Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

The Bogatyr never surrenders!!

9 comments in this topic

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,966 battles

I had this pretty epic game in my Bogatyr, and I have to say that it can be OP at times.

• Cool 1

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,781 battles

Only a little, I still curb-stomp the little buggers in my St. Louis.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I didn't like the Bogatyr. With all the comparisons to the St. Louis, I expected something like it, but the Bogatyr falls short. Its guns don't hit hard enough and it can't take hits like the St. Louis can.

[NGA-A]
Members
2,654 posts
17,781 battles

I didn't like the Bogatyr. With all the comparisons to the St. Louis, I expected something like it, but the Bogatyr falls short. Its guns don't hit hard enough and it can't take hits like the St. Louis can.

Yeah Russian CAs are pretty hit-or-miss. Some of them just can't hit hard enough to make up for their bad armor. If you hated the Bogatyr, then you'll loath the Kirov. While the guns pack a decent punch, it has no armor and a painfully slow reload for its tier. Me, I'm loving the Budyonny. Despite only having six-inch guns, they are great at citadeling enemy cruisers and they fire nice and fast.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Bogatyr still outperforms the St. Louis, and it's hands down a better ship. God I still remember all the threads on how OP the Bogatyr was during the first week it was out.

[SFBBW]
Beta Testers
1,325 posts
10,907 battles

Russian St Louis my backside - and yeah, I used to have the same opinion - more like a Tier 3 pre-nerf Cleveland. Those 130's can make full use of BFT, EM, and AFT - or with a base 9% fire chance, DE. I've had games, sans DE, where I've gotten double digit results as far as the number of fires started. With a fully skilled captain, this thing is an outright seal clubber.

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Yeah Russian CAs are pretty hit-or-miss. Some of them just can't hit hard enough to make up for their bad armor. If you hated the Bogatyr, then you'll loath the Kirov. While the guns pack a decent punch, it has no armor and a painfully slow reload for its tier. Me, I'm loving the Budyonny. Despite only having six-inch guns, they are great at citadeling enemy cruisers and they fire nice and fast.

I love the Kirov. Every cruiser it faces melts away in a puddle of citadels.

[56TH]
[56TH]
Members
310 posts

the Booger is glorious.

I love that thing, I bought an extra port slot to keep her around. Fun to get into a do some seal clubbing from time to time.

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,966 battles

Only a little, I still curb-stomp the little buggers in my St. Louis.

But against any other ship, you shouldn't have too many problems (unless they are higher tier than you).

Sign in to follow this