You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
President1

Thank You Wargaming!!!!

6 comments in this topic

Members
96 posts
3,289 battles

My god. its finally happened! WG has buffed the Iowas guns so shes more accurate :D shes faster by a couple kts and that's awesome! But, the only thing i have to say that's somewhat negative about the ship is that the AA is just a tad OP. it didnt really need to be buffed in 5.6 But i wont complain :p But for the first time ever while playing a wargaming game i want to say Thankyou Wargaming :)  Thankyou for listening and moving to the tune of your players!! now all we need is to make the IJN BBs a bit better (excluding the Yamato) especially at tier 9. i dont have the Izumo, i have never played the Izumo but i have destroyed numerous Izumos and i can say that they dont seem too much like they stand out in any way. Hopefully no one will try to flame in the comments of this post about which side is better but im just saying that i think all ships in the same tier should be on par with each other in their respective designation

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Always a matter of viewpoint, I have the izumo and never played iowa and I always thought it was iowa who was weak haha. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Always a matter of viewpoint, I have the izumo and never played iowa and I always thought it was iowa who was weak haha.

Izumo definitely seems to be the weaker of the two. Same role, both bow on BBs with 3x3 16" guns. Izumo just has trash AA, a far inferior turret arrangement, atrocious dispersion, and is slower.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
322 posts
4,470 battles

Izumo definitely seems to be the weaker of the two. Same role, both bow on BBs with 3x3 16" guns. Izumo just has trash AA, a far inferior turret arrangement, atrocious dispersion, and is slower.

Izumo's dispersion is significantly better than any of the USN BBs past Colorado, including Iowa. Though I can agree with the rest of your post.

[SALVO]
Members
28,061 posts
41,726 battles

Also, while the Izumo's turret arrangement is difficult to use at times, it does have the silver lining advantage that having the 3 turrets grouped so closely together means that when fired together, the entire 9 shell volley should be more tightly grouped together than you'd see from a 2 turret up front and 1 rear turret setup.  I'd still prefer having the Iowa's turret arrangement, but I guess that I'll take whatever silver lining I can get.  (I suppose that the Nelsons will have the same problem/silver lining as well.)

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

240m vs 272m, Izumo vs Iowa respectively, so Izumo's got the upper hand on dispersion by quite a margin. I haven't played either, but I can only assume that Izumo's sigma value must be pretty horrible then?