You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

Why I love cyclones

35 comments in this topic

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

When you see it:

2brzrEG.jpg

Totally worth the izumo's repair bill. :trollface:

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

Izumo  OP        nerf nao!!!  

sawrry  XD

Edited by centarina

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Moskva  OP        nerf nao!!!  

He died pretty early to be honest. 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Cyclone negates all range advantages for a relatively prolonged period of time. Unfortunately, this game is balanced around range and stealth, so cyclone basically throws the notion of balance as we know it out of the window. What's to like about that?

• Cool 2

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

Very nice ram... :D

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Cyclone negates all range advantages for a relatively prolonged period of time. Unfortunately, this game is balanced around range and stealth, so cyclone basically throws the notion of balance as we know it out of the window. What's to like about that?

:popcorn:

It's different, it's fun, and it rewards those who use the minimap to their advantage, for someone like me who actually likes fighting (which seems to be the minority at high tiers) it's a jolly good ole time. 

Also it's not like it's on for the entire match, loosen up and live a little.

• Cool 2

[PSV]
Privateers
5,523 posts
6,129 battles

It's different, it's fun, and it rewards those who use the minimap to their advantage, for someone like me who actually likes fighting (which seems to be the minority at high tiers) it's a jolly good ole time. 

No! Change isn't fun! I don't like things changing! It's like becoming an adult, it sucks!

:trollface:

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

No! Change isn't fun! I don't like things changing! It's like becoming an adult, it sucks!

Kids these days... :P

[SALVO]
Members
28,059 posts
41,711 battles

Variety.  Different challenges.  I'd also like to see weather states that reduce visibility to only about 10 and 15 km.  But in each case, the concept is the same, to force players to adapt to changing game play conditions, to force a more dynamic style of play.

Beta Testers
3,000 posts
4,522 battles

Actual fun close range encounters? More importantly what's not fun about that?

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I find them to be random and more difficult to control and dictate my terms of engagement, which is not fun if you're used to being able to do these things. Perhaps I need to adapt, and I'll accept this point of view as valid, but at the same time there's only so many tactical options left when something is within 8 km of you.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

Biggest crunch I've seen yet...would love to see the replay, LOL.

Wasn't the most amazing battle, dodged some torps, taught an ibuki that my secondary guns can shoot over hills and then the cyclone came in as I was engaged with a cruiser (mogami?) and an iowa, saw my chance and took it, maybe I'll post it on youtube.

[-K--]
Members
3,075 posts
6,658 battles

The steel trireme strikes again!

Members
373 posts
5,398 battles

I agree. And it gives the secondary battery guys something to do, too.

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

i tried to avoid your shells but alas the ibuki isnt very good at dodging when she gets stuck on a rock (totally my fault for running into it anyway though)

good going on the ram though

Edited by GX9900A

[RLGN]
Members
19,160 posts
35,195 battles

EXACTLY.

Cyclone makes everyone equal, (except to a slight extent, DDs...) becasue at 8K it's all a matter of who's ready to fight, (watched the mini-map, or guessed well,) and/or who's quicker on the draw.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

i tried to avoid your shells but alas the ibuki isnt very good at dodging when she gets stuck on a rock (totally my fault for running into it anyway though)

I thought you were going to rush me for torps at one point, but I guess you didn't get the chance to turn around. 

[MAR_U]
Beta Testers
828 posts
10,391 battles

I thought you were going to rush me for torps at one point, but I guess you didn't get the chance to turn around. 

i had already fired all of my torps at baltimore and missed every one lol, though you had no way of knowing that at the time.

[SVER]
Beta Testers
3,810 posts
10,039 battles

i had already fired all of my torps at baltimore and missed every one lol, though you had no way of knowing that at the time.

Yeah if I knew I would have went around the corner sooner, if it makes you feel better your torps did in fact almost hit me there, if it wasn't for that cruiser you may have pulled a chunk out of me.