Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
steelreserv27

Best Ships for Ranked Season 4

50 comments in this topic

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Myoko and Nagato, that's just my opinion. 

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

I've always liked my Pensacola. How come you didn't say anything about it?

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

I've always liked my Pensacola. How come you didn't say anything about it?

3. No torps

2. High Spot Distance

1. It is too easy to citadel!!!!

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,114 battles

i agree with most of this. I would have added the Sims in as a Gunboat since it sports Fletcher guns. Good video for sure. Good job on pronouncing Blys. Though the wica gets a lot of vee-cha.

• Cool 1

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

i agree with most of this. I would have added the Sims in as a Gunboat since it sports Fletcher guns. Good video for sure. Good job on pronouncing Blys. Though the wica gets a lot of vee-cha.

I left out the Sims because the lack of torp speed on the 9.2 ones.  Ive seen players make it work though for sure.

I dont always get ship pronunciations right, but I love the Blys its history and the ferocity of the Polish sailors and pilots who fought for the UK during WWII.  The least i could do is try my best to pronounce it.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,030 battles

Before I watch: 

Myoko

Nagato

Polish lightning 

Russian T7s

Mahan

[A-D-F]
Members
7,876 posts
43,380 battles

As I mentioned online, agreed.

For me:

#1 Blyskawica

#2 Shchors

#3 Myoko

#4 Colorado

#5 Nagato

Had the most success in Ranked with the Polish Lightning so far.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

For me, the Myoko and the Fuso.

Myoko is able to easily set things on fire with its powerful guns, and a competent player will make sure not to expose their big juicy citadel. Also, two long range quad-torpedo launchers per side.

Fuso because it has four more guns than the Nagato, and a longer firing range.

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

Before I watch: 

Myoko

Nagato

Polish lightning 

Russian T7s

Mahan

we're on the same page.  I have to say that my subs are the smartest subs.

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

For me, the Myoko and the Fuso.

Myoko is able to easily set things on fire with its powerful guns, and a competent player will make sure not to expose their big juicy citadel. Also, two long range quad-torpedo launchers per side.

Fuso because it has four more guns than the Nagato, and a longer firing range.

The Fuso is a legitimate dark horse.

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,151 battles

Ahh... Blyskawica... how you disgust me.... Get called awesome all you want, but you're nothing but a White Elephant to me...

Guess that's what I get for not having the patience to play the same ship again, and again, and again, ignoring the first win bonus possibilities of my other ships, until my arms cramp and fall off. Maybe I'd think better of it if I had...

...but then, playing for first win bonuses instead of experience in a single ship (or ships,) is why I don't have any in-game credit issues. :B

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

Ahh... Blyskawica... how you disgust me.... Get called awesome all you want, but you're nothing but a White Elephant to me...

Guess that's what I get for not having the patience to play the same ship again, and again, and again, ignoring the first win bonus possibilities of my other ships, until my arms cramp and fall off. Maybe I'd think better of it if I had...

...but then, playing for first win bonuses instead of experience in a single ship (or ships,) is why I don't have any in-game credit issues. :B

I go for first win bonuses too...

if you're having trouble with the Blys...try this..

Singling out enemy DDs, take as many HP as you can, if the enemy has support, turn away pop smoke (so its behind you and you dont p in and out) and most importantly...never stop moving if enemy DDs are around, even in smoke.  Hit & run tactics!!!

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

Myoko and Nagato, that's just my opinion. 

It'll take the Indianapolis over the Myoko given that BBs are capped at 2 a match and it's more capable of bullying other Cruisers.

Members
1,049 posts
2,585 battles

It'll take the Indianapolis over the Myoko given that BBs are capped at 2 a match and it's more capable of bullying other Cruisers.

You know, the Indy was potentially my #3.  Its radar is a positive.  But as you climb the ranks, and players are aware of its tricks it loses its effectiveness.  But you can always find an island that is within 8km of a cap, and light up DDs.  Otherwise, you are out in the open ocean and BB steadily become better shots...

[WG-CC]
-Members-
385 posts
4,941 battles

Considering the first person to hit rank one this season was using a Sims, I feel it should be mentioned. I am using mine and to great success.  The torps though slow, are incredibly trolly and catch other DDs off guard SO much. 

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

You know, the Indy was potentially my #3.  Its radar is a positive.  But as you climb the ranks, and players are aware of its tricks it loses its effectiveness.  But you can always find an island that is within 8km of a cap, and light up DDs.  Otherwise, you are out in the open ocean and BB steadily become better shots...

Well, Radar is handy. And BBs do that to all Cruisers, the Indy is shorter than the myoko.. And more importantly has a better bow-on firepower.

As well as being able to citadel any cruiser bow-towards or otherwise helps a lot. Then it also has two consumables, so you can still have AA Bubble.

Finally, it has more range than a Myoko and dodging BB rounds at 15-16km isn't too terrible while firing back.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

The Fuso is a legitimate dark horse.

Yup. Rank 9, 34 battles played with my Fuso at 74% win rate. Wahaha! >:3

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

I personally enjoy using the Yorck (got me to T9...work has prevented me from playing more).  It's pretty tough if angled, has good range, decent HE, OP german hydro, usable torps, and silly AP up close (OM NOM NOM, Myokos).  Its problems are its turning, acceleration, and spotting distance.  Also, the turrets actually turn, unlike Myoko.  I couldn't get Myoko to work for me...but Yorck is one of my favourite ships right now, and I do very well in it in general.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,642 battles

I left out the Sims because the lack of torp speed on the 9.2 ones.  Ive seen players make it work though for sure.

