You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
YoshiDino2004

Very Sensitive Auto-Warnings

43 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
493 battles

So, i was battling with my S.Carolina against 2 battleships and a cruiser, when suddenly...

"YoshiDino2004, Warning for friendly fire at ally DrWaffle_91":ohmy:

Now, i did NOT shoot him, but my secondary armament did! and i cannot even control my secondary armament!!!

I had the secondary armament on because as i noted i was battling a cruiser!:look:

Please WG, make your auto-warnings less sensitive!

• Cool 3

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

You can control your secondaries by pressing P

Thats [edited]and you know it. You should not have to be responsible for AI controlled guns. Secondary batteries should not fire when there is a friendly ship in their line of fire. As a captian you would not order a barrage of your 5" guns when you had another allied vessel directly in the path of those guns nor would your crew fire them. Why should I or anyone have to disable ALL your/my secondaries AND AA when there is a friendly that crosses in front of me/you. 
Edited by DrMacintosh
  • Cool 5

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

How about we just turn FF off. If i'm in a BB, and my secondaries are opening up, I need them in order to kill the DD that's trying to nuke me, or to set the enemy BB on fire that's reenacting 18th century ship combat with me. What I do not need is some cruiser sailing directly in front of me during the midst of this. And not to be punished because i'm focused on dueling the enemy at hand and didn't hit P fast enough. It's like that time that one dude posted on the forums about how his secondaries accidentally hit an ally 1 time, and then his ally full HP detonated. That's just f****** stupid.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

The better fix would be for the AI to be spatially aware of the locations of allied vessels and would allow or prevent the firing of secondary batteries when in line of fire towards a friendly. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

How about we just turn FF off. If i'm in a BB, and my secondaries are opening up, I need them in order to kill the DD that's trying to nuke me, or to set the enemy BB on fire that's reenacting 18th century ship combat with me. What I do not need is some cruiser sailing directly in front of me during the midst of this. And not to be punished because i'm focused on dueling the enemy at hand and didn't hit P fast enough. It's like that time that one dude posted on the forums about how his secondaries accidentally hit an ally 1 time, and then his ally full HP detonated. That's just f****** stupid.

I think friendly fire should exist in game, but oblivious AI gunners should not. Secondaries should be spatially aware of allied vessels to prevent such team kills that you are not responsible for. 
Edited by DrMacintosh

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

You know what OP meant.

Yeah, but it's the correct answer. The OP wants the secondaries to be working and to get the damage and kills from them for no work on his part, but as part of that you also get some team damage warnings and maybe turn pink. It's the price you pay for free xp.

No such thing as a free lunch. 

The AI has no spatial awareness. I have been torpedoed by a bot on my team less than a kilometer off my starboard bow that was firing at a ship off my port bow. They AI pays no attention to friendlies in their path. 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

The better fix would be for the AI to be spatially aware of the locations of allied vessels and would allow or prevent the firing of secondary batteries when in line of fire towards a friendly.

The problem with that is, that secondary dispersion is so atrocious it's not like being in the line of fire matters. Anyone with a 45 degree angle of the secondary guns location on your hull is at risk of being fired on.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Yeah, but it's the correct answer. The OP wants the secondaries to be working and to get the damage and kills from them for no work on his part, but as part of that you also get some team damage warnings and maybe turn pink. It's the price you pay for free xp.

The AI has no spatial awareness. I have been torpedoed by a bot on my team less than a kilometer off my starboard bow that was firing at a ship off my port bow. They AI pays no attention to friendlies in their path. 

So myself and all BB captains should be punished for using a game mechanic? Seems legit. How about we get spatially aware AI. Secondary batteries are a BBs only real counter to a DD because main armament is slow and inaccurate not to mention you need to have the right ammo loaded. Dont be butthurt, be objective. Without secondaries the BB class would become XP food for any CA or DD that decided to say hello. 

Edited by DrMacintosh

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Anyone with a 45 degree angle of the secondary guns location on your hull is at risk of being fired on.

Then code for that......... -_- 

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Then code for that......... -_-

Well WG is pretty adamant on not changing it's secondary coding, which is: "Make a line from the secondary gun to the target vessels center mass, at waterline" and that's how it aims.
Edited by goldeagle1123

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

Well WG is pretty adamant on not changing it's secondary coding, which is: "Make a line from the secondary gun to the target vessels center mass, at waterline" and that's how it aims.

Insert* Unless friendly ship is in path* It's literally that simple.  

A lot easier and more achievable than asking them to turn off friendly fire.......

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Insert* Unless friendly ship is in path* It's literally that simple.

A lot easier and more achievable than asking them to turn off friendly fire.......

I'm a long time veteran of the WoT Console forums. If we got FF turned off there we can do it here. And may I remind you why I said that wouldn't work?

The problem with that is, that secondary dispersion is so atrocious it's not like being in the line of fire matters. Anyone with a 45 degree angle of the secondary guns location on your hull is at risk of being fired on.

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

So myself and all BB captains should be punished for using a game mechanic? Seems legit. How about we get spatially aware AI. Secondary batteries are a BBs only real counter to a DD because main armament is slow and inaccurate not to mention you need to have the right ammo loaded. Dont be butthurt, be objective. Without secondaries the BB class would become XP food for any CA or DD that decided to say hello. 

How are you punished? It's just a warning

I am being very objective. The rules are very fair in this regard, which in my definition means applied the same way to everyone. Secondaries provide defense and XP with no effort or skill on your part. Why should they not have a downside?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

I'm a long time veteran of the WoT Console forums. If we got FF turned off there we can do it here. And may I remind you why I said that wouldn't work?

You did and it was quite irrelevant based on your example of a "straight" line. They try to aim in aim in a straight line, but in reality if they never go straight then they might as well not really be aiming that way now would they?

I would not go as far as to implement a 45 degree limit but I would implement a limit. 

Console is console and there is a reason why the servers a separate. Console can have mario bullets for all I care, it would mean nothing to the PC version and same goes for the FF implementation. For gods sake WoT Blitz has FF.  

Edited by DrMacintosh

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

How are you punished? It's just a warning

I am being very objective. The rules are very fair in this regard, which in my definition means applied the same way to everyone. Secondaries provide defense and XP with no effort or skill on your part. Why should they not have a downside?

You do know that your shells and torps have their trajectory and damage controlled by RNG which requires no skill or effort on your part either....... You can aim them, but after they leave your ship, its not you doing anything. You just get rewarded for what RNGesus decided to give you. The only thing different is that you did not directly fire them, so its half effort vs no effort. So saying effort is the bases for reward does not seem to hold up....at least to me. 
Edited by DrMacintosh

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

You do know that your shells and torps have their trajectory and damage controlled by RNG which requires no skill or effort on your part either....... You can aim them, but after they leave your ship, its not you doing anything. You just get rewarded for what RNGesus decided to give you. The only thing different is that you did not directly fire them, so its half effort vs no effort. So saying effort is the bases for reward does not seem to hold up....at least to me. 

So aiming guns and torpedoes takes no skill?

Effort is the basis for award. A player starts the game, goes AFK, and at the end gets xp. Should he? Most players say no. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

So aiming guns and torpedoes takes no skill?

Effort is the basis for award. A player starts the game, goes AFK, and at the end gets xp. Should he? Most players say no. 

I did say that they require some effort. Torps not really because you have a guide, but you can choose to not follow it. 

If a player goes AFK he is not going to do damage, (or at least he should not unless the enemy team is trash and gets within secondary range to try and kill him AND only as long as said ship has secondaries) and therefore wont be rewarded anywhere near as much as someone else who did anything. 

Edited by DrMacintosh

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

A player starts the game, goes AFK, and at the end gets xp. Should he? Most players say no. 

Wow, that like 10xp is such a reward.......

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

I did say that they require some effort. Torps not really because you have a guide, but you can choose to not follow it. 

If a player goes AFK he is not going to do damage, (or at least he should not unless the enemy team is trash and gets within secondary range to try and kill him) and therefore wont be rewarded anywhere near as much as someone else who did anything. 

If you use the guide as your aim point for torps you will not hit many ships you're engaged with. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

If you use the guide as your aim point for torps you will not hit many ships you're engaged with. 

In my experience with DDs the guide has always worked unless the target suddenly changed course or speed. I don't know what guide you are using, but it does not sound like the one I use. 

[Y81]
Members
836 posts
4,556 battles

And what if a CV is sending planes against you?If you have torpedo and dive bombers trying to attack you at the same time as another ship,P also turns off AA as well.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Alpha Tester
530 posts
12,385 battles

And what if a CV is sending planes against you?If you have torpedo and dive bombers trying to attack you at the same time as another ship,P also turns off AA as well.

Exactly!  

• Cool 1