishizuchi. I was disappointed.:(

:D:P

Zucchini OP. Please nerf

:D:D

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

This one's for Niko.

By0Shvs.jpg

The prophecy states that the only thing more powerful than a Corgi God... is a giant zucchini.
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

Did you place it behind your cat?(if you own one)

Edit: Shorter compilation from Imgur:

Ahahaha! That's adorable! Why are cats so afraid of zucchinis? :D

This one's for Niko.

[snip]

The looks on the corgis' faces! The zucchini is evil!!!! x3

Members
713 posts

Per request:

I could probably enter the "Build a USS Texas outta something" using my cukes....hrm, ideas

Edited by tortelloni

0 posts

Ahahaha! That's adorable! Why are cats so afraid of zucchinis? :D

The looks on the corgis' faces! The zucchini is evil!!!! x3

It probably reminds of something dangerous, perhaps a deadly creature like a snake? 

[HINON]
Beta Testers
3,931 posts
8,150 battles

It probably reminds of something dangerous, perhaps a deadly creature like a snake? 

It's actually to do with the fact that they just don't know what it is, and a zucchini being placed behind them is the last thing they would expect.

0 posts

It's actually to do with the fact that they just don't know what it is, and a zucchini being placed behind them is the last thing they would expect.

I'm guessing once they get used to the sight of it, they won't be as scared of it anymore? 

I can understand why, being that small, seeing a giant object suddenly appear behind me would be a bit jarring... 

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,442 battles

Actually, if you find yourself walking in the woods at night, and you smell the distinct odor of cucumber, you can bet there's a rattlesnake very nearby.

[MELON]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,219 posts
3,917 battles

All this zucchini talk but none about pickles? I'm disappointed.

Members
713 posts

Never ate a pickled zucchini.

I have some of those too (pickled zucchini that is). smh   My green thumb yields me a plethora of garden goodies. I make squash bread out of zucchini, use them in salads, bake them, fry them, boil them, use them in spaghetti, pizza, saute in butter with garlic, onion, fresh grated nutmeg, and freeze them too for same stuff all year long.

Now I have some acorn squash and pumpkins, some watermelon, and bell and banana peppers, tomatoes, yellow crooked neck squash too. 

P.S.

Pickling is super easy btw. Boil some apple cider vinegar (or any other vinegar) with sugar and salt and whatever spices you enjoy (I usually use some dill, peppercorns, bay leaf...went a bit overboard on cayenne pepper 1 jar this year, yeeooow!). Inclusion of garlic in the pickling is what makes a pickle "kosher".

Edited by tortelloni

Alpha Tester
12,531 posts
11 battles

Yes, they can be found depending on how long they are left unpicked and how much you feed the plants of these Zucchinis. We used to grow squashes that big. 

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

The right conditions you can get a ton of these things.  Mother did it one summer.  I hate them.  But she had to chop them down and put them in ziplock bags and froze a bunch.  Filled a whole freezer.

Edited by Nachoo31

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

This is probably the most off-topic thread I have ever made, but last night, I came across the biggest zucchini I have ever seen. I took a photo of it beside a can of creamed corn for size comparison. The zucchini was about 40cm long. Just look at how big it is!

7xUvOpw.jpg

I did some research, and apparently they can grow to 2-3 feet in length! Absolutely stunning!

Holy shyte! I've grown some big zucchini at the urban garden at the school my dad works at, but that takes the cake.