Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
aether_tech

The Power of Stalinium Compels Victories - Udaloi 200k

14 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/10171

#9 NA Top Damage

Almost had [a bit] more damage but I messed up at the end and got killed by a Laser Beam Accuracy Montana Charging Muh Smoke.

I probably would have gotten Kraken , if only people would stop kill securing all my victims.

mrMEMfe.jpg?1 

8tMr98X.jpg?1

Ign62ug.jpg?1

SIjXyD2.jpg?1

Edited by aether_tech

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

Nice game!

[BOTES]
[BOTES]
Members
198 posts
12,201 battles

avh05bM.jpg

You'll grown up to be a good Kbob, just don't expect that your team mates to be good.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

You'll grown up to be a good Kbob, just don't expect that your team mates to be good.

Nice, 5 more shell hits would have made an even 700. 

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

Just got my Khab two games after the 200k game.

First game in it, I got 2925 experience, 3 kills, 64k damage. Because I hunted down and brutally murdered two enemy destroyers, and half an Essex. It was also a tier 10 match, and I wanted to stay far the [edited]away from the two enemy Zaos, a Hindenberg, an Ibuki and a US DM, and RUS DM. [edited]that, I'm going the other way. Also, the BB's got wrecked so fast I couldn't even get more than a few fires the entire game.

[RLGN]
Members
19,161 posts
35,195 battles

I see games like these and just shake my head... At my own lousy shooting, and at the enemy.... What the flip were they doing while someone was pouring hundreds of rounds of accurate fire into them...? Sitting down and drinking tea?

How do I get games where the whole enemy team is made up of Cap'n and Goldfish?

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

I see games like these and just shake my head... At my own lousy shooting, and at the enemy.... What the flip were they doing while someone was pouring hundreds of rounds of accurate fire into them...? Sitting down and drinking tea?

You mean Cap'n? Cuz Goldfish seems to know what it is doing. 

[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
3,804 posts
6,762 battles

Usually pouring tons of fire back at me. But I have AFT which helps a lot. Most of my enemy teams are full of good players and most of my teams are full of rotting potatos...I do what I gotta do to win.
Edited by aether_tech

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,175 posts
30,926 battles

Russian DDs are simply one of those ships that if working in conjunction with other ships, especially BBs, CAs, they're a PITA.  Do you devote your attention to that Russian DD at 14km away accurately hitting you with frequent fire, setting fires, or those high tier BBs / CAs that will delete you the moment you show a broadside in trying to deal with that Russian DD?  It's made even worse since Udaloi is a PITA to hit if she's playing her distance+speed+gunfire spam game.

[RLGN]
Members
19,161 posts
35,195 battles

Russian DDs are simply one of those ships that if working in conjunction with other ships, especially BBs, CAs, they're a PITA.  Do you devote your attention to that Russian DD at 14km away accurately hitting you with frequent fire, setting fires, or those high tier BBs / CAs that will delete you the moment you show a broadside in trying to deal with that Russian DD?  It's made even worse since Udaloi is a PITA to hit if she's playing her distance+speed+gunfire spam game.

Various things have prevented me from experimentally checking this out very much; but the few games I've played in my Gnevny using the 'Russian DD as a mini-cruiser shooting from longer than normal DD ranges,' since finally making myself aware of the possibility, have shown me an inkling of how effective doing so really is... Now if I can just get my hit rate up...

[AA-DS]
Members
979 posts

I've watched almost all your recent Udaloi replays since i have it myself now, boy if i could have half as good games..

[NNC]
Members
1,186 posts
22,147 battles

I love my Udaloi, while not as stellar I had one game today with 255 gun hits, 82k damage, no torps but a few came close, it was a good one.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,175 posts
30,926 battles

Various things have prevented me from experimentally checking this out very much; but the few games I've played in my Gnevny using the 'Russian DD as a mini-cruiser shooting from longer than normal DD ranges,' since finally making myself aware of the possibility, have shown me an inkling of how effective doing so really is... Now if I can just get my hit rate up...

You'll get used to the lead you have to do.  What's going for you is that Russian DD guns have good velocity and the lowest DD gun arcs in the game.  Problematic hitting DDs at the longest of ranges but it becomes stupidly easy to hit Cruisers, BBs, CVs.  The ROF is fast enough (not USN fast) that you can walk your shots.  If you play the speed+distance+gunfire spam game, there are only really 2 general threats:

1. Bombers - Traditional bane of DDs, but it stands out badly for Tashkent, Khabarovsk since they have horrible rudder shift.  But Udaloi at least can "dance" since she is what I like to call the "Tier IX Kiev but with better torps."

2. The long range, low shell arc, high shell velocity Cruisers.  Russian & German Cruisers are dangerous to you if the player is competent with their aim in those ships.  Schors in particular (which Udaloi can still face) is deadly.  It has all the characteristics I said that are dangerous for DDs, but on top of all that, she has 12 guns.  That is a lot of high velocity, accurate shooting shells, on a fast reload, coming a DDs way.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Sign in to follow this