Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DannyBoBandy

American CV VS Japanese CV fighters planes

16 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
234 battles

I notice i lose like fighter v fighter battle out there, is this working as intended and a difference between the two lines? Any advice of what to do to be more successful. I am playing t4 CV

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

IJN fighters are faster yet weaker than US planes.

US planes are slower yet stronger.

It's meant to be different in tactics to spice the game up.  It's a dance -- learn it.

I have both nations and must use different tactics.

Ironicly, I use IJN tactics when I'm on the Saipan.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

US fighters tend to be stronger on the attack due to how many planes they have per squad, IJN stronger on defence as they tend to have more, hosho isn't much for fighters but as you go up the line her daughters become real monsters. 

Members
5 posts
234 battles

I an loving the archetype of CV, and getting better and better on manually dropping my torps even catch a bad destroyer some games. Just got super walloped last game by the langely fighters his 1 squad dropped both my 2 squads one after the other and was still alive. 

Edited by danny_ny

[OPGS]
Members
608 posts
4,038 battles

USN planes tend to have similar Survivability and DPS as IJN ones but they have 6 planes per squadrons. This make them very likely to win a 1v1 fight vs IJN 4 planes squad. IJN counter that with more squads.

Members
220 posts
11,493 battles

IJN fighters are faster yet weaker than US planes.

US planes are slower yet stronger.

It's meant to be different in tactics to spice the game up.  It's a dance -- learn it.

I have both nations and must use different tactics.

Ironicly, I use IJN tactics when I'm on the Saipan.

kinda silly,in real life US planes are faster.

nothing japan had in the sky could even come close to the speed of the dash 4 corsair

• Cool 2

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

kinda silly,in real life US planes are faster.

nothing japan had in the sky could even come close to the speed of the dash 4 corsair

Don't forget, Japan's got supplemented by prototypes, limited projects, and in at least one case a possible imaginary plane here...all the US fighters in this game are those that made it to mass production and practical use.

[BINGO]
Members
22 posts
11,468 battles

At the high tiers IJN planes always roll together. Never win a fight against them with one squadron, usually only kill one. Wish it would be a little more balanced.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

any new updates on carriers now for 2017?

Not yet.  There is a UI overhaul coming soon and possibly a carrier rebalance but...we dunno.  The only things they have said for sure are about the UI.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

I notice i lose like fighter v fighter battle out there, is this working as intended and a difference between the two lines? Any advice of what to do to be more successful. I am playing t4 CV

US fighters are almost always superior to IJN, as long as you dont lose them to strafing. The only exception when it comes to air superiority is Bogue vs Zuiho. Wildcats were generally inferior to Zeros, and you can definitely see that effect at tier 5. Wildcats still win in a fight, but mostly because the squadron is made of 6 planes instead of 4. 

The good new for you is starting at tier 6, US fighters are always superior to IJN. Hellcats are better than Zeros, Corsairs are better than Gales, and etc.

Edited by Ulthwey

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

T8 the planes are about equal individual plane vs plane. But unless you play AS its 10 vs 7 since the skill update. Also rng hates me in the worse ways sometimes and it sometime pops up in fighter combat

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
4,023 posts
5,027 battles

The issue with fighters is.... they're fighters. Once you win the air war with AS, you really can't do anything else. The only possible exceptions I can think of for this rule are USN past Lexington, and even then, you're hampered by your reliance on Dive Bombers.

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

The issue with fighters is.... they're fighters. Once you win the air war with AS, you really can't do anything else. The only possible exceptions I can think of for this rule are USN past Lexington, and even then, you're hampered by your reliance on Dive Bombers.

The 1000pd bombs starting at your namesake are nice but just can't make up for the lack of torpedo bombers.

Sign in to follow this