Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
1Sherman

Today's already a good day.

8 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I just got to Rank 16 today, which means that I just got 24 hours of prem time. I also finally got AFT on my Warspite's captain. However, those aren't the best parts. The best part is what comes with the premium account, aka this -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnIw9sJwm54&index=45&list=LL1bVgl6gqnTZwuuxHs3Uhvw

Some of the best video game music EVER.

[NG-NL]
Members
7,140 posts
12,577 battles

Good for you!

I haven't really bothered returning to Ranked yet though my Cleveland's basically outfitted but for the gun upgrade that requires B hull. Worth it or no? I found it awkward to have a cruiser w/ no torps.

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Good for you!

I haven't really bothered returning to Ranked yet though my Cleveland's basically outfitted but for the gun upgrade that requires B hull. Worth it or no? I found it awkward to have a cruiser w/ no torps.

I think the gun upgrade is semi useful. I basically start playing the Cleveland like a battleship at that point. 

Edited by saagri

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Good for you!

YES. Get the extra guns on the Cleveland. B Hull has better AA and the upgraded guns have a better chance of actually hitting stuff.

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

Lol torps are not needed on cruisers in ranked.

I've played my Aoba in ranked and gotten to 16 yesterday(averaging about a match per day since I started last week, not going at it crazy), and I've been using almost my guns exclusively... It works brilliantly.

[RLGN]
Members
19,160 posts
35,195 battles

Good for you!

Worth it? Your kidding, right? Pretty much +50% traverse time for just a 2-second decrease in loading time and no increase in base damage? Not worth it in the least. I consider being able to keep the guns on target while maneuvering more important than a piddling increase in loading speed.

(edit) I thought you meant the main battery upgrade on B-hull, if you mean the hull upgrade itself, then yes; THAT is worth it.

Got rid of ALL of my Turret modifications for gun loading speed because of that. A personal example is Des Moines; the reload speed mod had the turret 180 at about 35 secs. Without it it was 26 seconds... all for a lousy .5 second increase in reload speed.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[-FBS-]
Members
2,646 posts
4,290 battles

Worth it? Your kidding, right? Pretty much +50% traverse time for just a 2-second decrease in loading time and no increase in base damage? Not worth it in the least. I consider being able to keep the guns on target while maneuvering more important than a piddling increase in loading speed.

(edit) I thought you meant the main battery upgrade on B-hull, if you mean the hull upgrade itself, then yes; THAT is worth it.

Got rid of ALL of my Turret modifications for gun loading speed because of that. A personal example is Des Moines; the reload speed mod had the turret 180 at about 35 secs. Without it it was 26 seconds... all for a lousy .5 second increase in reload speed.

Sometimes you just need more Dakka.

[RLGN]
Members
19,160 posts
35,195 battles

Sometimes you just need more Dakka.

Oddly enough, some of my better performers (at least to me, if not in reality,) are ships with 'More Dakka...' Emden, Dresden, St Louis, the cousins of Omaha, Atlanta... one or two of my USN DDs...

Sign in to follow this