Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DasBootcamp

Legit compliments to IJN DD players that know detection ranges.

4 comments in this topic

[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,190 battles

I was playing in my Farragut in a Domination Game on Bees to Honey. I tried to take C but most of their forces slowly crept north while we took A in a 5/7 split. A Fubuki was leading the scouting efforts for their team. He personally screened off our Hatsu out to B9 and I was in smoke on C. I knew it was a now or never chance to B line it out of there so I went for it keeping my smoke between me and the enemy team thinking it would stop the Fubu from spotting. Nope. He played his detection range perfectly somewhere to the north and the rest of his team rained death on me. It was probably one of the best DD plays I have seen in a while. He never shot, didn't waste torps, and didn't get too close even with me trying to find him. I doubt he even had to burn his Engine Boost since I was swerving so much.

As mentioned in another thread about "spotting damage", it's players like that who deserve it. He then solo capped C while screening our Hatsu even further north completely taking him out of the game and got a full drop on our Colorado. It was absolutely disgusting play.

I did pretty well yesterday too as you can see in my WTR, but players like that make me ok with my yellow win rate. GG sir, you are an example to all IJN DD players. I cannot remember your name, even though I looked up your stats.

Edited by GG_Bootcamp

[RLGN]
Members
19,163 posts
35,195 battles

Well, your own spotting range is easier to see and work with after 0.5.6, but it still takes knowing what the enemy's is and skilled maneuvering to skirt those narrow windows to best effect. Hats off to your opponent.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[A-D-F]
Members
7,877 posts
43,460 battles

I always give a rec to these good players, who know how to do it well.

I never fail to give a rec to a CV driver who keeps DDs lit till dead or they bug out of the area (me included).

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,519 posts
5,338 battles

I'm definitely in favor of anything that rewards players for team play. It's all about getting the win.

Sign in to follow this