You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Turbotush

Losing Ranked on purpose

26 comments in this topic

[TWFT]
Members
1,767 posts
46,003 battles

Had a player lose on purpose.  First it nearly killed me, I could not believe what he did nor what he said.  It upset me so much that I almost want to name and shame him and dam the consequences.  Second, WG, don't ever say to me that you care about the reports that are given you regarding "plays poorly".

It was the typical morning Ranked Battle, my team fought as well as we could and I don't remember anyone being upset at anyone else in the chat.  It came down to 2 players a DD on our team with 1/2 health, and a CA on the other team with 30 HP.............30........HP....1 efin shot.    The DD found the CA 2 min before game was to end.  The DD just got him in range when all of a sudden he turns in the other direction.  The team asked what was he doing!  He replies "the other team deserves the win, you all played like S$&@ers".  My heart sank, it was just unknown to me that someone could do that.  We all burned him in the chat and told him we are reporting him.

Big deal!  He was in the next battle!  It was all I could do not to TK the azz, but that would only hurt my team!  It was the hardest match I ever played and I don't even remember If we won.  Hell I don't even remember queuing up!  I just played like a Bot, doing the best I could always looking at the non-human jerk that was on our team regardless of all our reports.

That killed me.  Not the players actions, that I may not understand, but at least he was up front about his lack of honor and being an coward elitist d-bag.  No, what killed me was how WG lets pigs like this destroy everyone else's play and get away with it.  He was not a bad player!  But what he did was unconscionable!  I can handle a player that is bad, hell that usually is me!  Bad players can get better, potatoes can grow (I'm prof of that).

Look WG, I know we are being "played" by you to squeeze as much money out of us as you can, I am actually ok with that to a point, that's just business.  I have shelled out waaaaay to much money getting ready for Ranked, buying ships, premium consumables and converting XP....etc...etc.. only to be disappointed in not only my sub-par play, but also how you set it up and screwed it for us average players (didn't you guys have some type of revaluation about elitists jerks or something?).  Now with what happened in this match, when the entire team all reports a player because of something like this and you do noting I can only say you have failed to live up to your obligation to us. 

I will now, not spend anymore money on this game.  I have all the ships I want, and I have never had a problem earning enough credits to pay for my high tier play.  I will not shell out a boat load of cash (yes I am making a pun even though I am so upset, I could beat my computer with a baseball bat and be happy) to get ready for Ranked Battles, and I am doubtful I will play the next season, but I will continue this season to it's end because I just don't know when to give up. 

Shame on the player that did this, you are a special kind of jerk, and shame on you WG, you let me down.

I'm so upset I didn't even take a screen shot, but with everyone reporting, do we need to?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,203 posts
15,770 battles

Screen shots and report the slug. Even if your team did play like potatoes it is up to the enemy team to prove it.

Alpha Tester
11,714 posts
24,171 battles

Every single match that starts and you see all your support ships heading to a wall looking for a window to lick until the DD die.

Every single match that has cruisers further away from the enemy then every other ship on their team.

Every single match that has a DD fighting for his cap yet his team is so far away, hiding from combat they can't even shoot at the ships that are firing at the only ship on their team in combat.

They are losing on purpose.

Nothing you can do about it, don't let it drive you crazy.

They are fighting the others on their team, in addition to the red team.  They don't have teams it's just them.  They might be from areas that endorse lack of morality or ethics, let alone critical thinking or reasoning skills.  They might think it's normal to have a lack of moral awareness.

Nothing you can do about it. 

Don't let them drag you down to their level.

Life can get a lot worse if you lose your integrity and it matters.

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

Submit Screenshot and Replay to support. Battle rigging is bannable. 

• Cool 2

[IRONX]
Beta Testers
199 posts
9,428 battles

I also want to know how many people have to report someone before something is done. Had almost (but not quite) the same situation happen in ranked.

Members
2,709 posts
17,651 battles

Can you PM me the name so I'll know who to look for (not that it matters as I can't do anything about it)?

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

Sounds like he made have had a buddy on the other team he was trying to help out.  Sorry you had such a bad game, hope they get better for you.  Ranked Battles ends the 29th right?

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

Sounds like he made have had a buddy on the other team he was trying to help out.  Sorry you had such a bad game, hope they get better for you.  Ranked Battles ends the 29th right?

Think it's the 18th of July. Is why I'm just trying to do a Rank a Day or so, if I lose more than 1 in a row without taking top score. Stop.

Something I should have started doing from the start without being so stubborn over it.

Edited by Sakuzhi

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

Yeah getting rid of toxic players either through WGs efforts or allowing the player base to police their own or a combination of the both is one of my requirements before they ever see a dime from me. 

And it can easily be done. All you have to do is provide greater rewards for producing positive results toward the win and greater punishments for lack of production. Griefers will be unable to grief players who care enough to be good (the ones most affected by griefers) because griefers would never get far in ranked or even high enough in tier. 

