You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dimensional_Drift

Montana-buff needed

105 comments in this topic

Members
56 posts
506 battles

When going 1 v 1 with a Yamato, the Montana always loses, no matter how the player angles in the Montana, since Yamato can overmatch the Montana's armour. Shall WG buff the Montana's armour so that it can no longer be overmatched by the Yamato's shells?

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Use HE on Yamato. And stay away from secondary range.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Keep in mind you're facing off against the largest caliber weapons ever mounted on a naval vessel, what do you expect. Also, WG will probably not mess with BBs until KM line is released, once there are 3 BB lines WG will have a better idea on how ships should be performing.

Edited by goldeagle1123

[STEC]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
6,122 battles

Players: "Yamato's overmatch mechanic makes it really hard to actually fight one using a Montana. Would you buff Montana a little bit?"

WG: "But Montana has best alpha in game. There is no problem. Is balanced."

Players: "Okay, how about nerfing Yamato a little bit?"

WG: "Yamato has best guns. Is ultimate battleship killer. No nerf needed."

Players: "But if you have a Montana on your team then the enemy has a good chance of having a Yamato. Are you saying it is okay for a battleship to effectively nullify another?"

WG: "Yes. Montana is cruiser killer."

Players: "That's dumb. The Yamato will just kill the Montana then become a cruiser killer when there are no more battleships."

WG: "Fine. We will buff Montana accuracy and speed. That will fix problem."

Players: "That doesn't fix the problem at all..."

I would not say that the Montana "always loses" (I have beaten Yamatos in my Montana) but it does have a disadvantage in that it has the go broadside to use its gun advantage. The Yamato may lose 33% of its firepower by sitting bow on but it has the armor to shrug off most damage and its guns don't care about your attempt to angle.

• Cool 5

[APOC]
[APOC]
Members
1,980 posts
7,100 battles

I personally hate the Montana but LOVE the Iowa. Yamato is just amazing. Now that I have both, I hope the Monty gets buffed and the Yam stays where it is so I can have two lolpen boats.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

The Yamato was historically the best BB ever built, so it should be the best ship in its class at its tier in a very clear manor. Just like the Baltimore, Des Moines, Midway, Essex, Cleveland, and Iowa are by far the best ships at their class tier.

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

The Yamato was historically the best BB ever built, so it should be the best ship in its class at its tier in a very clear manor. Just like the Baltimore, Des Moines, Midway, Essex, Cleveland, and Iowa are by far the best ships at their class tier.

1. Yamato is the best Battleship by Theory it has never truly been proven every battle that ship has been in almost always  ran away from. even the Japanese were saying that ship is such a waste because they were too afraid to put that ship on the line. And do to be extremely inferior damage control systems highly doubt that it was the best. And if Japanese was half as serious about anti air as usn she might have made her destination.

2. You lost all credibility when sad Baltimore was the best in tier not to mention the carriers.......

3.Yamato fanclub needs to get over themselves this is a game and there needs to be balance. This is not a simulator. Montana needs to be able to go up against Yamato without an uphill battle every time. All needs to happen is that overmatched mechanic needs fixed

• Cool 2

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

1. Yamato is the best Battleship by Theory it has never truly been proven every battle that ship has been in almost always  ran away from. even the Japanese were saying that ship is such a waste because they were too afraid to put that ship on the line. And do to be extremely inferior damage control systems highly doubt that it was the best. And if Japanese was half as serious about anti air as usn she might have made her destination.

2. You lost all credibility when sad Baltimore was the best in tier not to mention the carriers.......

Your grammar is atrocious, and I only mention this because it's actually hard to understand what your saying. And the Yamato was help in reserve much of the time because A. the threat of USN carriers and submarines, B. All of the early Guadalcanal operations, which was the heaviest BB on BB combat in the Pacific, was only undertaken by the Kongo-class battleships, because the Japanese needed something that was fast enough to bombard Henderson Airfield at night, and be out of range of carriers by day; and C. Because the Japanese were also holding her in reserve for the "decisive battle" that the entire Japanese naval strategy was based on, because theoretically, why put something at risk when you'll need at the deciding battle of the war? Also, the Yamato had a very good damage control team that was drilling constantly, especially before Ten-Go, seeing as how being foundered was unavoidable.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

3.Yamato fanclub needs to get over themselves this is a game and there needs to be balance. This is not a simulator. Montana needs to be able to go up against Yamato without an uphill battle every time. All needs to happen is that overmatched mechanic needs fixed

Guess you don't understand sarcasm

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

When going 1 v 1 with a Yamato, the Montana always loses, no matter how the player angles in the Montana, since Yamato can overmatch the Montana's armour. Shall WG buff the Montana's armour so that it can no longer be overmatched by the Yamato's shells?

Because I hate to inform you.

This game isn't about one ship vs another. it doesn't exist in a Vacuum.

Stop demanding that the Montana has to be par to the Yamato in terms of pure duel between each other and focus on other aspects.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
562 posts
3,511 battles

I think you missed his sarcasm...

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

Your grammar is atrocious, and I only mention this because it's actually hard to understand what your saying. And the Yamato was help in reserve much of the time because A. the threat of USN carriers and submarines, B. All of the early Guadalcanal operations, which was the heaviest BB on BB combat in the Pacific, was only undertaken by the Kongo-class battleships, because the Japanese needed something that was fast enough to bombard Henderson Airfield at night, and be out of range of carriers by day; and C. Because the Japanese were also holding her in reserve for the "decisive battle" that the entire Japanese naval strategy was based on, because theoretically, why put something at risk when you'll need at the deciding battle of the war? Also, the Yamato had a very good damage control team that was drilling constantly, especially before Ten-Go, seeing as how being foundered was unavoidable.

well I'm on my phone so grammar takes a backseat.

And I will say again it has never  been truly proven and this is a game not a simulator

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

I think you missed his sarcasm...

maybe I did but sarcasm don't always translate very well over forums

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

maybe I did but sarcasm don't always translate very well over forums

Maybe you should stop and think about it next time.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

well I'm on my phone so grammar takes a backseat.

And I will say again it has never  been truly proven and this is a game not a simulator

Then by your standards the Montana-class is even less "proven" because news flash, it was never even built.

Because I hate to inform you.

This game isn't about one ship vs another. it doesn't exist in a Vacuum.

Stop demanding that the Montana has to be par to the Yamato in terms of pure duel between each other and focus on other aspects.

They don't seem to be able to understand that ships have roles, everyone sees a Yamato and goes "ERMUHGOD A YAMMIE, MUST KILL IT" instead of thinking "Hmm im at a tactical disadvantage if I try to 1v1 this ship, maybe I should relocate and get some backup".

Members
20 posts
1,342 battles

Last I checked this is not a grammar class so zip your face. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Last I checked this is not a grammar class so zip your face.

I literally said I only I brought it up because it was difficult to understand him, your inability to hold an adult conversation has been noted though.

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

They don't seem to be able to understand that ships have roles, everyone sees a Yamato and goes "ERMUHGOD A YAMMIE, MUST KILL IT" instead of thinking "Hmm im at a tactical disadvantage if I try to 1v1 this ship, maybe I should relocate and get some backup". 

Remember, thinking is Hurd.

That said, I'm not against some adjustments being made to get the Montana's damage up a bit more, though I'd like to wait a few weeks to see how the new patch effects the numbers, if at all (as USN BBs got a bit of a bit in upgrades that the IJN Didn't). 

It's similar to. The Benson will rofl stomp the living crapout of a Fubuki 8 ways to sunday, and that's the trend for USN DDs against IJN DDs.

Does that mean that the IJN DDs need to be buffed?

In-Vacuum examples are insanely poor to try and build a case for a buff on.

Edited by Sakuzhi

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

Then by your standards the Montana-class is even less "proven" because news flash, it was never even built.

And yet despite what you say everything takes a backseat to balance. I don't care if you think what should be more powerful or not it's about balance this is a game. And your right the Montana what's never built but if she was she would be a bigger slower slightly bit more powerful iowa. But we will never know. Wish we had built 1 of them lol

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

And yet despite what you say everything takes a backseat to balance. I don't care if you think what should be more powerful or not it's about balance this is a game. And your right the Montana what's never built but if she was she would be a bigger slower slightly bit more powerful iowa.but we will never know. Wish we had built 1 of them lol

Not everything, some things are not considered balance factors. Namely Armor as an example of this.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

And yet despite what you say everything takes a backseat to balance. I don't care if you think what should be more powerful or not it's about balance this is a game. And your right the Montana what's never built but if she was she would be a bigger slower slightly bit more powerful iowa.but we will never know. Wish we had built 1 of them lol

Wrong, not how this game operates, it maintains many realistic aspects while trying to incorporate "balance" into it. Don't like that? Play a different game. And the Yamato isn't even unbalanced, Montana captains just refuse to stop trying to 1v1 it.

Members
2,072 posts
2,712 battles

I'd like to introduce Exhibit A as to why the Montana may very well not see a buff.

c54ddZv.png

Of course, this is under the assumption that WG mainly balances to the RU server statistics, so take it as you will.

Edited by Rion12
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
501 posts
3,962 battles

Wrong, not how this game operates, it maintains many realistic aspects while trying to incorporate "balance" into it. Don't like that? Play a different game. And the Yamato isn't even unbalanced, Montana captains just refuse to stop trying to 1v1 it.

Lol This Is A arcade Game... there is very very little that's realistic in this game

Beta Testers
7,130 posts
7,306 battles

Lol This Is A arcade Game... there is very very little that's realistic in this game

Minus you know, That the penetration values and systems that the game uses for them aren't too far off of realistic systems.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

I'd like to introduce Exhibit A as to why the Montana may very well not see a buff.

c54ddZv.png

Of course, this is under the assumption that WG mainly balances to the RU server statistics, so take it as you will.

Ninja'd, was about to whip out these stats.