The slow torp speed is the best thing about them, along with the fast reload. 

Launch wide spreads at the enemy. If they don't get spotted, you have a chance to hit them with one. If they do, people overestimate their speed and sail in nice straight lines for your team to hit. People also don't like to push that area, even if the chance of a hit is low.

Worked great in season 2.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

Bullying other CAs is probably the least important task for a CA. I am sure you would be successful in most CAs you choose. Personally I found the myoko to be very effective being able to devastate DDs even with just one salvo with good AP and torps that I have found to be very effective this season. The 10 km torps can effectively force people to stop pushing a cap and are deadly to BBs that try and push into many of the caps because of the geography. 

I find the myoko to be more deadly vs BBs and DDs while having AP that is very much under rated. Plus IJN HE is totally balanced...

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,151 battles

I go for first win bonuses too...

if you're having trouble with the Blys...try this..

Singling out enemy DDs, take as many HP as you can, if the enemy has support, turn away pop smoke (so its behind you and you dont p in and out) and most importantly...never stop moving if enemy DDs are around, even in smoke.  Hit & run tactics!!!

Trying what I've read about and been successful with in Gnevny seems to have helped, (mini-cruiser at a longer range, 10k-ish,) but HnR has always been my weak point...

Alpha Tester
6,683 posts
3,338 battles

Then you're going to HATE this -> http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/82761-my-best-blyskawica-game-ever-or-let-the-galaxy-buuuuurn/page__p__2064118#entry2064118

Also, how to git gud in the Blyskawica.

1: Equip the following upgrades: Man Armaments 1, Aiming Systems 1, Damage Control 1, Rudder Shift.

2: Take the following captain skills

Tier 1= BFT for faster reload and Situational Awareness for obvious reasons.

Tier 2= Expert Marksman for MLG quickscope and Last Stand to keep moving.

Tier 3= Superintendent for extra smoke and speed boost or Vigilance if you're a torpedophobe.

Tier 4= AFT for better stealth fire and/or DE to burn EVERYTHING.

Tier 5= CE for better ninja-vanishing.

3: Use the following flags: Juliet Charlie, November Foxtrot, Sierra Mike, Victor Lima, India X-Ray, Juliet Whiskey Unanone, India Yankee, India Bravo Terrathree.

4: Equip premium consumables. Extra smoke and speed will save your life.

5: Use the camo that comes with the ship. It lowers your detection range to 7.5 km, allowing you to stealth torp.

6: Play as a ship that can engage at all ranges. Stealth fire as much as possible, but if your target is distracted, close in and burn them to the keel.

If you have teammates nearby, pop smoke, sit in it, and burn everything down. If you are alone against multiple enemies, stealth torp and fight a retreating battle. NEVER engage radar cruisers alone. Be careful when up close with USN DDs because it's the only place that USN DD guns can hit anything. Use your consumables wisely. Keep AA off unless in the open with planes in range.

7: ?????

8: Profit

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

Bullying other CAs is probably the least important task for a CA. I am sure you would be successful in most CAs you choose. Personally I found the myoko to be very effective being able to devastate DDs even with just one salvo with good AP and torps that I have found to be very effective this season. The 10 km torps can effectively force people to stop pushing a cap and are deadly to BBs that try and push into many of the caps because of the geography. 

I find the myoko to be more deadly vs BBs and DDs while having AP that is very much under rated. Plus IJN HE is totally balanced...

The problems with the Myoko and the reason I dislike them are pretty severe.

1) Slug like Turret Traverse with overall poor angles to get your broadsides.

2) Poor Forward firing arcs, (Better rear ones granted) 

3) Torpedoes are angled backwards, not Forwards.

4) It is long with a wide turn radius 160m wider than the Indianapolis

5) The AP between the two (in terms of damage) is pretty much the same (unless you want to argue about 100 damage more and no, I didn't hyperbole), but you get all 9 guns on target easier with the indy, as well as the penetration value is better. 

It's Pros of 

1) Torpedoes

2) Better HE

3) Slightly faster 

don't outweigh them, to me.

As for Bullying other CAs not being important...well

When you play ranked when I do, it's 2 BBs, 2 maybe 3 DDs (most of the time it's 1 to 2 a side) and the the remaining 2 to 3(or 4) slots are cruisers. When you can handle (easily) everything that isn't a BB, as well as that Radar..well

The mere threat of it is enough to keep mindful DDs away from you, or they simply won't pop smoke...in which case  you keep them spotted anyway). 

Then there's also the matter that the Indiana's AA is far superior to the Myoko's for helping out BBs.  

When you drop a 3 citadel shot onto a Myoko that thought they were safe at 15-16km and take them out of being effective for the rest of the battle..you'll get why I like the Indy.

That said, the Myoko does fine. The biggest thing about the Indy is that it can outright abuse a Myoko, and Myokos are really one of the most Common Cruisers that I've been seeing.

When I get out of the nose-bleeds and the Cruiser population reduces I'll consider another ship, until that point..

..eh...

Edited by Sakuzhi

Sign in to follow this