Griefers would troll other griefers in their sandbox of delinquents and casual players who if they were truly casual as they claim, they shouldn't care about griefers as much as they don't care about winning. 

Sure this would hurt average players from reaching top rank for example but rank means absolutely nothing if 'average' can get you to the top, but if you put average effort into something, you deserve average rewards, not exceptional ones. If there are 20 ranks, average should cap you at around ten. Don't like it, petition Websters to change the definition of average, or rank.  That's how the universe works, just because it's a video game doesn't mean the natural laws of the universe don't apply. That's a lie often perpetuated by the weak minded. 

• Cool 1

[QC103]
Beta Testers
1,395 posts
16,457 battles

Think it's the 18th of July. Is why I'm just trying to do a Rank a Day or so, if I lose more than 1 in a row without taking top score. Stop.

Something I should have started doing from the start without being so stubborn over it.

Ok thanks, for some reason the 29th got stuck in my head.  The one a day thing sounds like a good plan, may start that tonight after work.

Members
4,533 posts
18,504 battles

Second, WG, don't ever say to me that you care about the reports that are given you regarding "plays poorly".

That report only effects Karma. the only one that has an consequence is the Misbehavior in chat where if you get too many you get a 24hr chat ban by the system, not a GM.

[HFNP]
Members
169 posts
15,642 battles

I have long desired more specific reporting options. "Plays poorly" could mean they just play like a noob, or they deliberately sabotage the team. I don't play WoT, but I understand from those who do that the reporting pricedure is MUCH more detailed on there. Same company, so don't tell me they can't incorporate the more detailed system. Why should I make an ingame report, then have to file a support ticket to report a player? I will at least give WG a little credit. The mute/ignore feature is perfect for the trolls. And then, when someone does make very violent threats, or even gives away friendly positions, etc, they get banned for a day. 1 day ( I know because it happened, the person I reported came onto one of my forum posts to complain that they got banned for 24 hours )

BUT....... when I complain in comms about how bad someone plays..... I get banned by the system for 24 hours automatically without human intervention. Just interesting how players who try get punished, and trolls get rewarded.

[1A2A]
Members
44 posts
7,137 battles

I try not to let any of this bother me. I also try to engage the other team. However a high number of times the ships who were following and assisting seem to evaporate ( turn around)  then I die by having multiple enemy ships hit me. It is the nature of the game. I say GAME because that is what it is. I still enjoy the game but are spending less on it until the release more ships ( British all types and german bbs etc) Enjoy the game and try to ignore those who try to ruin it for the rest of us. BUT, REPORT them and hope wows does something.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

with small number of ranked player between R10- R2  is big issue.  765 players with big chunk at R10.  

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Screenshot and report, do it in a replay if you didn't do it while in the actual game. I feel you, and find it outrageous that happened. Griefers are one of my most hated things in a competitive game, I'll be upset but overall not get too hung up over it in random battles, but ranked? WG should really bring down the hammer for things like that in ranked.

• Cool 1

[HFNP]
Members
169 posts
15,642 battles

Screenshot and report, do it in a replay if you didn't do it while in the actual game. I feel you, and find it outrageous that happened. Griefers are one of my most hated things in a competitive game, I'll be upset but overall not get too hung up over it in random battles, but ranked? WG should really bring down the hammer for things like that in ranked.

Personally, I played a very small amount of ranked this season.... might not even do ranked anymore..... the reason?

I LOST positions. This season I was in 2 winning battles total. 2. Losses? Lost count. I'm sure the stat is there, but it was MANY more above and beyond the wins. And I jsut know that some CBT/OBT/ST/WGBN will say it is because I'm jsut a crappy player. I'm not saying that 49% win rate is great, but really? The quality of players in ranked is lowering to a point that it is getting as bad as Random. What rare times I have gotten a teamwork team, it was maybe 4 members and it wasn't the ones that could provide the most assistance (Clevelands not lending AA support to anyone, CVs not even running a single fighter squadron, DDs that refuse to scout/spot enemy) Then these same players call the rest of the team noobs and losers. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Personally, I played a very small amount of ranked this season.... might not even do ranked anymore..... the reason?

I LOST positions. This season I was in 2 winning battles total. 2. Losses? Lost count. I'm sure the stat is there, but it was MANY more above and beyond the wins. And I jsut know that some CBT/OBT/ST/WGBN will say it is because I'm jsut a crappy player. I'm not saying that 49% win rate is great, but really? The quality of players in ranked is lowering to a point that it is getting as bad as Random. What rare times I have gotten a teamwork team, it was maybe 4 members and it wasn't the ones that could provide the most assistance (Clevelands not lending AA support to anyone, CVs not even running a single fighter squadron, DDs that refuse to scout/spot enemy) Then these same players call the rest of the team noobs and losers.

Why I don't play ranked much. And when I do play it, I don't expect to have fun, I go into it with the mindset of "im trading an actually fun gaming experience for rewards, such as signals, camos, etc.". Also brace yourself for teammates who have lived their entire lives in a Siberian salt mine.

[HFNP]
Members
169 posts
15,642 battles

I had the distinct pleasure not long ago of playing a Random with one of the greats: business6. Was an awesome game. I was in a Colorado on the new Estuary map (love that map, btw) Remember, I'm in a Colorado. I was coming in to protect the friendly cap south, with an enemy DD jsut east side of the center island. He fired torps..... MANY torps. out of all of them I took  torp total. Got some decent shots off on the DD, but was overwhelmed by the CV (multiple bomber squadrons). Point being..... It isn't your average player who avoids DD torps in a Colorado. Can't tell you how many times I die defending the cap with no or only little help. especially when I see the cao coming, request help in chat, and 3 minutes later find myself at times 3 on 1 while the team sails the other direction. If it wasn't for a few technical difficulties, I wish I could ranked with the ones here.... sounds like a group that plays like a team.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Ranked really require different mindset.  you need to bring your best ship for domination mode and bring your best game.  for me, this was US DD once I got to 15.  it took me15 matches at 15 to figure this out, but once I settled, I got to 11 quick.   sometimes, finding the ship/play style  that works can be very tough and  just playing like random will be a drag.      at R10, the competition will stiffen up as well, so need to get to next level,  which is why I haven't done it. (with reward being meh at 10)

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

It sucks when players throw battles but I'm not sure blaming WG is appropriate. Perhaps we could have a system to help hold them accountable but in reality there is only so much you can do from a gaming company perspective.

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

Had a player lose on purpose.  First it nearly killed me, I could not believe what he did nor what he said.  It upset me so much that I almost want to name and shame him and dam the consequences.  Second, WG, don't ever say to me that you care about the reports that are given you regarding "plays poorly".

It was the typical morning Ranked Battle, my team fought as well as we could and I don't remember anyone being upset at anyone else in the chat.  It came down to 2 players a DD on our team with 1/2 health, and a CA on the other team with 30 HP.............30........HP....1 efin shot.    The DD found the CA 2 min before game was to end.  The DD just got him in range when all of a sudden he turns in the other direction.  The team asked what was he doing!  He replies "the other team deserves the win, you all played like S$&@ers".  My heart sank, it was just unknown to me that someone could do that.  We all burned him in the chat and told him we are reporting him.

Big deal!  He was in the next battle!  It was all I could do not to TK the azz, but that would only hurt my team!  It was the hardest match I ever played and I don't even remember If we won.  Hell I don't even remember queuing up!  I just played like a Bot, doing the best I could always looking at the non-human jerk that was on our team regardless of all our reports.

That killed me.  Not the players actions, that I may not understand, but at least he was up front about his lack of honor and being an coward elitist d-bag.  No, what killed me was how WG lets pigs like this destroy everyone else's play and get away with it.  He was not a bad player!  But what he did was unconscionable!  I can handle a player that is bad, hell that usually is me!  Bad players can get better, potatoes can grow (I'm prof of that).

Look WG, I know we are being "played" by you to squeeze as much money out of us as you can, I am actually ok with that to a point, that's just business.  I have shelled out waaaaay to much money getting ready for Ranked, buying ships, premium consumables and converting XP....etc...etc.. only to be disappointed in not only my sub-par play, but also how you set it up and screwed it for us average players (didn't you guys have some type of revaluation about elitists jerks or something?).  Now with what happened in this match, when the entire team all reports a player because of something like this and you do noting I can only say you have failed to live up to your obligation to us. 

I will now, not spend anymore money on this game.  I have all the ships I want, and I have never had a problem earning enough credits to pay for my high tier play.  I will not shell out a boat load of cash (yes I am making a pun even though I am so upset, I could beat my computer with a baseball bat and be happy) to get ready for Ranked Battles, and I am doubtful I will play the next season, but I will continue this season to it's end because I just don't know when to give up. 

Shame on the player that did this, you are a special kind of jerk, and shame on you WG, you let me down.

I'm so upset I didn't even take a screen shot, but with everyone reporting, do we need to?

You should have taken a screen shot AND sent it and a replay to customer support.  Don't expect those in-game reports to do anything.

[SALVO]
Members
28,054 posts
41,689 battles

It sucks when players throw battles but I'm not sure blaming WG is appropriate. Perhaps we could have a system to help hold them accountable but in reality there is only so much you can do from a gaming company perspective.

I would only consider blaming WG if the OP had sent a screen shot and a replay to customer support and they did nothing.  But expecting them to do anything based on a forum post or an in-game report is pointless.

[TNG-2]
Members
127 posts
38,832 battles

............ Also brace yourself for teammates who have lived their entire lives in a Siberian salt mine.

:D:medal: